aberdeen-music

Bright Eyes - a pleasant surprise

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i thought this dude was going to be the ultimate emo faggot :down:

turns out he is more of a folk musician, and he seems to have a few good songs going by my downloads :rockon::band::rockon:

so if you like stirring folk tracks you might want to check him out - though i still think he's a bit corny :nono:

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i have only heard a few songs. but his voice still grates a bit and i heard a track with this like fake radio interview in it, that was corny - he sounded like he wanted to be kurt cobain or something in that track

both the new albums are great' date=' is anyone going to see them in glasgow next month? I'm a bit dissapointed they're playing the glasgow uni union again, i saw them there a couple of years ago and I didn't think it was that great of venue.[/quote']

this is what confuses me. is bright eyes just one person? [conor oberst] or is it an actual band? :/

Guest Cowboy Dan
i saw a video of that song where it was just mr oberst singing the song on a bench' date=' is this the 'official' video? it was pretty rubbish[/quote']

It's very him if you get what I mean. In the video it sounds likes he's re-recorded the song live to be played over it and the song's mostly out of time with what he's playing on the guitar, but I'm not really sure I'd just fallen asleep and woke up and watched it half asleep.

conor oberst is essentially bright eyes' date=' but other people play on the records, and live.[/quote']

He's now down on record as saying Mike Mogis is his continuous collaborator. So essentially it's those two; although Conor is responsible for the songwriting, Mogis played a huge part in the making of DADU.

The video for Lua is the 'official' video. Saying it's 'crap' defeats the point, it was thrown together on a budget to cater for demand - Conor is officially big business in the States now: I'm Wide Awake debuted at #10 on the Billboard Album Chart with 56,000; Digital Ash #15 with 46,000.

He's now down on record as saying Mike Mogis is his continuous collaborator. So essentially it's those two; although Conor is responsible for the songwriting' date=' Mogis played a huge part in the making of DADU.

The video for Lua is the 'official' video. Saying it's 'crap' defeats the point, it was thrown together on a budget to cater for demand - Conor is officially big business in the States now: I'm Wide Awake debuted at #10 on the Billboard Album Chart with 56,000; Digital Ash #15 with 46,000.[/quote']

yeah and he had songs at no. 1 and 2 on the billboard singles chart a few weeks back.

Guest Cowboy Dan

Converge, 18Visions, Elliott, Underoath, OneLineDrawing, Misery SignalsHopesfall, Terror, From First To Last, Cult Of Luna, Throwdown, He Is Legend, Strung Out, Motley Crue, Norma Jean, Poison The Well, Knut, SkyCameFalling, Isis, Pelican, Old Man Gl....

...Yes...

Converge' date=' 18Visions, Elliott, Underoath, OneLineDrawing, Misery SignalsHopesfall, Terror, From First To Last, Cult Of Luna, Throwdown, He Is Legend, Strung Out, Motley Crue, Norma Jean, Poison The Well, Knut, SkyCameFalling, Isis, Pelican, Old Man Gl....

...Yes...[/quote']

You would've thought Bright Eyes'd fit in there perfectly!

I love Bright Eyes... I don't like how everyone's suddenly jumping on the "I heart Conor Oberst" bandwagon and everyone suddenly doesn't like so much of that shite Mars Volta anymore. Sorry... controversial. And "oh indie music is so cool if I buy it I'll be cool too": I hope that's not the logic behind the recent upsurge of indie music or it is a very sad case indeed. I like what I like... what I like being mainly the Pixies, Radiohead and Bright Eyes. I was never told about these bands and tried hard to find a specific taste in music that I could relate to most of the time. It's personally sickening to see the music that I love as a fador something that people are suddenly open to criticise. My music is very personal and affecting to me and it pisses me off when someone goes "oh they're shit" or "they've got a couple of decent songs" as though the band is insignificant and not really worth the effort. I'll prefer my chances staying off the indie bandwagon right now and like the music I want to like.

I love Bright Eyes... I don't like how everyone's suddenly jumping on the "I heart Conor Oberst" bandwagon and everyone suddenly doesn't like so much of that shite Mars Volta anymore. Sorry... controversial. And "oh indie music is so cool if I buy it I'll be cool too": I hope that's not the logic behind the recent upsurge of indie music or it is a very sad case indeed. I like what I like... what I like being mainly the Pixies' date=' Radiohead and Bright Eyes. I was never told about these bands and tried hard to find a specific taste in music that I could relate to most of the time. It's personally sickening to see the music that I love as a fador something that people are suddenly open to criticise. My music is very personal and affecting to me and it pisses me off when someone goes "oh they're shit" or "they've got a couple of decent songs" as though the band is insignificant and not really worth the effort. I'll prefer my chances staying off the indie bandwagon right now and like the music I want to like.[/quote']

bright eyes have been big for quite a while now, cheer up.