aberdeen-music

FUDGENIGHT62 - next fudge gig!

The Ghost Of Fudge

right. i'm turning this into an 'equipment and stuff' thread. pay attention.

approx times:

equipment, roll call and get in: sometime between 6 and 7 if you can manage it. just so everything runs smooth.

stayover: 8.45 - 9.15

rachel and her electric piano: 9.35 - 9.55

festr: 10.15 - 10.45

black atom: 11.00 - 11.45

bands done by: midnight

taxi's ordered for: 1am

equipment:

we'll use the moorings kit and amps. sorted. drummers, take the usual. if anyone else wants to bring something, post here...

That was great fun, the barstaff, Laura, MTA, and myself all thouroughly enjoyed that gig. I particularily liked Festr - the first time I'd seen them. Their material and overall musicianship were ace!

Hope everyone else enjoyed themselves as much as we did, it sure seemed that way.

Appologies for the lengthy level check with Festr - my fault!

Note to Spoonie and Fish:

The bass problem kept me awake until 5am, but reckon I have it sussed out now. It's was very strange because the amp was performing fine with the pedal on-stage, yet there was hardly any signal coming through the DI. Initially we focused on the DI thinking the cable had gone, of the output level had moved, but these both checked out OK, that's when it became apparent that the pedal was somehow affecting the DI. We ended up just cranking the input gain both at the amp and desk almost full up to get a workable signal.

This is what came to me at 5am... I should have hooked up your pedal through the FX loop instead of directly into the input. The SVT2PRO is a very hardy unit, and has lots of protection circuitry. I suspect that there may be something resembling a choke regulator between the input and the DI. It seems as though the DI filtered out the signal from the pedal because it though it was noise! It's likely that the FX loop would bypass this feature (for obvious reasons). The manual strongly recommends using the FX loop.

... of course everything I just typed could be utter cack! But I think it was my fault and not the pedal!

That spooked us so much that we 'fell behind the curve' as they say in the IT industry... and we accidentally left Fish's vocal setup as Rachel's keyboard, but only as far as on stage sound was concerned. That one slapped me in the face by the end of the second number. Out front wasn't affected and we though you sounded fantastic. Sorry for the screwups - they don't happen often :)