aberdeen-music

F***ing prisioners

Birdman

Guest tv tanned
That if you stepped out of line then you would be punnished... Nowadays you can commite crimes knowing that you shall get away with it! Not a Nazi or anything was just making a viasable comparison or so i believe

Stepped out of line by wearing a skull cap perhaps?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluesxman
anyone with a degree in law or science will tell you that there is no way to prove a case conclusively.

that is why we have the caveat of 'beyond reasonable doubt'

Which is why I mentioned DNA testing or have we discovered a way to falsify DNA all of a sudden?

People on here are so laughable, dish out negative scene points to those who have different view points but don't even state exactly why!!!! Assholes.....

Guest tv tanned
Which is why I mentioned DNA testing or have we discovered a way to falsify DNA all of a sudden?

People on here are so laughable' date=' dish out negative scene points to those who have different view points but don't even state exactly why!!!! Assholes.....[/quote']

y'know people's DNA can get into a crime scene without them being involved in the crime.

For example, if someone scratches me during the day, and then gets murdered at night, my skin is underneath their fingernails, and so my DNA is at the scene.

I'm not saying that it is not a strong method, but to suggest that it is 100% effective is naive.

Personally' date=' I feel that with the DNA evidence techniques which are available today, if a person has been unarguably proven to have purposely killed another person, they should be given the death penalty. It will not deter those who are inclined towards killing but at least it's one less cost to the taxpayer. I also feel the same way about paedophiles. QUOTE']

What a dose of shite. Think about this scenario for a second:

You are a paedophile. You sexually abuse a kid, and the penalty for this is death. The penalty for murder is also death. There is more chance of you being convicted and sent to death if the child lives, so rather than just abuse the child, you kill them too. Less chance of being found out if the child is dead, and the penalty is just the same. Therefore, a child who would have otherwise lived will die, because of the death penalty.

I also can't understand those who think rapists should be put to death. The victim would be killed by the attacker, simply because there is more chance of the attacker being sent to death if the victim lives and testifies.

Sorry if that made little sense, it's a confusing topic, and difficult to comment on without fear of being misrepresented. Don't get me wrong, I think rape and paedophilia are reprehensible, but must not carry as severe a sentence as murder. If they do, rather than instances of rape and paedophilia decreasing by deterrent, instances of rape, paedophilia followed by murder would increase, as would the attacker's chances of getting away with it.

Love from Christy

And I think the Nazis invented recorded sound.

Bollocks...the idea of recorded sound goes as far back as 1806 with sound waves of a tuning fork being captured on a wax coated drum...although the phonograph was invented (by chance) in 1877 by Edison. You're maybe thinking of magnetic tape...even then, thats an incorrect statement to make...

Bollocks...the idea of recorded sound goes as far back as 1806 with sound waves of a tuning fork being captured on a wax coated drum...although the phonograph was invented (by chance) in 1877 by Edison. You're maybe thinking of magnetic tape...even then' date=' thats an incorrect statement to make...[/quote']

Apologies, I was meaning that. Recording to tape. Shawn the Ox I think told me that once, but he will be able to expain better. He does have a sound engineering qualification.

Before you get all irate I did say "I think", thus allowing the possibility that I was wrong.

Guest bluesxman

People on here are so laughable' date=' dish out negative scene points to those who have different view points but don't even state exactly why!!!! Assholes.....[/quote']

Got a reason at last!

'ill tell ya why....cos yer a gimp'

:cheers:

Guest bluesxman
y'know people's DNA can get into a crime scene without them being involved in the crime.

For example' date=' if someone scratches me during the day, and then gets murdered at night, my skin is underneath their fingernails, and so my DNA is at the scene.

I'm not saying that it is not a strong method, but to suggest that it is 100% effective is naive.[/quote']

Yes but i'm not saying give the death penalty to anyone who's DNA is found at the scene am I? Alibi's, etc all come into it - i'm not trying to solve the justice system but I think that there could be a shit load more justice than exists today.

anyway, back to prisons. yes, being seculded from friends and family etc isnt nice, but prison isnt meant to be.

Prisoners have it too good. own tv's, massages! what have we come too. even their sentaces are laugble. if you are given life, it should be life.

it is sad when someone is convicted who is innocent and they have to go through being sepreted from loved ones.

its even sadder when a rapists and murders etc get set free, and someone who just didnt pay their council tax etc gets locked up! jail the people who bloody deserve it!

Guest tv tanned
Yes but i'm not saying give the death penalty to anyone who's DNA is found at the scene am I? Alibi's' date=' etc all come into it - i'm not trying to solve the justice system but I think that there could be a shit load more justice than exists today.[/quote']

For as long as people are happy to re-elect a Prime Minister who lied to take the country into an illegal war, there ain't going to be much justice.

Apologies' date=' I was meaning that. Recording to tape. Shawn the Ox I think told me that once, but he will be able to expain better. He does have a sound engineering qualification.

Before you get all irate I did say "I think", thus allowing the possibility that I was wrong.[/quote']

It was patented in Germany in 1929 by Fritz Pfleumer. Wire recorders existed long before this, which worked on the same principle. It was after the war that a "magnetophon" was discovered in an abandoned Nazi radio station by Jack Mullen in 1944, who took the technology back to the US and showed it to Ampex, who, with funding by Bing Crosby, created their own version (the German patents were not valid in the US so it was a free for all). The Nazis may have helped improve the technology, but they certainly didn't invent it...and it was Bing Crosby's desire to pre-record his shows to quality mediums so his shows could appear at the clock time in different parts of the US that really revolutionised it....long story which I can't remember..

"My opposition to the death penalty is fairly core, I object to the damage it does to my spirit for my government to kill people because my government is supposed to be me and I object to me killing people." - Steve Earle.

Anyone who is in favour of the death penalty should first take a step back and consider whether they would really, truly be willing to throw the switch or push the plunger on the needle and end that person's life. And if you wouldn't be willing to do it yourself, why do you support it at all?

Not to mention that it begs the question...if you would be willing to, are you any better than the criminal on the receiving end?

As a person whose whole family and whole life was destroyed by some cunt, now in prison, it makes me physically sick to think that they have any right to complain about back pain. They have beds and they get fed regularly. Thats all the pleasures of life they are entitled to.