aberdeen-music

Where should I go to University?

Guest AmbientMood

ignore maxi, he's talking pish.

glasgow is an awesome city, but if you're gonna move away, don't just do it because other people tell you how wonderful glasgow is, do it because you want to discover how wonderful glasgow is for yourself.

i've definitely definitely definitely (more than i am able to stress) benefited from moving to glasgow. in so so many ways it has made me a better person.

it's definitely an experience, so if there's nothing tieing you down.....go for it!

I'd leave.....I really think it helps you mature as a person if you move to a different city and get new life experiences.

Plus, Glasgow is a great city, lots of fantastic pubs, there are loads of great gigs and its much sunnier!!!! In fact, Glasgow is really much cooler.....

On the point, Aberdeen Uni is great, I loved my 5 (doh) years there, as long as you're doing something you can get into, you'll love it.

On the other hand I now want to leave Aberdeen so much right now, it will always be the single most important formative influence on my life (and my teams will only ever be Aberdeen & Scotland), but I've always lived here and it really is time for me to get the fuck out of the place. As for Glasgow, it depends on what you want from a city. Many more gigs/clubs/galleries/add category of your choice to go to, less claustrophobic incestuous social circuit, general socio-cultural liberalism and vitality v/s more grimy, closer to a much larger degree of deprivation, sectarianism, everybody thinks they are a comedian.

Aberdeen is that bit more conservative, but great in its own way, it all depends on how itchy you are for a change, good times will be had in both places.

Guest AmbientMood

Wow, excellent posts people. Having read through them all, I think this one sums up the descision I came to today.

move move move move move

*sniff* g'bye Aberdeen..

It's Aberdeen or Glasgow. Lived here my whole life' date=' know heaps of people blah blah blah, or take the 'big step' to the new city etc??[/quote']

When I saw the title to this thread I went to click on it and write 'Anywhere but Aberdeen or Glasgow'...

Do NOT stay in a place where you know everyone, it ruins half of the 'university experience'... uni is about more than a piece of paper, its about getting out into the bigger world and fending for yourself ina a variety of ways, but I also strongly recommend against Glasgow. I've spent time in several dozen countrys and atleast a dozen UK cities and out of everywhere I can name, Glasgow comes at the very very bottom.

Guest AmbientMood
actually from people i know' date=' moving away and staying in halls is the best way from not maturing.[/quote']

Maybe the phrase 'growing-up' is more fitting than 'mature.'