aberdeen-music

Quick lesson for you all...

Guest Cowboy Dan

to be fair' date=' it pisses me off quite a bit when people make mistakes like that though. but then, that just comes from being an english student and having such things drilled into my head. i guess it's not so important on a message board, it wouldn't bother me so much to make a thread about it, but still, nice to know i'm not the only one to notice such things.[/quote']

It either can't piss you off too much, or you are a bad english student...

You didnt use one capitol letter at the start of any sentence or use it in the word 'I'....

:D

"Your"

1. Used as a modifier before a noun: your boots; your accomplishments.

2. A person's; one's: The light switch is on your right.

3. Informal. Used with little or no sense of possession to indicate a type familiar to the listener: your basic three-story frame house.

"You're"

Contraction of you are.

I learnt this in primary school' date=' how come there are still fully grown men on this board who make this error constantly?[/quote']

"Cunt" n. (kunt)

1. Cowboy Dan

Guest AmbientMood

I really think this is beneficial to those of you who don't know the difference. I personally can't take seriously a person on these boards who has bad grammar, so if you want to move onwards and upwards, take heed!

For example:

Fuck off you smarmy know it all poof assed mother fucker. Get a grip and stop being such a child. Who gives a flying fuck if someone makes an error in their grammar or spelling. Stop being such a prick and get a life.

I mean' date=' that is a bad execution of your intended purpose. Here I have enclosed a much more effective version.

[b']Be away, you smarmy, egotistic nonsense-fiend. Get a hold of yourself dear boy, and cease to act in such an infantile manner. This issue does not bear significant enough relevance to be discussed. I believe you should refrain from being a poof assed mother fucker. Be a gentleman and fetch my wellington

I believe everything in italics has no point to the purpose.

Practice what you preach...I learnt THAT in primary school.

(not birdman)

Yeah i know, i guess 'Cowboy Dan' just winds me up 'cause he has a tendency to believe he is above everyone on here. Bad grammar shouldn't be an issue on here, its a forum. Who cares if people make spelling mistakes, really, it's just childish. Final say on matter, on my part at least.

How wrong does it sound though?!

You bunch of fucking swine.....just sounds like it doesnt make any sense!

i'd prefer to say' date=' "You're all swine".

it's almost like a collective noun. i don't think it is officially though. i read that it's officially "a litter" of pigs. i just found a great page full of collective nouns, it's fascinating so it is.

[url']http://users.tinyonline.co.uk/gswithenbank/collnoun.htm

though i'd like to add my own ideally,

"a legion of shitehawks"

it's almost like a collective noun. i don't think it is officially though. i read that it's officially "a litter" of pigs. i just found a great page full of collective nouns, it's fascinating so it is.

"a legion of shitehawks"

That's rad! :rockon: I'm gonna make it my mission to learn everything on that page.

By the way, apparently it's a drove of swine, for general use,

a doylt of swine, if they're tame,

or a sounder of swine if they are wild and there are over 12 of them.

So in an insult I suppose you'd be talking about wild swine, but doylt definitely sounds the best :D

Guest Jake Wifebeater

"a legion of shitehawks"

That page is fantastic! I particularly enjoyed "a grind of blackfish", given the noisy nature of some Blackfish Records releases.

I do think spelling and grammar are very important - but on a messageboard it's forgiveable. Dan do you have a mobile phone? I bet you don't apply your "look at me, I passed a spelling test in 1976" cretinisms to the humble world of SMS.

Guest Cowboy Dan
I do think spelling and grammar are very important - but on a messageboard it's forgiveable. Dan do you have a mobile phone? I bet you don't apply your "look at me' date=' I passed a spelling test in 1976" cretinisms to the humble world of SMS.[/quote']

I most certainly do.

Guest tv tanned
I most certainly do.

So you, like me, probably spend more on texts than one of the 'lol ur so kwl' brigade?

I think I would hang myself if I started sending those sorts of texts...