aberdeen-music

ID Cards?

Guest tv tanned

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tv tanned
I don't think they would have prevented it...but i do think they are a good idea. If you're a white person who doesn't talk funny then there is no problem.

I couldn't agree more.

why? Do they have the question "Are you a terrorist?" on them?

ID cards are an infringement on our right to privacy.

Bollocks.

If you've got a credit card, bank account, mortgage, pension etc, then the government already knows everything about you that is worth knowing.

This scaremongering shite about "infringement on privacy" gets on my tits....where's the evidence?

Guest tv tanned
If you've got a credit card' date=' bank account, mortgage, pension etc, then the government already knows everything about you that is worth knowing.[/quote']

So what the fuck is the point of them then?

So what the fuck is the point of them then?

The point is security....if you've got one, you're a legal citizen, if you don't, you're not.

It's this cynical nonsense about the government using them to infringe privacy that irritates me....the goverment has denied it, and IMO it just wont happen. The government know tonnes about us anyway, and we're all happily oblivious to this fact. Fail to see how an identity card is going to make things even more "big brother" than they are just now.

Guest tv tanned
The point is security....if you've got one' date=' you're a legal citizen, if you don't, you're not.

It's this cynical nonsense about the government using them to infringe privacy that irritates me....the goverment has denied it, and IMO it just wont happen. The government know tonnes about us anyway, and we're all happily oblivious to this fact. Fail to see how an identity card is going to make things even more "big brother" than they are just now.[/quote']

security my arse.

Spain has ID cards, it did them fuck all good.

They're no more an infringement on privacy than a national insurance number, driving license or passport.

One card with all the information required rather than loads of cards busting out your wallet. Hard to get unless your completely legit., in the same way as passport. Improved security, with a reduction in beurocracy and cost to the tax payer, so funds can be channeled out of the civil service into schools and hospitals. I think ID cards are a good idea.

Bollocks.

If you've got a credit card' date=' bank account, mortgage, pension etc, then the government already knows everything about you that is worth knowing.

This scaremongering shite about "infringement on privacy" gets on my tits....where's the evidence?[/quote']

so why the fuck are we expected to pay another 100 on an ID card when we have all those things?

where's the evidence they'll stop people blowing up trains & buses?

It's this cynical nonsense about the government using them to infringe privacy that irritates me....the goverment has denied it' date=' and IMO it just wont happen. [/quote']

Oh, well, that's my opinion changed - "the goverment has denied it" so it must be true.

And, hey, it's been backed up by a random bloke on the internet!

Fuck it, what was I thinking? Of course an overprived white elephant such as this will wip out terrorism at a single stroke!

They're no more an infringement on privacy than a national insurance number' date=' driving license or passport.

One card with all the information required rather than loads of cards busting out your wallet. Hard to get unless your completely legit., in the same way as passport. Improved security, with a reduction in beurocracy and cost to the tax payer, so funds can be channeled out of the civil service into schools and hospitals. I think ID cards are a good idea.[/quote']

I mean, fuck me, saving space in your wallet is hardly a legitimate reason for introducing them is it?

And so far the bearocracy seems to be getting more & more.

Anyway, further reading on various aspects of ID cards worldwide -

http://www.privacyinternational.org/article.shtml?cmd[347]=x-347-61882&als[theme]=National%20ID%20Cards&headline=On%20Campaigns%20of%20Opposition%20to%20ID%20Card%20Schemes

http://www.epic.org/privacy/id_cards/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_card

You've got a passport? You've got a driving license/provisional?

It wouldn't be more severe than carrying around your passport accept that it holds more information about you... you don't have to stick it to your head and say... "wooo, this is me... learn all about me!!!"

The point is security....if you've got one' date=' you're a legal citizen, if you don't, you're not.

It's this cynical nonsense about the government using them to infringe privacy that irritates me....the goverment has denied it, and IMO it just wont happen. The government know tonnes about us anyway, and we're all happily oblivious to this fact. Fail to see how an identity card is going to make things even more "big brother" than they are just now.[/quote']

They also scan have information including and eye scan and fingerprints on them.. meaning there is no way people can steal it and pretend to be you.

I can't see the problem... it's basically a jazzed up passport. It's not like people are putting cameras in your house.

Bombs: Fucking aweful....thats all that needs said...its down right shit....

Id Cards: And also if we get ID cards or not...we still have to upgrade our passport system to meet the requirements of other countries...so money is going to spent by you either way...so no point in bitching about the costs...it has an eye scan and finger print information....big deal....thats the only personal information upgrade it will have on it compared to a normal passport....

Guest tv tanned
post edited.

Typing error.. phone rung. Oopsy.

only accept is still there instead of except...

and my comment was aimed more at the 'it's no more severe...but it has more information'

that's a bit of doubletalk surely?

They also scan have information including and eye scan and fingerprints on them.. meaning there is no way people can steal it and pretend to be you.

I can't see the problem... it's basically a jazzed up passport. It's not like people are putting cameras in your house.

amazing.

"ah, excuse me mr rag head, yes, you with the buldging ruck sack, come over here a second...now, I want to see your ID card....*boom* "

ah, shit, should have asked him that before he got in the country...where was that then ? "don't ask me ? ... in a tunnel ? by plane ?....err....boat ?"

fucking great. I can really see this working.

"right, hands up whos a goody, show me your card"

spend the 8 billion or what ever silly number it is on rolling out more bobbie, metal detectors....or spend 8 billion on 2 weeks of decent carpet bombing to destroy "coloured people who don't follow christ teachings".

armageddon, I like it like it, yes I do. (have a coke and a smile)

only accept is still there instead of except...

and my comment was aimed more at the 'it's no more severe...but it has more information'

that's a bit of doubletalk surely?

bah *waves hand at typing error*

True... it has more information... but it's information that can't really be used by anyone else (unless they have sooper wooper technology or get new eyes put in... meaning... your eyes!)

bah *waves hand at typing error*

True... it has more information... but it's information that can't really be used by anyone else (unless they have sooper wooper technology or get new eyes put in... meaning... your eyes!)

HAVE YOU NOT SEEN CHARLIES ANGELS ?...

sheesh...

evidence on film that biometric identity can be stolen.

fact.

he

he

amazing.

"ah' date=' excuse me mr rag head, yes, you with the buldging ruck sack, come over here a second...now, I want to see your ID card....*boom* "

ah, shit, should have asked him that before he got in the country...where was that then ? "don't ask me ? ... in a tunnel ? by plane ?....err....boat ?"

fucking great. I can really see this working.

"right, hands up whos a goody, show me your card"

spend the 8 billion or what ever silly number it is on rolling out more bobbie, metal detectors....or spend 8 billion on 2 weeks of decent carpet bombing to destroy "coloured people who don't follow christ teachings".

armageddon, I like it like it, yes I do. (have a coke and a smile)[/quote']

Alright... but it's more for future safety than an immediate result...

HAVE YOU NOT SEEN CHARLIES ANGELS ?...

sheesh...

evidence on film that biometric identity can be stolen.

fact.

he

he

Charlie's Angels also goes against the fact that no hairspray exists that can give that kind of hold after you've run up a wall and had a full off flying karate kick battle.

It's like soooooooooooooooooooo far out, girlfriend. :p