aberdeen-music

F***ing prisioners

Birdman

I have heard so much shit recently about prisioners and the seemingly unbridled level of pampering they get that its really really beginning to sicken me. Most recently I heard that a prisioner complaining of back pains was receiving professional massages....................

Now let me know what you think about things like this. I'm sure that the outcome will reflect my worries aboutt he state of the situation in these "punishment" institutes, but let me and everyone else know what should be done.

do you think its right for those indicted to seek all the luxaries that a free person should receive.

I fear I can't post on here what I believe should be done to convicted criminals/ murderers because its would go beyond what the Nazi's did to the Jews.

(Not Birdman)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tv tanned
I fear I can't post on here what I believe should be done to convicted criminals/ murderers because its would go beyond what the Nazi's did to the Jews.

You think we should make soap out of people who default on a fine?

yeah....whatever that means Re: Tranzmute

No silly, i'm talking about criminals....not the unfortunate

thansk for the negative scene point by the way....not sure how "prisioners" exemplifies your anger toward me though.

please, everyone else. The state of affairs in the prison system is a total and utter outrage. Let us know what you think....or myabe I'm the minority here and you all think that the people in jails are being treated inhumanly...

(Not Birdman)

Guest tv tanned
yeah....whatever that means Re: Tranzmute

No silly' date=' i'm talking about criminals....not the unfortunate

thansk for the negative scene point by the way....not sure how "prisioners" exemplifies your anger toward me though.

please, everyone else. The state of affairs in the prison system is a total and utter outrage. Let us know what you think....or myabe I'm the minority here and you all think that the people in jails are being treated inhumanly...

[b'](Not Birdman)

perhaps if you gave a coherent explanation of your concerns then a discussion could take place.

so, people who don't pay their fines are not criminals?

someone better tell Colin McKerracher...

Guest tv tanned

given that i am not in possession of the full facts surrounding the case, nor hold a legal qualification, it would be wrong of me to try and lecture people on what sentences are appropriate.

I think the death penalty is an ineffective method of justice, it does not provide a deterrent at all, and does not bring back those who have been lost.

Tell me, were you in the car park when the crime you are linking to occurred?

Well I'm sure a collaboration of 99% factual evidence regarding the mans whereabouts and acts during the crime will prove his guilt.

Capital punishment is the ultimate deterrent. You must be blind not to see that. The amount of re-offenders in the country is rising every single years because of the following

< They are getting free accommodation and food in jail for committing offences

< They are getting benefits and cash rewards because they claim to be "bored"

< Their sentances are being slashed significantly regardless of good behaviour

< They are no longer receiving punishment to the level of that in the 30's i.e painful and necessary

< There comfots in the cells include luxuries such as Sky TV and sporting equipment, which would far better suit a failing school

Why should I go on here.....I think my point is made clear.

oh yeah, and by criminal I mean Thief, murderer, etc and not the 80 year old widow that some of you would like to skewer readers of this thread with.

(Not Birdman)

Well I'm sure a collaboration of 99% factual evidence regarding the mans whereabouts and acts during the crime will prove his guilt.

Capital punishment is the ultimate deterrent. You must be blind not to see that. The amount of re-offenders in the country is rising every single years because of the following

< They are no longer receiving punishment to the level of that in the 30's i.e painful and n

< There comfots in the cells include luxuries such as Sky TV and sporting equipment' date=' which would far better suit a failing school

[b'](Not Birdman)

The point of prison is to take away your freedom,

if you take away all their luxurys away put them in a dark cell all day and wipp them, they will come out of prison retarded

Guest tv tanned

< They are no longer receiving punishment to the level of that in the 30's i.e painful and necessary

< There comfots in the cells include luxuries such as Sky TV and sporting equipment' date=' which would far better suit a failing school

Why should I go on here.....I think my point is made clear.

oh yeah, and by criminal I mean Thief, murderer, etc and not the 80 year old widow that some of you would like to skewer readers of this thread with.

[b'](Not Birdman)

To quote:

"Another innocent victim carried away, and as the jails fill up then the idiots say that we should string 'em all up as a lesson to all to end crime, why waste your time? Nothing's cured by a rope or a gun, they're just a fix for revenge but the damage is done. We gotta dig at the roots, pull the desperate and weak out of the slime that sucks them down."

copyright - Willie Dowling

You strike me as the type who writes enraged letters to the Evening Depressed about how criminals get away with this, that and the other, spouting uninformed bile in every direction and using individual and exceptional examples as somehow being representative of the entirity.

Bollocks

The problems with prisons is the level of social contact they seem to get with other inmates. They go in a petty thief, then come out a hardened super-criminal with a huge network of their criminal buddies for them to leave and start doing it again.

If we made prisons like, the absolute worst place to be; make them sleep on a raised concrete block, give them enough food to live on and no more, no TV, little leisure time, maybe like, the bare minimum that human rights legislation would allow, it would make them detest the place after being once, and in THEORY, act as a deterrant to re-offending.

On a separate note, does anyone think that sometimes 'disadvantaged' people in society recieve so many benefits that they actually become advantaged over the rest of the population, thus defeating the purpose of the exercise?

Guest tv tanned
On a separate note' date=' does anyone think that sometimes 'disadvantaged' people in society recieve so many benefits that they actually become advantaged over the rest of the population, thus defeating the purpose of the exercise?[/quote']

!!!

are you being remotely serious?

Guest bluesxman

Personally, I feel that with the DNA evidence techniques which are available today, if a person has been unarguably proven to have purposely killed another person, they should be given the death penalty. It will not deter those who are inclined towards killing but at least it's one less cost to the taxpayer. I also feel the same way about paedophiles. While Mr Righteous can argue about equality, rights and rehabilitation, how many times do we need to read about the above offenders being released back into society only to repeat their crimes.

While it will not bring back those who are gone, I'm sure it will bring a feeling of justice to their families. Does anyone think of losing a loved one and feel happy at the idea of their killer living in the lap of luxury in private cells because they have to be segregated from other prisoners who wish them harm?

As I say I am only in favour of this when it has been proven without doubt, this is not beyond our means in this day and age.

Guest tv tanned
Personally' date=' I feel that with the DNA evidence techniques which are available today, if a person has been unarguably proven to have purposely killed another person, they should be given the death penalty. It will not deter those who are inclined towards killing but at least it's one less cost to the taxpayer. I also feel the same way about paedophiles. While Mr Righteous can argue about equality, rights and rehabilitation, how many times do we need to read about the above offenders being released back into society only to repeat their crimes.

While it will not bring back those who are gone, I'm sure it will bring a feeling of justice to their families. Does anyone think of losing a loved one and feel happy at the idea of their killer living in the lap of luxury in private cells because they have to be segregated from other prisoners who wish them harm?

As I say I am only in favour of this when it has been proven without doubt, this is not beyond our means in this day and age.[/quote']

anyone with a degree in law or science will tell you that there is no way to prove a case conclusively.

that is why we have the caveat of 'beyond reasonable doubt'