aberdeen-music

Wildhearts Split - Again - Again - Again - Again!

Ross

Guest stuartmaxwell

ha ha ha

i suppose it was always on the cards again anyway

that lemon tree show recently (ish) was ace

i have miossed them so much recently due to lots of things :(

I'm sad to say this doesn't really surprise me. Just imagine waht could've been. Again. "Must be Destroyed" did have a few songs which were substandard, but at least they were beginning to get a big of recognition. Both here and in the States. I think they were on borrowed time after Danny left the "original for the second time" lineup.

At the end of the day they will always be a bunch of underachievers, which hurts as they wrote / write? amazing songs and have released two of my favourite albums (Earth Vs and PHUQ)

SilverGinger 5 are incredibly good, but they're no Wildhearts.

And Ginger writing songs and playing with a comedy, clapped out bunch of glam rockers makes me sick. he's SOOOOOOOOOO much better than that. I know he's in a bad place right now with all that's happened to him, but geez, there's low and there's low.

Listen to Earth Vs and be reminded of the amazing tunes they wrote while rocking as hard as anyone.

And wait for the reunion tour in six months...........................

Guest tv tanned
And Ginger writing songs and playing with a comedy' date=' clapped out bunch of glam rockers makes me sick. he's SOOOOOOOOOO much better than that. I know he's in a bad place right now with all that's happened to him, but geez, there's low and there's low.[/quote']

You perhaps missed it but he left the BOD situation fairly quickly and has done a couple of gigs with Ricky Warwick.

I've heard WH split tales which turned out to be bollocks before, and there's so far nothing up on the official site.

I live in hope, but I've been there before too many times.

Gonna listen to Endless Nameless tonight, by far one of the best albums by any UK band in the 90s...

You perhaps missed it but he left the BOD situation fairly quickly and has done a couple of gigs with Ricky Warwick.

Gonna listen to Endless Nameless tonight' date=' by far one of the best albums by any UK band in the 90s...[/quote']

That makes me feel a bit better! You have to admit that was a joke. The photo that someone posted on this site made me sick.

Endless Nameless is certainly a corker, and as you know has one of my fave singles ever (Anthem) and one of the best experiments in noise ever (Thunderfuck.) It gets my nod as most underrated album of the 90's. PHUQ just wins it for me - maybe it was the age we were when it first came out and the fact it is heavy as fuck but glossy and covered in sheen, but it's made the most lasting impression on me. Fuck sake, we used to be obsessed by that band, didn't we! I'm gonna "rediscover" Fishing For Luckies tonight as well, I think. That's a corker too.

Guest tv tanned
Fuck sake' date=' we used to be obsessed by that band, didn't we![/quote']

We certainly did mate, I still am!

Mainly as a result of being too fucking skint to discover new music regularly, but also due to the fact I have yet to find anything to rival Ginger's songwriting abilities and the 'Hearts' overall catchiness.

Fuck the Mrs had never heard of them before she met me, now she loves 'em too!!!

this came from a "fairly" reliable source

If by that you mean their booking agent, I wouldn't be 100% sure, having dealt with the business side of their "organisation" (HA!) a few times, things change on an hourly basis. Mind you, with The Wildhearts you can never be 100% sure about anything!

We certainly did mate' date=' I still am!

Mainly as a result of being too fucking skint to discover new music regularly, but also due to the fact I have yet to find anything to rival Ginger's songwriting abilities and the 'Hearts' overall catchiness.

Fuck the Mrs had never heard of them before she met me, now she loves 'em too!!![/quote']

I know the feeling of skint back in the day i walked into my local record shop in Elgin and purchased 3 copies of Mondo-Akimbo-A-Go-Go for 10p yes 10p each :rockon:

If i'd been 2 days earlier i would have picked up the limited white vinyl for the same price ;(

Anybody else here remember seeing them support The Almighty at the Music Hall in 1993 :rockon:

Correction' date=' lucifer! I had heard OF them, just not heard them. I knew what Ginger looked like based on the poster Ross had on the back of his living room door.[/quote']

NOTE:

The same poster that Chris has.

Still got it.

Perfect nick. May be a Deftones poster on the back. Anyone want it then let me know.

Also getting rid of a few "Classic" posters

Guest tv tanned

there has been no word of this 'split' on the Wildhearts Mailing List, and usually something would filter through in less than 24 hours.

I therefore label this rumour 'bollocks'.