aberdeen-music

Emo/metalcore bands that should just die

kirkt

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that dvd is pretty awesome. aint keen on the black maria they are boring as fuck. silverstein are amazing, rmember kef, yeah they were ace, cool guys too, wheres the busted likeness coming from?? hawthorne heights are also really good and i love atreyu, oh shit seeing them in like two weeks. my chemical romance first album seriously was awesome but i aint so keen on the new stuff,

converge and beecher videos are awesome too like

and deicide are magic, as are motley crue, and so are SMP and ATG

dvd is real good buy it, also get to see a well hot girl with big tits in some addiction krew band thing. turn the volume down though maybe, to avoid people hearing you listening to it from the next room

• 2 weeks later...

On yer recommendation Ross, the Fall of Troy CD dropped through my door today. Only on first listen, but its pretty good - I think Blood Brothers is a lazy comparison - theres more Braid and SpyVsSpy in their sound, with the latter day noise/screamo stuff thrown on top. Good album.....

ps Also Rise Against "Siren Songs" for 3.99! Bargain!

Is that the new album with 'Laces Out, Dan' and 'Tom Waits' on it? Or is it an older record? I don't think the new one with those 2 fucking ace tracks is out for a bit yet, they're miles better than the older stuff I've got. They do have similarities to the Blood Brothers, but a lot more different elements to their sound too, it's just that Sam is a cockmuncher.

As for this whole emo/metalcore/blah blah bullshit, it's funny, especially coming from the guy who was in The No Pints, now in The Planeteers (Nice uniform lads...) and I believe is in Spike Pile of shite. Like what you like...

Is that the new album with 'Laces Out' date=' Dan' and 'Tom Waits' on it? Or is it an older record? I don't think the new one with those 2 fucking ace tracks is out for a bit yet, they're miles better than the older stuff I've got. They do have similarities to the Blood Brothers, but a lot more different elements to their sound too, it's just that Sam is a cockmuncher.

As for this whole emo/metalcore/blah blah bullshit, it's funny, especially coming from the guy who was in The No Pints, now in The Planeteers (Nice uniform lads...) and I believe is in Spike Pile of shite. Like what you like...[/quote']

Yes they are nice uniforms. thank you.

Is that the new album with 'Laces Out' date=' Dan' and 'Tom Waits' on it? Or is it an older record? I don't think the new one with those 2 fucking ace tracks is out for a bit yet, they're miles better than the older stuff I've got. They do have similarities to the Blood Brothers, but a lot more different elements to their sound too, it's just that Sam is a cockmuncher.

As for this whole emo/metalcore/blah blah bullshit, it's funny, especially coming from the guy who was in The No Pints, now in The Planeteers (Nice uniform lads...) and I believe is in Spike Pile of shite. Like what you like...[/quote']

Come see us on Saturday Jamesy :cheers:

Anyone got this months metal hammer? I bought it for the DVD which has some decent stuff on like Anthrax' date=' Send More Paramedics, Converge, Beecher, At the Gates...worth getting for that. However the following bands is some of the most worst excuse for music I've heard in quite a while:

The Black Maria

Silverstein (these looked just like Busted...i think it was this band. i remember i hated these anyway)

Hawthorne Heights (this one made me feel sick with lyrics like "so cut my wrists and black my eyes"...i hope someone does cut his wrists and do us all a favour

and Atreyu, My Chemical Romance and Trivium were all pretty shit too. And so it doesn't look I'm aiming at emo...how can anyone listen to Deicide seriously? It's total fuckin wank!

Anyway it's still worth getting cos you do get 31 videos. Or steal it.[/quote']

Fairy Nuff if thats how you feel but not everyone wants to listen to the same stuff so they have to cater for all their readers tastes.

PLUS - Black Maria, Mcr, Hawthorne Heights, Atreyu and ESPECIALLY Trivium are all (in my opinion)Fucking rad bands!!! Love Love Love them all :p

Im not very sure what the big deal is with these kind of bands..what is so bad that everyone feels the need to call them the "worst they've ever heard" etc....?

Also, MCR are actually an insanely great live band and i was thouroughly pleased with the barrowlands gig last week.....great atmosphere and even greater performance...worth every second.

SO heres a little something for you

2005_0409Image0032.jpg

:love:

Also' date=' MCR are actually an insanely great live band and i was thouroughly pleased with the barrowlands gig last week.....great atmosphere and even greater performance...worth every second.

[/quote']

They're rubbish. Rubbish on record, rubbish live. Fucking awful band.

i don't get why people like black maria and hawthorne heights. yeah okay they can play their instruments but they're so fucking dull' date=' there are better bands out there. check out Small Brown Bike per example.[/quote']

Great band, but a step and a mile away from Metalcore.

Besides, they've split, meaning there's only their backcatalogue to listen to and I can't find any bands in a similar vein that I truly like.

As for Metalcore, it's just the new emo... nobody knows what it is, but they know they don't like it.