aberdeen-music

Drakes is gone

Teabags

was there for the last open mic night.

played an atrocious Scatha cover and got my genitals out alot on stage.

o cant belive its gone.

im gonna go cry into a bottle then drink the tears. this is FUCKING shit!

I think it's kinda funny actually, I'm wondering how many local "bands" will disappear now that the care in the community venue is gone.

Guest Neubeatz
I think it's kinda funny actually' date=' I'm wondering how many local "bands" will disappear now that the care in the community venue is gone.[/quote']

heh, dont worry 'bout it, the bands will just have integrate into normal society like the rest of us...;)

why did it close' date=' ive heard rumours on the grapevine but thats it really, nothing solid[/quote']

i'd imagine because not enough people went to it. there's no point in speculating though, what's done is done and drakes is gone. perhaps we should just concentrate on getting on with things and doing it ourselves seeing as we can't rely on drakes anymore. organise our own shows that no one else will put on and do things differently in new places. find a space and put on a gig or an art show or a video you've made or anything you want to do. show drakes that they did manage to change something and that it really was worth it.

i was as guilty as anyone for not going enough but i say with the death of drakes we should create a hundred new ones in it's place and make aberdeen a city of ideas and creativity instead of a city of drunks and tired soundalike bands!

i'd imagine because not enough people went to it. there's no point in speculating though' date=' what's done is done and drakes is gone. perhaps we should just concentrate on getting on with things and doing it ourselves seeing as we can't rely on drakes anymore. organise our own shows that no one else will put on and do things differently in new places. find a space and put on a gig or an art show or a video you've made or anything you want to do. show drakes that they did manage to change something and that it really was worth it.

i was as guilty as anyone for not going enough but i say with the death of drakes we should create a hundred new ones in it's place and make aberdeen a city of ideas and creativity instead of a city of drunks and tired soundalike bands![/quote']

Damn fine idea! I need a new haunt...

Jim

i'd imagine because not enough people went to it. there's no point in speculating though' date=' what's done is done and drakes is gone. perhaps we should just concentrate on getting on with things and doing it ourselves seeing as we can't rely on drakes anymore. organise our own shows that no one else will put on and do things differently in new places. find a space and put on a gig or an art show or a video you've made or anything you want to do. show drakes that they did manage to change something and that it really was worth it.

i was as guilty as anyone for not going enough but i say with the death of drakes we should create a hundred new ones in it's place and make aberdeen a city of ideas and creativity instead of a city of drunks and tired soundalike bands![/quote']

i always agree with dave

*nods*

:rockon: