aberdeen-music

Jodi's Bf Guity

Pete

go on then please use this link to show exactly where anyone blames Marilyn Manson for his actions?

There, it doesn't. However on the Radio 1 report, it very clearly mentioned that 2 days AFTER the murder, he went out and bought some MM DVD, Golden Age of something? And that's what the edit is up there, I'd originally put 'And I bet Marilyn Manson will be blamed' and then they did so I changed it.

So nur nur na nur nur.

So what, they mentioned it, but as far as i'm concerned if it isn't mentioned in any reports carried by the major news services then they can piss off. The judge never mentioned in in the summing up of the case, so it ain't relevent what the piece of shit that is radio 1 come up with, i wouldn't be surprised if the sun blame MM as well, but then thats the sun.

Edit: BBC news just mentioned something about MM but never said that the killing was a result of him being a fan.

it was on the news not long ago. aparently he is to blame as he has a thing for death and something else that is a bit fucked up. so the blame is being put on mr m himself because jodi's boyfriend watched some dvd's not long before the murder. its sick for the guy up till now to deny any happenings of jodi's murder, his mother is as much to blame as she said he stayed at home and never met his gilfriend where the murder was taken place.

Teenager Luke Mitchell has been found guilty of the "truly evil" murder of his girlfriend Jodi Jones.

The jury of eight women and seven men convicted the 16-year-old on a majority verdict at the High Court in Edinburgh.

Jodi, 14, was stripped, tied up and savagely stabbed to death with all the hallmarks of a ritual killing.

She went missing after going to meet her boyfriend in June 2003. Hours later, her naked and mutilated body was found close to her home.

Her death bore similarities to the gruesome "Black Dahlia" murder of 1940s Hollywood actress Elizabeth Short.

Goth rock star Marilyn Manson has painted graphic images depicting the notorious US murder and Mitchell was a fan of his music.

***from aol news**

oh sorry i was under the impression that you were a peeved fan sick fed up of MM getting the blame for everything. To be honest i'm just sick fed up of everyone blaming music' date=' movies and games for the actions of some sick and twisted individuals, and the whinning of the fans themselves[/quote']

im with you i hate it when things get blamed on the type of music people listen to. its the person who does the evil deeds not the bands they listen to.

I'm not sure what to make of it really. I mean by the sounds of it, he wasn't a particularly great boyfriend (sleeping with someone else etc) but I always get this sneaking suspicion that the boyfriend/partner is the easiest person to blame and the fact that he was a little bit goth or whatever makes it even easier.

but blaming Marilyn Manson? Isn't it time they found another scapegoat? Adults need to realise that kids can be fucked up all by themselves.

Gah.

Guest Zeenat Aman
It's like what I just on another board - if the kid had liked Oasis' date=' they wouldn't have mentioned. However I would put Oasis as worse influences on the youth of today than MM...[/quote']

May I ask why you think that?

Going by what's been written in this thread, the guy who did the murder may well have taken 'influence' from something that Mr Manson has supposedly "painted"...

I always view the use of the 'lad culture' tag to mean an Oasis influence.

Whatever his reasons are, I hope this guy gets what he deserves in jail!

That's exactly what I meant - lad culture. Kinda.

Young people in particular emulate their idols. They see the Gallaghers getting away with what they get away with and go and do it themselves. What does this mean? You get a good few million youths drinking their brains out, being obnoxious and generally wrecking the place thinking 'if they can get away with it, so can I.' No direct link is generally made by the media and/or the public however but I think when you put your mind to it, I think you'd agree there is some element in truth in that. It's probably not as prevalent now as when Oasis were at their most popular and whatnot but it still applies.

Young people in particular emulate their idols. They see the Gallaghers getting away with what they get away with and go and do it themselves. What does this mean? You get a good few million youths drinking their brains out' date=' being obnoxious and generally wrecking the place thinking 'if they can get away with it, so can I.' No direct link is generally made by the media and/or the public however but I think when you put your mind to it, I think you'd agree there is some element in truth in that. It's probably not as prevalent now as when Oasis were at their most popular and whatnot but it still applies.[/quote']

I came to that EXACT same conclusion a few days ago when I was pondering why its now so cool to be utterly pished when a few years ago it was an embarassment.

Oasis bred the type of idiots who thought A Design For Life was a drinking song...

Guest Zeenat Aman

Young people in particular emulate their idols. They see the Gallaghers getting away with what they get away with and go and do it themselves. What does this mean? You get a good few million youths drinking their brains out' date=' being obnoxious and generally wrecking the place thinking 'if they can get away with it, so can I.' No direct link is generally made by the media and/or the public however but I think when you put your mind to it, I think you'd agree there is some element in truth in that. It's probably not as prevalent now as when Oasis were at their most popular and whatnot but it still applies.[/quote']

Yup, Oasis certainly upped the popularity of being a total asshole in public.

So it is fair to say that a band's music and lifestyle does influence murders, violence, anti social behaviour etc. The bands aren't to blame of course, unless they have intentionally set out to try and influence such things.

Yup' date=' Oasis certainly upped the popularity of being a total asshole in public.

So it is fair to say that a band's music and lifestyle does influence murders, violence, anti social behaviour etc. The bands aren't to blame of course, unless they have intentionally set out to try and influence such things.[/quote']

There's a SLIGHT difference between acting like a dick and killing someone. Besides, when was the last time Marilyn Manson went out and killed someone in public? Oasis fans acting like dicks are emulating their idols. Killing someone isn't emulating Marilyn Manson. Shaving off your eyebrow and painting your face white would be emulating him. But not killing someone.

Guest Zeenat Aman
There's a SLIGHT difference between acting like a dick and killing someone. Besides' date=' when was the last time Marilyn Manson went out and killed someone in public? Oasis fans acting like dicks are emulating their idols. Killing someone isn't emulating Marilyn Manson. Shaving off your eyebrow and painting your face white would be emulating him. But not killing someone.[/quote']

You're not getting my point... people also emulate things, take influence from a bands music/lyrics.

This could relate to any band, I'm just using those two as they have been mentioned in this thread.

You're not getting my point... people also emulate things' date=' take [i']influence from a bands music/lyrics.

This could relate to any band, I'm just using those two as they have been mentioned in this thread.

But MY point is that people emulate aspects of a band that are (more or less) within the law, but to actually commit criminal acts you have to be a bit wrong in the head... I like the Smiths, but I've yet to burn down any discos, hang a DJ, or break into Buckingham Palace with a sponge and a rusty spanner, because I don't want to get arrested.

Guest Zeenat Aman
...to actually commit criminal acts you have to be a bit wrong in the head.

Agreed, you didn't think I was saying otherwise did you?

I'm mearly pointing out, that yes, Marilyn Manson may have unintentionally influenced this murder!

Agreed' date=' you didn't think I was saying otherwise did you?

I'm mearly pointing out, that yes, Marilyn Manson may have unintentionally influenced this murder![/quote']

Hmmmmmm....... I suppose that by bringing that 1940's death to the attention of Luke thingy, it COULD be argued that he influenced the STYLE of the death... although even that is extremely tenuous. But its not good to start accusing bands or whatever of influencing murder, no matter how unintentional it may be.