aberdeen-music

Google Earth

Guest Zeenat Aman

Guest Zeenat Aman

Hi there!

Saw a few posts talking about Google Earth and how it can view from above different parts of the world, trouble is my pc wont accept it.

So, anyone out there who has it, fancy getting me some shots of Caloocan City, Manila, Philippines please?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google earth is good, but not that good. It will only zoom in on major cities, and in many cases the uber-soom area actually misses the city, eg you can zoom really close on the moutains to the north west of glasgow, but not glasgow.

Also the 'live' pictures are really old....london gives it away - The old wembley stadium is still standing on google earth!!

Guest MarkJDelaney

Manhattan's not out of date really.

It's a great program though, but lke others say it will get better and better as more and more places are zoomable.

Try flying to Lima' date=' then navigate to around

14 degrees, 44' S

75 degrees, 10' W

lots of lines, but can't see any of the figures yet. Maybe not enough detail.[/quote']

I get some grid refs from a website, but I couldn't see anything....

you are supposed to see them from the air, at a decent height....

bah !

also, anyone got a grid ref for the great wall of china ?

also' date=' anyone got a grid ref for the great wall of china ?[/quote']

I spent ages looking for it... what happened to the fable that it was one of the few man made objects visible from space? What a pile of tripe. Paris is my favourite city to look through because you can see all the landmarks from a mile away because the scenery literally points it out.

I read it was a hundred miles or so north of Beijing' date=' so I went for a wander. I think I might have seen it, BUT... wtf is [i']that???

53d 39'

110d 23'

- ish...

That's a bit more than 100 miles from Beijing. I can't see anything weird there either.

Best view of the Great Wall is approx 39.98,115.96