aberdeen-music

ECW is back!

kirkt

Theres gonna be a one off PPV this year and it looks ace...all the usuals in WWE will be there: Cactus Jack, Dudley Boyz, Chris Benoit, Rhyno, Tazz, Rob Van Damm....apparently Super Crazy and Psicosis are currently employed by WWE and will be appearing too. It's likely that Sabu, Balls Mahoney and Justin Credble amongst others will return for the event too. Don't expect to see Shane Douglas, Raven or Jerry Lynn though. Still, should be great.

yeah he was released but he's still going to appear. Lance Storm is still emloyed by WWE? They're not doing a very good job with him are they? He'd make a great U.S Champion....I'd say when WCW was on its last legs, Lance Storm was one of the few wrestlers along with Chavo Guerro Jr, Shane Helms and Booker T that was keeping it interesting.

Ha i used to love WCW. Rey Msterio jnr was ace.......is Goldberg still about? I think the last time i watched was when he lost his mega ace unbeaten record...lol' date=' those were the days[/quote']

apparantly goldberg is considering joining tna which would be great as tna is just turning into wcw all over which was great apart from they will be even better as they have aj styles who is a legend.....does anyone know where i can get his intro music from? and also when does this ecw event take place? i remember watching ecw one night and it was a massive brawl taking place outside the ring and kid kash ran from one end of the ring to the other and jumped over the ropes and landed on them all and they all fell over.......ah soooo sooo soooooooooo good!!!!

p.s. nwo

As much as ECW kicks ass, I am scared for this PPV. If the WWE back office left it alone, and handed control over to the ECW guys, it could be fantastic. Problem is, Paul E. dared to question the head writer *cough*Stephanie McMahon*cough* over the 6 YEAR Triple H mega-push. And now, well, Mr Heyman is not exactly employee of the month over in Stamford...

And WWE only knows ONE type of wrestling- Vince's type.

And I don't care what anyone says, the WWE (although I am still a fan) has gone down hill since the end of the Attitude Era. Because now that there is no competition- sorry but TNA is not gonna come close any time soon- vince has become complacent, and no longer listens to the fans :down:

And as for the confirmed wrestlers, where is Shane Douglas (the first Extreme Championship Wrestling champion), Sabu, Mikey Whipwreck, The Sandman, Justin Credible and the ever popular- if only slighlty annoying with his damn whistle- Bill Alfonso. And will Joey Styles be brought in as the commentator?

Done right, this could PHENOMENAL, but I am not gonna hold my breath.

If anything, the "Hardcore Homecoming" event, which is actually being held at the ECW Arena, looks the better option

As much as ECW kicks ass' date=' I am scared for this PPV. If the WWE back office left it alone, and handed control over to the ECW guys, it could be fantastic. Problem is, Paul E. dared to question the head writer *cough*Stephanie McMahon*cough* over the 6 YEAR Triple H mega-push. And now, well, Mr Heyman is not exactly employee of the month over in Stamford...

And WWE only knows ONE type of wrestling- Vince's type.

And I don't care what anyone says, the WWE (although I am still a fan) has gone down hill since the end of the Attitude Era. Because now that there is no competition- sorry but TNA is not gonna come close any time soon- vince has become complacent, and no longer listens to the fans :down:

And as for the confirmed wrestlers, where is Shane Douglas (the first Extreme Championship Wrestling champion), Sabu, Mikey Whipwreck, The Sandman, Justin Credible and the ever popular- if only slighlty annoying with his damn whistle- Bill Alfonso. And will Joey Styles be brought in as the commentator?

Done right, this could PHENOMENAL, but I am not gonna hold my breath.

If anything, the "Hardcore Homecoming" event, which is actually being held at the ECW Arena, looks the better option[/quote']

Shane Douglas was great but he'll never come back. When Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Saturn and Guerro moved to WWF, Douglas refused because he said he didnt trust Vince. He had bad experiences when he was in WWF before as Dean Douglas and so as this is a Vince owned ECW event, there will be no Douglas. I hope Joey Styles is commentating.

Shane Douglas was great but he'll never come back. When Chris Benoit' date=' Dean Malenko, Saturn and Guerro moved to WWF, Douglas refused because he said he didnt trust Vince. He had bad experiences when he was in WWF before as Dean Douglas and so as this is a Vince owned ECW event, there will be no Douglas. I hope Joey Styles is commentating.[/quote']

That was the kind of point I was trying to make- that Vince (beacuse of his past record of how he treats his employee's) won't be able to do a true ECW style show. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

And I bet Perry Saturn wishes he'd followed Douglas' lead and not moved either!!

this is from wrestlezone.com

"Below is the updated list of talent scheduled for the ECW One Night Stand PPV on 6/12 in New York City at the Hammerstein Ballroom:

Talent Under WWE Contract Available for PPV:

Chris Benoit

Simon Dean (aka Nova in ECW)

Tommy Dreamer

Spike Dudley

The Dudley Boyz

Eddie Guerrero

Paul Heyman

Chris Jericho

Lita (aka Miss Congeniality in ECW)

Dean Malenko

Dawn Marie

Joey Matthews

Rey Mysterio

Rhyno (still under 90 day no compete at time of PPV)

Nunzio (aka Little Guido in ECW)

Psicosis

Steven Richards

Al Snow

Lance Storm

Johnny Swinger

Yoshihiro Tajiri

Tazz

Rob Van Dam

Chilly Willy (released but available for show)

Of course, there's also Mick Foley and Steve Austin, although neither are currently signed to WWE wrestler deals.

Outside Talent Contacted & Announced and/or Expected to Appear:

Axl Rotten

Balls Mahoney

Big Guido

Bill Alfonso

CW Anderson

Jason

JT Smith

Justin Credible

Masato Tanaka

Referee John Finnegan

Referee Mike Kehner