aberdeen-music

Volcanic Eruption in Yellowstone park!

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

are you fissuring for compliments ?

hah, that joke was just the tectonic!

*sigh*

yellowstone is nuts, no point in worrying about it though cause there really is fuck all anyone can do. if it erupts we're all fucked so just pretend it's not there, it can't be stopped and when it goes you can't do anything anyway so my advice is to try and go and see it at some point and if you get lucky you might just be standing on the centre when it goes and you'll die quick rather than suffocating on spiky ash or being frozen to death in the ensuing ice age.

a great book which explains super volcanoes in easy to digest manners is of course bill bryson's book on science - a short history of nearly everything.

Well its 9.23 am and im away to go to my Geo-science lecture, so im pretty sure il hear all about it. its very cool when volcanoes erupt - i was almost about to put a link to let you guys see some volcanoes erupting - then thought how uncool that was - im a geek!!!

I had never even heard of it until I read that.

I'm sure if it was as big as its being made out to be' date=' someone along the way would have mentioned it to me.[/quote']

It is as big as its being made out to be.... but we've know about it for a while.

Well its 9.23 am and im away to go to my Geo-science lecture' date=' so im pretty sure il hear all about it. its very cool when volcanoes erupt - i was almost about to put a link to let you guys see some volcanoes erupting - then thought how uncool that was - im a geek!!![/quote']

WOHOOO! Finally a fellow Geosciencer! What uni to you go to? I'm at St A....

Excellent.....i graduated in geology at St.A in 1998. How are Prave' date=' Alsop, Oliver and all the other geo-monkeys?[/quote']

no fukin way man??? haha they are all doing awesome!! Im in 2nd year, so we've been to Spain in easter (around Madrid area, not Piranees this time...) it was awesome.

Man thats soo cool... Oliver is still the same military regime haha... Repeat after me: Chlorite, Biotite, Andalusite, Silimanite blah blah hehe!

tcake - do you know Michael Stewart? he might not be in your year but he does Geo at Aberdeen I think...