aberdeen-music

Street team?

Chewbacca

Of course, that would be absolutely awesome. We've got a few really loyal friends who tend to get out and about and flyer etc but a proper street team would be the bomb. We could also do with a few web-heads who post on different metal forums to start spreading the word. We get pretty good coverage on the Iron Maiden trading bb and on the Blaze forum but nowhere else.

What does everyone else think? Is this a viable idea?

Of course' date=' that would be absolutely awesome. We've got a few really loyal friends who tend to get out and about and flyer etc but a proper street team would be the bomb. We could also do with a few web-heads who post on different metal forums to start spreading the word. We get pretty good coverage on the Iron Maiden trading bb and on the Blaze forum but nowhere else.

What does everyone else think? Is this a viable idea?[/quote']

Count me in deffinently,i will get posting on the net straight away,anything in particular you want me to spread,or should i just say the basic riff raff? :gringo:

posting on metal forums is definately the way to go, we are known on the Dragonforce forum and Power Quest forum and got the website 50 first time visitors in one day...

also the keyboardist from Power Quest gave us a shout out on his forum :D but anyway definately try get posting on forusm like Ultimate Metal and stuff like that....

A street team would be sweet! We really need to get our gig at Moshulu on the 3rd of July well-promoted, it's important that there's a good turnout as it should hopefully be a hell of a night, so maybe we can get some of you involved there.

I have no idea what being in a street team involves though, info would be greatly appreciated, as would any ideas on how to get some good promotion. :) Thanks for the interest dudes.

A street team would be sweet! We really need to get our gig at Moshulu on the 3rd of July well-promoted' date=' it's important that there's a good turnout as it should hopefully be a hell of a night, so maybe we can get some of you involved there.

I have no idea what being in a street team involves though, info would be greatly appreciated, as would any ideas on how to get some good promotion. :) Thanks for the interest dudes.[/quote']

I would be more than delighted man,it basically involves spreading the word,flyers,posters etc. promoting the band.I will be spreding the word about your gig and i WILL get everyone i know to show up,later man :rockon:

• 2 weeks later...

So Street team eh, who would be up for doing a bit of promotion this weekend for our Moshulu gig? General flyering really, during the day saturday probably?

Posts here if you would be up for it, im only looking for about 2-3 people to do it just now, there will be openings in the future, especially over the next couple of weeks.

Also, a web/street-team (that sounds utterly retarded) whos up for it?

Any questions etc, gimmie a shout, either PM on here or email me/msn me on rass_atom@hotmail.com

Cheers! \m/

By the sounds of it, you and me both mate.

incidentally, i am planning on doing stuff this weekend, last weekend kinda went to hell when i realised half the country was at download.. oh and i misplaced my tickets... they're found again tho so it's all good.

By the by, if i can keep off the sauce after work at the weekend, i'll do post moshulu shifts, no worries about that, just looking for help over saturday.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gregor Ascension

do atom play outside aberdeen? maybe then a street team would come in handy. i personaly dont see the point as atom are popular in aberdeen and can play and fill any aberdeen venue. if you played in other cities, maybe, but seeing as you dont (i think?) why bother.

do atom play outside aberdeen? maybe then a street team would come in handy. i personaly dont see the point as atom are popular in aberdeen and can play and fill any aberdeen venue. if you played in other cities' date=' maybe, but seeing as you dont (i think?) why bother.[/quote']

having a street team in places where they havnt played will boost there confidence about that area and may think about playing there. for example if i walk around Ellon with an Atom t-shirt on,people will go "Black Atom aye,who are they?" then i will say "an amazing metal band from Aberdeen who you have to go and see". :gringo:

Gregor's got a point, a street team in/around Aberdeen is kinda pointless as pretty much everyone knows about them and word of mouth would get to those who don't (which is probably very few people), they also seem to fill everywhere they play in and around Aberdeen already. A street team should travel to gigs around the country before they play to drum up support and spark an interest in those who will have never heard of them, not waste time telling fans in Aberdeen about gigs in Aberdeen which they will probably already know about.