aberdeen-music

fucking ace songs by Statue of Misery.

Chi 666

Telling people to "keep comments to yourself" and going on about how quickly and cheaply you had to record' date=' etc, sounds pretty narky and defensive to me. If people want to take the piss out of your band, they're allowed to. Live with it.

I happen think my band's *songs* are terrific, but I'm realistic enough to know that as a band, we are not well-honed or tight enough to start banging the drum about how good we are.

AKM[/quote']

i like my bands songs (im the singer)we wouldnt have put them on the web other wise but opinions are like arseholes every ones got one and fuck it let them i for one will say if i think a bands shite so i would expect the same back its all fair in love in music cheers for the comments though

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first track is grim.its boring' date=' cliched metal.hate the geetar tone, riff is so unoriginal its painful.weak drums.yuck.

second track i quite like, but thats down to the singer, kinda layne staleyesque.saves it for me.

i'd say you were a bad metal band.[/quote']

crivvens, i just heard kordoba on the radio, and you said IM weak drummer :cheers: , i feel so much better now.

Yeah our drummer isn't great. But considering he only started playing in November, he's not bad for 9 months, no lessons and only one practice a week.

Anyhow, 'twasn't me who said your drummer was weak, and I don't recall telling everyone that Kordoba were "f*cking ace"...

cheers,

AKM

if your in a band then you should know that "self-hype" is not a bad thing

Ask any member of a now defunct band called Battery Living, and they will tell you that most types of hype, especially self-hype, is one of the worst things for a new band. And with their bassist being our singer/guitarist, she knew how we should go about starting up.

99% (probably) of bands aren't as good as they think they are. A member of a band has a very subjective veiw of their music, as it's their own. Like a kid, you might have an ugly kid but being your kid, you see it as beautiful. Stupid example, i know, but all those fucking mothers with their "look at my cute baby..."... it's not cute, it's a fat little thing that just sits there.

Hmm, off on a tangent there. Anyway, I don't have lots of experience to speak from or anything, but common sense tells me that a band sound very different objectively than they do subjectively. So maybe just calm the "fucking ace songs!" down a bit, keep it to yourself. If you're proud of your music (which you obviously are) then good on you, but you don't have to let everyone know, especially in a situation where people enjoy deconstructing and criticising everything you say.

On the topic of your music in particular, I'm not a fan of the genre, so it's far beyond me to offer any comment, other than the fact that the singer has an ace voice.

99% (probably) of bands aren't as good as they think they are. A member of a band has a very subjective veiw of their music' date=' as it's their own. Like a kid, you might have an ugly kid but being your kid, you see it as beautiful. Stupid example, i know, but all those fucking mothers with their "look at my cute baby..."... it's not cute, it's a fat little thing that just sits there.

[b']Hmm, off on a tangent there.

No no, I thought it was a good analogy.

Here is my actual thoughts on the music:

Leg's Wide Open: Off-puting production. I think that what the two guitars are doing is fairly decent, when you can make it out. Chorus is quite catchy. Singing is definately the highlight, I'd say it's quite identifiable which is always good. Not bad at all, although, I don't think the name suits it.

Road to Ruin: Production again. Still some catchy vocal lines again, this one doesn't really do it for me at all though, I think the songwriting is weak, I don't really like riffs that go the whole way through a song where I know how to play instantly on hearing it. Performed competently though.

I know a thousand people say it, but if I was you i'd concentrate on producing one or two fantastic sounding tracks as opposed to just cranking out 5 more that are ruined by a wall of fuzz.

Ask any member of a now defunct band called Battery Living' date=' and they will tell you that most types of hype, especially self-hype, is one of the worst things for a new band. And with their bassist being our singer/guitarist, she knew how we should go about starting up.

99% (probably) of bands aren't as good as they think they are. A member of a band has a very subjective veiw of their music, as it's their own. Like a kid, you might have an ugly kid but being your kid, you see it as beautiful. Stupid example, i know, but all those fucking mothers with their "look at my cute baby..."... it's not cute, it's a fat little thing that just sits there.

Hmm, off on a tangent there. Anyway, I don't have lots of experience to speak from or anything, but common sense tells me that a band sound very different objectively than they do subjectively. So maybe just calm the "fucking ace songs!" down a bit, keep it to yourself. If you're proud of your music (which you obviously are) then good on you, but you don't have to let everyone know, especially in a situation where people enjoy deconstructing and criticising everything you say.

On the topic of your music in particular, I'm not a fan of the genre, so it's far beyond me to offer any comment, other than the fact that the singer has an ace voice.[/quote']

yeah, chi sometimes goes a little off on a tangent with regards to "fucking ace songs by...." , that wouldnt be my personal approach but when you see people come in and go, this was weak , that was shit.....then your automatic response is to defend yourself. and your very right about the finding your own music better than it probably is. sometimes i listen to our songs i think, YES YES THIS ROCKS. then other times i hear it and think: ouch, how did i manage to play that so bad.

Yeah our drummer isn't great. But considering he only started playing in November' date=' he's not bad for 9 months, no lessons and only one practice a week.

Anyhow, 'twasn't me who said your drummer was weak, and I don't recall telling everyone that Kordoba were "f*cking ace"...

cheers,

AKM[/quote']

well then yeah, he's not all that bad. better than i was after nine months i think. and yeah sorry, i was thinking off steve corps from page two of this forum regarding the "weak drums" bit

i just wanted to creat another forum so more people could hear our stuff, it was just a title to get people attracted. and fuck man, the FUCKING FUZZ came from the cabs from toms man, i fucking hate that. i understand all the comments and agree with most of them but hay "things can only get better". :D

Guest Page 99
none of them were naked. it was almost' date=' but not QUITE as bad as that fucking Papa Roach video.[/quote']

The question is though... WHICH video? They are all fucking shite!

Although the new one was funny for about 10 seconds when I tried to work out whether it was them or 18 Visions.. (the singers are both a pair of retarded looking twats)

The question is though... WHICH video? They are all fucking shite!

Although the new one was funny for about 10 seconds when I tried to work out whether it was them or 18 Visions.. (the singers are both a pair of retarded looking twats)

the one wheres its got a load of Papa Roach fans in their rooms complaining about how bad their life is, when in fact, they're all middle class american rich kids that have had everything they ever wanted bought for them by mummy and daddy.

cut my life into pieces indeed.

I once bought a Papa Roach album' date=' it is the worst album I have ever bought, I hang my bald head in shame.[/quote']

I bought a Papa Roach bootleg of their early stuff. Its shite. It has a song called Pee Wagon which the lyrics are "I go to my best friends house to sleep at night, I hope i dont pee on myself or on my best friends couch". hilarious.

Guest AmbientMood

This band need to realise that no one on aberdeen music actually has an obligation to give a shit about them. I don't know why so many beginner bands are so incapable of creating music that isn't just a poor replication of a terrible imitation. hehe :)

Disgustingly below average-to-poor in the bad metal stakes.

Guitar tone is shocking.

And you look like utter losers.