aberdeen-music

For Irn Bru Lovers

lil_kazzy

I met Mrs Barr when i was 6. She stayed in an old folks home that my grandparents ran. She was nice lady and she gave me 5' date=' quite a lot for those days lol[/quote']

Wow, so cool. One of my parents friends works in the irn bru factory making glass bottles of the stuff. Every time my rents see him he gives them a bottle for me. Straight from the factory - so good.

Hehe, my mum's still waiting for me to put the bottles I saved back to the newsagent, I keep forgetting about it, and it's been 2 years since I bought and finished them...

I have bru right beside me. Christ I'm addicted to the stuff.

So. Good...

cant beat a cup of tea' date=' not that I should be drinking it as my dentist says I should stay away from sugar and go on to sweetners. Why is it people with the good-looking teeth that get all the dental advice while people with visibly bad teeth get fuck all said to them?[/quote']

Sweeteners are bad. When I was about 10 I went nearly completely blind in the space of a week due to the build up of sweeteners in my system over years (kinda like cholesterol builds up). It took a good three weeks to have my sight restored to normal, and even then, because it was quite an unusual condition they had given me an adult dose of steroids by mistake, so my immune system was shot for about a year.

My advice to you is:

avoid sugary things: drink water rather that sugary drinks and eat fruit or veg rather than sweets

and brush your teeth more often.

Tis an all-round better policy for your whole body.

Sweeteners are bad. When I was about 10 I went nearly completely blind in the space of a week due to the build up of sweeteners in my system over years (kinda like cholesterol builds up). It took a good three weeks to have my sight restored to normal' date=' and even then, because it was quite an unusual condition they had given me an adult dose of steroids by mistake, so my immune system was shot for about a year.

My advice to you is:

avoid sugary things: drink water rather that sugary drinks and eat fruit or veg rather than sweets

and brush your teeth more often.

Tis an all-round better policy for your whole body.[/quote']

I regularly drink water anyway so I'm sorted there. Looks like I have to try sugarless tea....Fuck! Seems strangely ironic that you're advising me not to drink sugary drinks in a thread for Irn-Bru lovers...which you started.

Heh. I brush my teeth pretty regularly, and they don't seem to be that susceptible to problems anyway.

I think, that if people have problems with sugar, for either their teeth or diabetes type things, then it's much better to opt for the water option than to go for sweeteners, simply due to the known health problems associated with sweeteners.

http://cis.nci.nih.gov/fact/3_19.htm - a site with a bit about sweeteners. However, probably just another 'health scare' as problems associated with sweeteners are pretty uncommon. There's actually quite a bit of stuff on the internet about them though.

Heh. I brush my teeth pretty regularly' date=' and they don't seem to be that susceptible to problems anyway.

I think, that if people have problems with sugar, for either their teeth or diabetes type things, then it's much better to opt for the water option than to go for sweeteners, simply due to the known health problems associated with sweeteners.

[url']http://cis.nci.nih.gov/fact/3_19.htm - a site with a bit about sweeteners. However, probably just another 'health scare' as problems associated with sweeteners are pretty uncommon. There's actually quite a bit of stuff on the internet about them though.

I'm probably getting to wound up about the whole thing anyway. People in the health departments tend to exaggerate with the best intentions but can end up making the patient paranoid.