aberdeen-music

Harry Potter (and spoilers and all that)

Bodast

Are Ron and Hermione finally going to get together??

Page 92: Hermione gets jealous when Ron is talking about Fleur Delacour.

Page 207: Hermione says that Harry is more fanciable because he's taller. Ron proclaims, "I'm tall."

Page 233: Ron is looking for Madam Rosmerta, and Hermione gets jealous again, employing a 'waspish' tone!

I think something's definitely going on. :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was *so* sure it was going to be Hagrid who was the prince, Snape was a bit too obvious as a double bluff.

Hormones a go-go in this though, how long before we get a 'they sank under the invisability cloak clutching each other, safe from the prying eyes of those around them' moment?

Gah! Loved it, maybe the best one so far, despite Rowling taking the easy road with Snape.

Am not so sure Snape is truly evil yet. Dumbledore just doesn't seem like the sort of chap to plead for his life when faced with death. It could be taken both ways - Dumbledore could have seen that sacrificing himself would help the Order defeat Voldemort more than if he remained alive, and was demanding Snape do his duty.

Or Rowling took the easy way out and made Snape evil. I'll still love him either way.

Whoa man. These books are powerfully addictive.

Despite being a LITTLE bit disappointed with the "Spiderman" style "I must do this alone - I can't let myself get close to you" ending, and the slightly flat idea of Harry looking for mystical objects instead of going to Hogwarts next year, I still thought the book was an absolute joy, rich in detail and with some superb one-liners.

and page 556?

took me about a minute til it sank in

powerful stuff. And I'd always been convinced that Snape would turn out the hero of the piece - although maybe that's for book Seven.

scuse me, something in my eye...

AKM

Am not so sure Snape is truly evil yet. Dumbledore just doesn't seem like the sort of chap to plead for his life when faced with death. It could be taken both ways - Dumbledore could have seen that sacrificing himself would help the Order defeat Voldemort more than if he remained alive' date=' and was demanding Snape do his duty.

Or Rowling took the easy way out and made Snape evil. I'll still love him either way.[/quote']

Oi! That was my theory! Blatent plagerism :nono:

I think it was a natural step to eliminate Dumbledore, as book Seven was always going to end with a mano-a-mano between Harry and Voldemort, but I think for once Dumbledore had made a mistake in judgement. I think Harry's suspicions of Snape were correct, and the frequent references to Dumbledore's trusting nature were significant after all.

Such a fine book though. If Rowling can tie everything up this masterfully in the final book, her name will go down in history. If not, she'll never be able to be seen in public again. I was disappointed by the climactic showdowns in "His Dark Materials", between Asriel and the Authority/the Megatron, so I just hope this series has a better finale.

AKM

I think it was a natural step to eliminate Dumbledore' date=' as book Seven was always going to end with a mano-a-mano between Harry and Voldemort, but I think for once Dumbledore had made a mistake in judgement. I think Harry's suspicions of Snape were correct, and the frequent references to Dumbledore's trusting nature were significant after all.

AKM[/quote']

I thought that Rowling might kill off Dumbledore in the 7th book, in the last battle, where Voldemort would be destroyed, but Dumbledore would have to be sacrificed, or something similar. But it seemed a pretty easy way out.

I hated when Harry had to keep making Dumbledore drink that stuff to try to find the locket thing. Anyway yeah, Dumbledore was bound to die, so everything is down to Harry in the last book. He told Dumbledore he would only tell Ron and Hermione about the Horcruxes, so does that mean it can only be those three going after them, or will the members of the Order help too?

I didn't think that book was as good as any of the others really, definitely not as good as 4 and 5. I know before that they were a lot less complicated and maybe less interesting, but don't you kind of yearn for the days when Voldemort was a distant worry who would only crop up at the end of a book, and Snape and Malfoy were unrelated, in-school enemies? Now they are all one single massive constant evil :help: