aberdeen-music

Music t-shirts

Time Machine

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And ANCIENT MARINER, I do buy tshirts at most gigs I go to, but I don't usually wear them at the gig, instead preferring to drape them over my arm like a waiter throughout the entire duration of the show.

I don't see the problem in wearing band tshirts - if you like them, why not display it? I don't care if it removes the mystique of not knowing what likes people share with you. I'll have your Mogwai tshirt if it's going Steve....

And ANCIENT MARINER' date=' I do buy tshirts at most gigs I go to, but I don't usually wear them at the gig, instead preferring to drape them over my arm like a waiter throughout the entire duration of the show.

I don't see the problem in wearing band tshirts - if you like them, why not display it? I don't care if it removes the mystique of not knowing what likes people share with you. I'll have your Mogwai tshirt if it's going Steve....[/quote']

Sold! At least that one has a good slogan at on it, one, indeed, that caused much outrage from an ageing maths teacher.

hmmmm' date='well what would it be classed as if the band were wearing their own t-shirts? :gringo:[/quote']

Phil Collins and Tony Banks used to wear Genesis t-shirts and they looked cool!

Robbie Williams was seen wearing a Genesis t-shirt out once too, and it made it into the News of the World or something :nono: And it was a tshirt of one of their not so good albums.

Sold! At least that one has a good slogan at on it' date=' one, indeed, that caused much outrage from an ageing maths teacher.[/quote']

I'll give you a free cd I picked up at uni yesterday in exchange, features the Fannies, Eska, Macrocosmica, unreleased Arab Strap, Mogwai, James Orr Complex amongst others...

I'll give you a free cd I picked up at uni yesterday in exchange' date=' features the Fannies, Eska, Macrocosmica, unreleased Arab Strap, Mogwai, James Orr Complex amongst others...[/quote']

I saw that being flogged. Why don't you want it? I wonder if I could scratch it in such a place that it wouldn't play Mogwai and macrocosmica

Phil Collins and Tony Banks used to wear Genesis t-shirts and they looked cool!

Robbie Williams was seen wearing a Genesis t-shirt out once too' date=' and it made it into the News of the World or something :nono: And it was a tshirt of one of their not so good albums.[/quote']

haha,tut tut,that robbie williams lad will never learn.I never notice what t-shirt im wearin untill someone points it out,iv got so many i just pull one out and stick it on. :gringo:

I've got too many band t-shirts......really miss my Zeppelin Earl's Court one I bought in 75 though!!! I still wear ones from 15 years ago' date=' although squeezing into them is getting harder with every year! (Still have an OZ one I got c 1971!!!!).

A mate of mine once swapped his Kiss t-shirt for whatever Kim Gordon was wearing at a Sonic Youth gig in Glasgow (at her request!!!!). Wish I could've buried my face in it for a sniff or two of her oxter sweat!!!!! :rockon:[/quote']

Please refer to other thread about being too old!!!

I saw that one the windows of Luthuli House. What's the reason for it?

It's to do with promoting awareness of mental health, all the bands are associated with the charity involved I think. However I think they are shooting themselves in the foot with "How to Be Dead" by Snow Patrol...

I don't see the problem in wearing band tshirts - if you like them' date=' why not display it? I don't care if it removes the mystique of not knowing what likes people share with you. I'll have your Mogwai tshirt if it's going Steve....[/quote']

And it can provide an easy conversation-starter if you're not at your best/worst chat up line standards.

My most recent regret is not speaking to a girl in the Moorings in a Mr.Scruff t-shirt - Mr.Scruff! Excellent taste madame!

cool?

Whilst I agree that wearing a band T shirt to their gig is uncool, I still do it to show support for out of town bands like Sluts of Trust who are well worth advertising - yeah their CD is a bit shit here and there but they are a magnificent live spectacle - see them in Drummonds tonight and be amazed at how fast the drummer plays 16s .