aberdeen-music

busking with electric drums

Biz

Yeah ' date='how do I provide power for a Roland TD6 kit and an amp - do I need a generator or a big battery ,any solar powered solutions?.[/quote']

I suppose you could run it from a mini generator... but batteries are the most likely soloution, non? Does it take them? You can get some cool smaller mini amps that are battery operated. :)

I know Biz

Head for the pet shop on George Strasse and purchase around two hundred hamsters and the wee wheels... Hook em up to a wee transformer and away ye go!

Or

Hook up the transformer to those charity folk wi clip boards in town and get it to register every time they bullshit! Shouldn't take long before your off and drumming!

Or

rub yer heed wi ballons and run off the static lecky

:D

check what power supply the drum module needs' date=' if its 9v or similar it may be possible to bodge some batteries together, though how long they would last i dunno...

you can get small battery powered amps that should do the job ampwise

David[/quote']

I suspect it will be a 9V supply, but with all the stuff that needs powering, I reckon it could be the shortest busking session ever.

Get a generator.....or better still, play a proper drum kit.

i cant really imagine drumming would be much good for busking in the first place, with guitar and the like buskers can play well known songs that people recognise, so people will donate money, with drums it will sound like some guy making a noise... not really recognisable songs as such (regardless of whether you can play beatles numbers beat for beat)

David

nah ye dinna get it...

I take along an electric drumkit,amp,and CD player and around 50 CDs - then the public get to choose a track and I will play it with a litle Je ne sai quais thrown in for good measure - prestidigitation is the name of the game- I do not intent to waste time being crap - I need real solutions before the dreich weather hits us again.

A small generator seems to be the way forward but I'm such an environmentalist I'd rather go for the solar/wind/rechargable batttery approach...

any ideas? where's Ian Christie when you need him?.

I'll answer that..telling the drunken Biz the solution on a friday night ...that's where.

a petrol generator would be useless, the ones i have heard have all been rather loud 2 stroke engines, so would completely oblitterate you playing... something quiet enough for you to easily play over will be available somewhere, but to my knowledge normal ones are pretty noisey

possibly something like car/golf cart batteries, i guess they would have a lot more power available than a couple of 9v's and are rechargable, though i think that normal car batteries run at 12v, might be an idea to look at though

David

where's Ian Christie when you need him?.

I'll answer that..telling the drunken Biz the solution on a friday night ...that's where.

You'll catch me either in drummonds just after 6, the tunnels for a couple/three hours after one soundcheck, and back to Drummonds for a couple of hours.(Little kicks in Drummonds, Arrowspeed in Tunnels, busy busy) It might take me 'til Saturday to come up with a feasible answer if you come equipped with the specs (AC or DC, voltage and ampage, mere speculation without them) on Friday.

Also, just remembered, I've got to catch up with Grant from Stanley cos he's moving to Edinburgh so Ma's about 8ish is also a possibility. So many bands, so little time. Harrumph!

Also, I don't guarantee the solution will be feasible.

DC IN 9V 1000Ma use Roland ACI OR ACB ADAPTER ONLY

I tried using a tiny clip on Marshall Stack but it's nae loud enough' date='so will have to use a bigger amp..,which I have got .[/quote']

That's tricky, you're going to have to use 250 V by the sounds of it, which points to a generator. Nae cheap, nae quiet and nae fun lugging it about.