aberdeen-music

New Aberdeen Band - We Shall Be Blessed

unbroken

Screw the whole' date=' "it's not my thing" thing...

That is awful, although the guitarist is obviously a good player(but I hate his sound), the drummer plays like a 10 year old and the voice??????

I get the feeling that all you've done is just blatantly copy you're current favourite bands... I know nothing of those sub,sub,sub of sub-genre' but it just sounds like xXx(<<< or whatever thing/name is used to pidgeon hole this stuff) by numbers.[/quote']

wrong thread im afraid pal.... this is a we shall be blessed thread not stayover

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zeenat Aman
wrong thread im afraid pal.... this is a we shall be blessed thread not stayover

Heheheh' date=' nice reply.

I'm beginning to realise that I am no longer 21 and I'm also very out of touch with today's Yoof! Although I am glad of this after listening to whats 'current'.

:)

PS: Where the fuck is the [i']experimental and jazz in this band???

Guest Zeenat Aman
its alright guys' date=' i wouldn't take any notice of philip anyways

considering that he likes bollywood, folk and... oh yeah pyjama party

poof[/quote']

index.jpg

it's not the kind of thing i'd be rushing out to buy but i enjoyed listening to it. the sound quality is pretty dire as i'd have expected from streamed music but i'd imagine it sounding pretty good live and on a decent recording. again, the screaming isn't to my taste and i'd struggle to listen to a whole album or a whole gig of that but the overall sound has got a lot of power behind it. the bass playing is solid as is the guitar work. i'd bring the snare down in the mix a bit too, but all in all, i enjoyed the listen.

spoons

/x

it's not the kind of thing i'd be rushing out to buy but i enjoyed listening to it. the sound quality is pretty dire as i'd have expected from streamed music but i'd imagine it sounding pretty good live and on a decent recording. again' date=' the screaming isn't to my taste and i'd struggle to listen to a whole album or a whole gig of that but the overall sound has got a lot of power behind it. the bass playing is solid as is the guitar work. i'd bring the snare down in the mix a bit too, but all in all, i enjoyed the listen.

spoons

/x[/quote']

i didnt think there was any bass in that recording, unless you're refering the the bass on the guitar amp.

i thought, although not my personal type of music, the recording was ace considering how long the band have been together and the fact that it's only their first few songs. people need to quit giving bad comments purely on the basis that they don't like screamy vocals as if you don't like it anyway, how can you give a decent and honest critisism?

as for their drummer... considering his age and experience behind a drum kit i think he has more than the ability to outplay any drummer in aberdeen given time... easily

thanks

Guest Zeenat Aman
i didnt think there was any bass in that recording' date=' unless you're refering the the bass on the guitar amp.

i thought, although not my personal type of music, the recording was ace considering how long the band have been together and the fact that it's only their first few songs. people need to quit giving bad comments purely on the basis that they don't like screamy vocals as if you don't like it anyway, how can you give a decent and honest critisism?

as for their drummer... considering his age and experience behind a drum kit i think he has more than the ability to outplay any drummer in aberdeen given time... easily

thanks[/quote']

Because it's possible to listen to music you may not like with an open mind and then comment on honestly.

For example I dont 'like' MMw, but they are a very good band. I dont 'like' the guitarist from WSBB's sound, but he is, in my opinion a very good player!? The vocals are just comical!?

I listen to folk and bollywood, so that makes me a poof, so you should just ignore anything I say!

:)

Because it's possible to listen to music you may not like with an open mind and then comment on honestly.

For example I dont 'like' MMw' date=' but they are a very good band. I dont 'like' the guitarist from WSBB's sound, but he is, in my opinion a very good player!? The vocals are just comical!?

I listen to folk and bollywood, so that makes me a poof, so you should just ignore anything I say!

:)[/quote']

i get what your saying man, and im not having a go at you, i just think that as constructive critisism goes calling singing a "joke" states that your opinion is bias in the first place. someone who listens to hardcore all day would easily be able to tell his vocal style apart from another voaclist but just branding all vocals under the same banner doesnt help anyone least of all yourself. im not saying dont voice your opinion,

i just believe that theres no higher insult to any band who has worked their ass of to make something they love only to have it knocked down by people who really dont have much to say other than they didnt like it!

thanks

Guest Zeenat Aman
ii just believe that theres no higher insult to any band who has worked their ass of to make something they love only to have it knocked down by people who really dont have much to say other than they didnt like it!

thanks

Good point.

ps: But I think Jakey spike sounds more authentic(best word I can think of just now) and he's kinda similar in vocal aproach dont you agree!?

Guest Zeenat Aman
haha awsome we get riped by someone in femora.

Heh, I wondered what he meant by pyjama party!

Just goes to show how ignorant he really is, I like Stayover!?

Just goes to show how ignorant he really is' date=' I like Stayover!?[/quote']

My point exactly. Though I think it's a bit much having cheap shots at a band who lent you equipment the last time you played with them. Remember that guys? I do, and I'll remember this the next time you need a guitar amp too. Cheeky buggers.

awright... what smelly metal guys?

its not even the usual "not the kind of thing im into" situation with you guys cos i am actually into some kinda similar stuff... its just that you guys do it quite badly

So I can see from your "Listening to" section....

Listening to:

cradle of filth' date=' atreyu, the dillenger escape plan, raging speedhorn, converge, arch enemy, dimmu borgir, from autumn to ashes,bleeding through, johnny truant, throwdown, as i lay dying, death cab for cutie, taking back sunday, the red chord

what a shit post you probably dont even know who i am ... so your just talking shit

:laughing: