aberdeen-music

Jodi's Bf Guity

Pete

Ok, excerpts from the profile at this url http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4187007.stm

His fascination with the darker areas of human behaviour was also reflected in his opinions on religion.

His school jotter was covered in Satanic slogans, with the numbers 666 and references to the Devil.

He also wrote an essay questioning God's existence and saying the world needed Satanic people - "People like you need Satanic people like me to keep the balance."

The word Satan was written across the back of a jotter with the phrase: "I have tasted the Devil's green blood."

In another essay, Mitchell wrote: "So what if I am a Goth in a Catholic school? So what if I dress in baggy clothes?

"Just because I am more violent than others and cut myself, does that justify some pompous git of a teacher to refer me to a psychiatrist?

"Just because I have chosen to follow the teachings of Satan doesn't mean I need psychiatric help."

He also admitted stubbing out cigarettes on his hand as a "party trick" and had scratched the numbers 666 on his upper-right forearm with a compass.

So...you don't think marlyin manson/that kind of music culture has influenced his lifestyle atall? It said he smoked 4.5 Oz of hash a week, that is more than enough to trigger a psychotic episode in an unstable person (as he clearly was).

All that goth/angsty/nihilistic subculture is completely tied to the music, it's frankly retarded to suggest that there isn't a connection between the two.

i think its fucking sick how he could have done that at the age of 14

and jodi was apparently really happy about going to meet him coz she loved and trusted him

its really scary to think that someone can do that to someone they "love"

and now goth culture is getting brought up more on tv and in the papers

gah!

Ok' date=' excerpts from the profile at this url [url']http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4187007.stm

So...you don't think marlyin manson/that kind of music culture has influenced his lifestyle atall? It said he smoked 4.5 Oz of hash a week, that is more than enough to trigger a psychotic episode in an unstable person (as he clearly was).

All that goth/angsty/nihilistic subculture is completely tied to the music, it's frankly retarded to suggest that there isn't a connection between the two.

There is a DIFFERENCE between influencing a lifestyle and actually influencing a murder.

If it wasn't "goth culture" that he latched onto, it'd be something else. Millions of people listen to Marilyn Manson, but do you see all those people murdering people? If somehting truly IS an evil influence, it would make a LOT more poeple into murderers. You can't judge something just because of the actions of one idiot.

Look at it like this: people in the fifties thought Elvis was evil because he girated his hips. How pathetic does that seem now?

There is a DIFFERENCE between influencing a lifestyle and actually influencing a murder.

If it wasn't "goth culture" that he latched onto' date=' it'd be something else. Millions of people listen to Marilyn Manson, but do you see all those people murdering people? If somehting truly IS an evil influence, it would make a LOT more poeple into murderers. You can't judge something just because of the actions of one idiot.

Look at it like this: people in the fifties thought Elvis was evil because he girated his hips. How pathetic does that seem now?[/quote']

The point is, "goth" culture etc that he was influenced by, as many people are, totally harmlessly, nevertheless filled his head with fucked up ideas, and I'm willing to bet that had a psychotic episode because of all the pot smoking, which led to the violent manifestation of his fucked-up thoughts. I have seen first-hand people having psychotic episodes, and let me tell you, all rational thought goes out the window.

Anyone suggesting that goth culture doesn't fetishise angst, depression and pain has a screw loose.

I'm not trying to say that marylin manson is to blame, just that goth culture is retarded and fills peoples heads with stupid ideas, and when young kids turn to that sort of thing, it's hardly surprising that one or two with a screw loose eventually go over the edge. I reckon its a mixture of his goth self-styling and hash smoking that caused all this.

The point is' date=' "goth" culture etc that he was influenced by, as many people are, totally harmlessly, nevertheless filled his head with fucked up ideas, and I'm willing to bet that had a psychotic episode because of all the pot smoking, which led to the violent manifestation of his fucked-up thoughts. I have seen first-hand people having psychotic episodes, and let me tell you, all rational thought goes out the window.

Anyone suggesting that goth culture doesn't fetishise angst, depression and pain has a screw loose.

I'm not trying to say that marylin manson is to blame, just that goth culture is retarded and fills peoples heads with stupid ideas, and when young kids turn to that sort of thing, it's hardly surprising that one or two with a screw loose eventually go over the edge. I reckon its a mixture of his goth self-styling and hash smoking that caused all this.[/quote']

You won't find me arguing about the smoking tons of pot thing, I agree with that. But the point is turning to "goth culture" was not a cause of his personality. If anything, his personality was a cause of his adoption of gothism .

I don't care to be honest, goths are as bad as any paradoxical group of individuals.

But the point is turning to "goth culture" was not a cause of his personality. If anything' date=' his personality was a cause of his adoption of gothism .

[/quote']

I see what you are getting at, this is one of the things i dont like about the goth culture. Disenchanted/socially outcast/depressed/emotional and intelligent kids who feel alone and isolated in society will look to anything for consolation and acceptance and comradeship, and I think it's a real shame that some of them get sucked into this angsty, wallowing in self-pity subculture, because all it does is reinforce their belief that they are abnormal/miserable/etc and it turns into a sort of celebration of their feelings of isolation and despair.

I think you have to admit though, that a kid like that, doesn't just start carving 666 into his arm or saying he is satanic, without some external cultural influence.

At that age they are essentially vulnerable people, and all sorts of things will influence them.

Anyone suggesting that goth culture doesn't fetishise angst' date=' depression and pain has a screw loose.

[/quote']

Totally agree with this.

You have to take into consideration that 'blaming' Manson is a media glorified version of influence. Music like Manson's shouldn't be sold on the basis of what it can plant into already fucked up peoples heads, at least then we wouldn't have to listen to it.

Guest neil ex

Quote - His fascination with the darker areas of human behaviour was also reflected in his opinions on religion.

His school jotter was covered in Satanic slogans, with the numbers 666 and references to the Devil.

He also wrote an essay questioning God's existence and saying the world needed Satanic people - "People like you need Satanic people like me to keep the balance."

The word Satan was written across the back of a jotter with the phrase: "I have tasted the Devil's green blood."

In another essay, Mitchell wrote: "So what if I am a Goth in a Catholic school? So what if I dress in baggy clothes?

"Just because I am more violent than others and cut myself, does that justify some pompous git of a teacher to refer me to a psychiatrist?

"Just because I have chosen to follow the teachings of Satan doesn't mean I need psychiatric help."

He also admitted stubbing out cigarettes on his hand as a "party trick" and had scratched the numbers 666 on his upper-right forearm with a compass. - Quote

The Times mentioned all that. They also wrote, that he bought a MM video or DVD a couple of days after Jodi's death, which acted out some glorified death, and that it was odd that he would want to watch something like that after the death of his girlfriend.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

The tabloids are chock-full of it today, just as I expected. By the way, does anyone remember that case in Middlesbrough about ten years ago? Some guy walked into a school and stabbed a 12-year-old girl to death. The press made a great deal out of the fact that he had a copy of Sepultura's "Schizophrenia" LP, focusing on the song "Screams Behind The Shadows". Lazy scapegoating.