aberdeen-music

Why do you like your fave genre of music?

Hog

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess "grunge" considering ALL of the bands I seem to listen to at the moment have something to do with Seattle. Mind you that doesn't mean that there is a particular sound that they share which is appealing just happens that a lot of good music came from there.

Whats your favourite genre of music and why do you feel you enjoy it so much? :cheers:

I dont think there is a specific genre of music that I really like, but I think the things that draw me to songs are the lyrics and melody. Some of ther lyrics i like come from commercial songs like Dido's White Flag, others come from stuff like Fish's Plague of Ghosts, or from Queen to the Barenaked Ladies, at the moment from having Enjoyed Midge's acoustic set last night I've been listtening to stuff like Cold Cold Heart, Breathe and Dancing with Tears in my eyes.

At the moment the band I have been listening to the most is probably Transvision Vamp tho.

Cheers

Stuart

I dont think there is a specific genre of music that I really like' date=' but I think the things that draw me to songs are the lyrics and melody. Some of ther lyrics i like come from commercial songs like Dido's White Flag, others come from stuff like Fish's Plague of Ghosts, or from Queen to the Barenaked Ladies, at the moment from having Enjoyed Midge's acoustic set last night I've been listtening to stuff like Cold Cold Heart, Breathe and Dancing with Tears in my eyes.

At the moment the band I have been listening to the most is probably Transvision Vamp tho.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

I believe I can arrange an appointment with the 21st century for you, as it seems like an emergency case. :gringo:

Guest AmbientMood

I listen to a lot of funk, a lot of jazz, a lot of zappa, a lot of Norah fucking Jones and Squarepusher. Music is sounds and genres are silly.

I think genres are for the kind of people who define music by its physical appearance or it's social message rather than by the actual quality of the sound.

Guest AmbientMood

People who take their fave bands or genres too seriously (because that's what they are doing) ultimately end up separating themselves from the rest of society, which defeats the point in being an individual.

I tend to worship at the twin alters of Rawk N Roll (a la The Supersuckers, Wildhearts and Backyard Babies) and Hardcore/metal (Give Up The Ghost, Hope Conspiracy) - but both share the common theme of being fast, noisy and fucking life afirming - if it doesn't make you wanna run in circles, scream at the top of your lungs and grab the world by the throat, what's the point?

That said, I like to chill sometimes, bit of daisy-age style hip hop, little hard edged dance.....

I listen to a lot of funk' date=' a lot of jazz, a lot of zappa, a lot of Norah fucking Jones and Squarepusher. Music is sounds and genres are silly.

I think genres are for the kind of people who define music by its physical appearance or it's social message rather than by the actual quality of the sound.[/quote']

never heard square pusher but wanted to check them out.

Guest AmbientMood
They are also fashionable' date=' which always has a large bearing on my decisions.[/quote']

You could've just said:

I'm a complete fucking retard

Guest AmbientMood
I'm pretty sure he was taking the piss' date=' ya moron......[/quote']

I decided against giving him the benefit of the doubt..

But, as you request:

I'm a complete fucking moron.

Guest stuartmaxwell

MD are fucking ace

i look forward tp them headlining GONORTH this year or next year

i wanted to be their guitar tech, doubt ill get the gig though, me and calum have had a few discussions on here

shame. i think we could dominate the world together

I like prog (Genesis/Yes/Crimson etc style, none o'this over experimental coswallop) because it basks in its own pretentious glorious beautiful world of exuberance and Hammond organs. It also allows me to use the phrase 'weirdy beardy' a lot.

I like psych because it's nice to have some shorter happier beatnik stuff to fall back on when I'm tired of that bleedin' prog.