aberdeen-music

Why do you like your fave genre of music?

Hog

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The plot thickens...............

Haha, I just repainted my wall a coffee brown.

I like 70's Punk/Glam Punk/Rock and Roll/Pop/Swing/Jazz.

I think The Ramones, The Clash, The New York Dolls, Aerosmith, The Concretes, The Manic Street Preachers, Goldfrapp, Kylie Minogue, Public Enemy, Rilo Kiley and The Kings of Leon are good

I think Elvis and Sinatra are holy in the world of music.

I like anything that makes me want to dance, back-comb my hair or spit at boring people.

I think music described as 'Heavy yet Melodic' and 'Post-Hardcore' is shit and deem it to be unlistenable and vile music, created with the sole-purpose of getting blowjobs from teen groupies and further up the scene ladder. I am fully aware this is a sweeping generalisation.

Guest AmbientMood
avantgarde

i dont think its actulay a genre

Quite often associated with 20th century composers like John Cage.

I knew a great website, but it's name escapes..

I started this thread but didnt actually say what i like

I like Metal (but not in its usual sense), I love OTT production and millions of layers, Devin Townsend, Strapping Young Lad, Type O Negative etc.

I also like ambient stuff for chilling out, dark ambient too.

I love Ulver, each album sounds different although I suppose to descibe them would be rock, ambient, jazz, city, late night city music, jeez I dont know. I think they are very underrated.

Classical is ace! Although some of it is shit. I dig modern stuff like Elend, Philip Glass, Carter Burwell

I like acoustic music, just for a change, Jo McCaffaffafferty, Emma Forman, also folk stuff like The Kitchen Cynics.

Also like Noise stuff, Fear of God etc. And really slow stuff, like Corrupted, yummy

Acoustic stuff is cool.

Guest AmbientMood

I love Ulver' date=' each album sounds different although I suppose to descibe them would be rock, ambient, jazz, city, late night city music, jeez I dont know. I think they are very underrated.

[/quote']

Late night,city,jazzrock ambience - sounds like my thing. :gringo:

All I'll say is that Thrice are my favourite band, and in accordance with the theme of this thread, I'll explain why.

The structures are interesting, the guitar parts are a mix of pretty much everything good, Dustin Kensrue is a brilliant siger/screamer and lyricist and the drumming is amazing.

The lyrics are very different to your standard emo "I've lost my girl" type pish.

Overall, in my opinion, everything they do is intelligent, original and catchy.

Go listen to "Under a Killing Moon" or "Paper Tigers" and tell me they are emo.

All I'll say is that Thrice are my favourite band' date=' and in accordance with the theme of this thread, I'll explain why.

The structures are interesting, the guitar parts are a mix of pretty much everything good, Dustin Kensrue is a brilliant siger/screamer and lyricist and the drumming is amazing.

The lyrics are very different to your standard emo "I've lost my girl" type pish.

Overall, in my opinion, everything they do is intelligent, original and catchy.

Go listen to "Under a Killing Moon" or "Paper Tigers" and tell me they are emo.[/quote']

Just downloaded Paper Tigers, its emo. It should be called "Tigers made of paper should be burned on the stake like Joan of Arc and fucking bludgeoned by a baseball bat covered with barbed wire"

Just kidding :up:

xIxlikexemoxbecausexIxcan'txgetxlaidxandxhavexaxstupidxhaircutxandxaxfinexcollectionxofxthricextxshirtsxxxx...XXXXXforlyfe!!xxxx

I actually tend to associate smelly, ugly, spotty, greasy-haired, power-metal-t-shirt-wearing losers as the type who don't get laid. :up:

And if they do it's with a fucking minger.

Guest Scorge Spike
I actually tend to associate smelly' date=' ugly, spotty, greasy-haired, power-metal-t-shirt-wearing losers as the type who don't get laid. :up:[/quote']

Suffering from sexual frustration are you? :D