aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

• 2 weeks later...

Jesu - Ascension

It's taken me a few listens, but fucking hell it's good. It's been taking a bit of a battering from press, blogs, and some fans; but surely all Jesu fans by now realise that his music is pretty one-dimensional, which seems to be the main complaint. One dimensional - sure; but fucking great - yes.

Slipknot - IOWA 10th Anniversary Edition

Your Demise - The Kids We Used To Be

Brand New - Your Favourite Weapon (from an amazon seller, not amazon this time)

Brand New - Daisy

At The Drive In - can't remember the name, too lazy for wikipedia, the orangey covered one.

Fightstar - We Liked You Better When You Were Dead

The Qemists - Take It Back ft. Enter Shikari Promo

Enter Shikari - Kicking Back On The Surface Of Your Teeth Promo (I bought it from this guy's brother last year and never received it so he's sending it up for free :up:)

Guest deprofundis

Cynic - "Carbon based anatomy" (Awesome!)

Caspian - "The four trees" (Good)

Death - "Individual thought patterns" - remixed (Fucking ultimate classic!)

Mastodon - "The hunter" (...)

City of ships - "Minor world" (Great stuf!)

Jane's Addiction - "The great escape artist" (Average)

Primus - "Green Naugahyde" (Average)

• 2 weeks later...
Jesu - Ascension

It's taken me a few listens, but fucking hell it's good. It's been taking a bit of a battering from press, blogs, and some fans; but surely all Jesu fans by now realise that his music is pretty one-dimensional, which seems to be the main complaint. One dimensional - sure; but fucking great - yes.

Right on. I like everything he's released, yet so many releases get such a bashing and I don't know why. My favourite is actually the one in your avatar. The production is perfect, and the melodies are just lovely, yet quite haunting. It's just so saturated, in the best possible play. Ascension is just fantastic though. Broadrick just writes genuinely great songs. Jesu are thoroughly brilliant. Ideal for listening to with headphones on when it's raining outside. If your skull isn't rumbling, it's not loud enough.

• Upvote 1