aberdeen-music

Radio station now on-air!

Neil

That's right folks, aberdeen-music.com radio is now officially on-air! At the moment the station is continuously playing tracks from all the local bands and artists that submitted MP3s to me over the last few weeks. Many thanks to you that did submit tracks and there is now currently over 1 hour of local music on the play list. This will only increase and evolve as more tracks are submitted and bands/artists swap out older tracks for newer ones.

Please note only those with a broadband connection to the Internet will be able to successfully tune into the radio station at present.

Now for the information many of you amateur DJs/radio show producers have been waiting for! How can you get your own show on aberdeen-music.com? It's relatively simple and the following two FAQ articles should explain what you need to know:

- How do I get my music onto the radio station's playlist?

- How can I get my own show and/or DJ on the radio station?

Please read the articles above and if you would still like to broadcast your own show or event (either pre-recorded or live) then please contact Dave to book a time and date. Please contact me if you have any technical queries.

Many thanks to Dave for volunteering to help with all this! Dave will be responsible for broadcasting the first of hopefully many shows on aberdeen-music.com radio. Keep an eye out for the date and time of when we expect this to take place.

I'm guessing you're going to be using this host / location / url all the time' date=' as it's the same one that was saved in my i-tunes from the test broadcast.[/quote']

Yep, the broadcast URL will not change so you are safe to bookmark it or whatever.

so you have to be a supporter to take part? there's a good incentive to get people to cough up the measly 2 quid a month! if you need any professional advice dont ask me i aint got a clue :)

i would say just take your time, let it develop slowly, hopefully it will turn into something quite beautiful - good luck!

Guest Zeenat Aman

This is great, I look forward to hearing shows from the members.

I'd like to do a trippy prog/folk/jazz/world music show, but I hope that both Alan Cynic and the Interesting Music people do broadcasts also.

WHAT? You want ME to pay YOU for producing radio shows?

Ha ha ha nice one.

Yeah I'll do a show for you, give me a couple of weeks and I'll give you a one hour show on CD .

I have done this sort of thing locally before at Northsound,N.E.C.R,WAVES PETERHEAD/ and BBC Radio Scotland, WAVES FM Tenerife etc It's great fun but too time consuming for me to do it regularly.

It doesn't matter who your Internet provider is (AOL should be fine) but you must have a broadband connection to the Internet in order to tune into the radio station due to the high level of bandwidth required.

The tracks are played in a random order but the server does make sure each track gets played the same amount as any other track on the play list. So it shouldn't repeat that often. I guess as the play list gets bigger then it should occur less often.

And talking of the play list. As of this evening the play list consists of the following:

Aurora - Wasted Again.mp3

Black Atom - All We Are.mp3

Colon Openbracket - Twin Chevron Action Flash.mp3

deadenstereo - The Ideas We Have of God.mp3

Deadloss Superstar - Wall of Skin.mp3

Everwicked - A Thousand Corpses.mp3

Genevieve - Alphabetty.mp3

Identity - Fall Away.mp3

Jo McCafferty - Dangerous Ground.mp3

Kordoba - Achievement.mp3

Matthew O'Leary - Old Photographs.mp3

Mind Gone Blind - Fear.mp3

Onion Terror - Hangover.mp3

Quik - Point Blank.mp3

Radio Lucifer - Smoking Cigarettes In Hell.mp3

Statue of Misery - Legs Wide Open.mp3

Stayover - Naturally Deselected.mp3

Sundaram - Sundaram Part 1.mp3

The Kitchen Cynics - The Place You Hid.mp3

Third Floor Rising - Higher.mp3

It doesn't matter who your Internet provider is (AOL should be fine) but you must have a broadband connection to the Internet in order to tune into the radio station due to the high level of bandwidth required.

Aha, that would explain why it doesn't work then, thanks for clarifying that.. guess it's back to my hard drive then :music:

I have AOL and 2 meg broadband but it says something about if Im still online and the network being congested. I did try to put the URL to my windows media player but it was having none of it lol

Yeah, that should work fine then. Try using WinAmp instead.

Guest Zeenat Aman
Good man! Can't wait. :)

I'm expecting people to say things like "what a load of s#*^ that was" etc.

It's a wee bit eclectic if nothing else.

A question, will these member shows get repeated or a one play only at an allocated time?