aberdeen-music

best place to buy a new mattress

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

well i don't know the first thing about buying a mattress, but can anyone offer some actual advice? i need a double mattrress - hope that helps

my parents just bought me a double mattress for 170 from some place in kittybrewster

makro have them at 99.99 just now for silent night doubles but you have vat on top of that 17.5%

(cant be assed working it out)

hope that kinda helps

are you seriously saying that you can't work out Vat on a price of 99.99 ?? I'll give you a hint:

99.99 ~ 100.00' date=' percentages are so called due to their fraction of 100, hence per[b']cent. Therefore, 17.5% of 100 is 17.5. Add your 17.5 to 100, and voila - you have 117.5

Now I know, it is actually 99.99, this yields a figure of 117.49 inc vat, but I think you can wave the 1p difference....

Maths lesson over, oh and for future reference, here's the Big Plus Website:

http://www.learndirectscotland.com/news/9416.htm

are you seriously saying that you can't work out Vat on a price of 99.99 ?? I'll give you a hint:

99.99 ~ 100.00' date=' percentages are so called due to their fraction of 100, hence per[b']cent. Therefore, 17.5% of 100 is 17.5. Add your 17.5 to 100, and voila - you have 117.5

Now I know, it is actually 99.99, this yields a figure of 117.49 inc vat, but I think you can wave the 1p difference....

Maths lesson over, oh and for future reference, here's the Big Plus Website:

http://www.learndirectscotland.com/news/9416.htm

Doc mate...speaking as someone who has been reading various thread from for just the last ten minutes I would not be surprised if you were indeed crusing...for a bruising.