aberdeen-music

New Album?

Len Atom

Joe and I were doing the math and we counted seven tracks for a new recording. Now that we've got a little time off, should we start thinking about getting new material sorted?

Here's the thing though Atomites, would you rather wait for the new material on a future release or have us introduce it gradually into the Atom set?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scorge Spike

I feel that gradual introduction of new songs into a set always works better - mainly because if you make a pig's arse of them, you have plenty of well rehearsed material to fall back on. (Unlike us, of course, who just make a pig's arse of things by habit. :D )

My point? Do things at the pace that suits your gut feeling, though I would hardly call that the advice of an expert :p.

A few songs introduced but not more than half, I like a bit of surprise!

Personally it would be kool if you could re-record Blind & Down...not that the songs are bad on "Like Disco..." but the production doesn't do them justice :)

Also how about live bonus tracks? (I'm a right chancer me! ;))

New Albulm? I never get told anything:swearing: And I live with 3 of you f*ckers!!!

I see you guys ain't bothered with record companies!!!

I'll sort it, write stuff and post them if I can get in every gig for free from now on? oh and also...........have a mass orgie with you guys?

Only kidding.....Love you Erskine! xxxxxxxxxx and

Len and Mac and Joe and Rass and Dan!

Originally posted by HippyChick:

New Albulm? I never get told anything:swearing: And I live with 3 of you f*ckers!!!

i am a fucker and i didnt know anything either ;)

on a similar note, myself & joe were talking about this the other day too, you guys want a new EP or a full length album?

Guest Scorge Spike
Originally posted by Rass:

on a similar note, myself & joe were talking about this the other day too, you guys want a new EP or a full length album?

Go for the album if possible, methinks.

I forgot to mention earlier a point that it would be better to do the recording bit after playing songs live - 'tis better to know the entity you are playing with in the gigging sense and then be able to stick it on tape when the song is a lot developed and familiar to it's performers. :)

I'd like an introduction of 2/3 songs as a taster but some surprises would be cool...as the only real surprise on last one was extended chasing ghosts <ohh what I a surprise!> but yeah new material <gets excited>

Random P.S I saw Mac on the bus into Aberdeen yesterday...I could have haggled him about album had I known about this thread

new atom cd would be amazin i dont think lettin the crowd hear some new tracks here and there is a good idea,u should just work ur asses off then have a big cd launch...O here is a idea guests on the new cd that would be amazin seeing who the that on stage everyone would be like wow i didnt see that twist in the music coming:cheers:

Originally posted by Tav:

Random P.S I saw Mac on the bus into Aberdeen yesterday...I could have haggled him about album had I known about this thread

I thought it was you... you were with someone so I didn't want to do the whole "Hey, aren't you...?" routine :D

Ah, the bluebird bus from Stoney to Aberdeen, marvellous!!!

Originally posted by Dan Atom:

WAIT!

How about an atom charity gig... All proceeds go towards atom being able to afford a really decent recording...

:D

:D

That is an AWESOME idea - How much does it cost to record at the mill though? Wouldn't it be like a million squillion quid? We might need to spend a month of gigs if we want a whole album - I'm up for it though!! :angel: