aberdeen-music

Coronation Streets "Goth"stereotype

kirkt

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed!' date=' i was watching it with my mom when that line came out i was rolling on the floor laugh while my mom just gave a vacant expression which turned out to be because she didnt know what a chav was... *sighs*

does anyone know whats going to happen on march 13th? or something when everyone is apparently supposed to die?![/quote']

on march the 17th, we're all going to die apparently...

not entirely sure how mind you...

aaah everybody loves coronation street!

Guest Ancient Mariner

I think my fave character in Corrie might be a goth too: Willie Heckislike. He's mentioned in every episode, but u never see him. Perhaps he's in his room brooding over how nothing is as poignant as rain on cobbles.

Guest spikefae20dj

i'm ryan the guy kirk slagged off

Hey i'm the guy that's rogers mate, i don't care if folk slag me off for that but i don't slag my mates behind there back like kirk does as he's supposed to be one of my oldest mates and yes i wear black nailvarnish all the time occasionally black eyeliner and lipstick but i've never claimed to be a goth so kirk was being stereotypical which is what a lot of people seem to hate so why did he first post this??? :swearing: yes i listen to cradle of filth and slayer and slipknot and limp bizkit, iron maiden, megadeth but guess what i don't care i listen to what i actually like!!!!! p.s. yes i did say limp bizkit but not there new album. i'm a fuc*ing old school dj at a local club and not drakes cause i get paid for this, let me c if i was a new metler why do i make money in this job. P.S. how old r u's all i'm almost 20.

Anyway F*ck Kirk and watch out i've been mates with kirk for years and he said this thinking i'd never be online, i've had bands like dumpvalve stay in my flat for him so they could play in aberdeen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :band:

P.s. i hate the stereotype too that's why he pi*sed me off so much :down:

Hey i'm the guy that's rogers mate' date=' i don't care if folk slag me off for that but i don't slag my mates behind there back like kirk does as he's supposed to be one of my oldest mates and yes i wear black nailvarnish all the time occasionally black eyeliner and lipstick but i've never claimed to be a goth so kirk was being stereotypical which is what a lot of people seem to hate so why did he first post this??? :swearing: yes i listen to cradle of filth and slayer and slipknot and limp bizkit, iron maiden, megadeth but guess what i don't care i listen to what i actually like!!!!! p.s. yes i did say limp bizkit but not there new album. i'm a fuc*ing old school dj at a local club and not drakes cause i get paid for this, let me c if i was a new metler why do i make money in this job. P.S. how old r u's all i'm almost 20.

Anyway F*ck Kirk and watch out i've been mates with kirk for years and he said this thinking i'd never be online, i've had bands like dumpvalve stay in my flat for him so they could play in aberdeen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :band:

P.s. i hate the stereotype too that's why he pi*sed me off so much :down:[/quote']

Seems like loads of people have joined lately with the sole intention of causing seizures via postings :rolleyes:

Where is it that you DJ? Imagine?

Anyone think this is laughable? Even the stupidest of mini-moshers wouldnt say things like "companion of darkness" in real life would they???? Perhaps Roger Kimmet. The guy did remind me of my amigo Ryan though. Bless him.

He didn't really slag you of to be fair now that I look back. That's tepid stuff for a-m.com :p

Methinks you're over-reacting. He even blessed you!

Hey i'm the guy that's rogers mate' date=' i don't care if folk slag me off for that but i don't slag my mates behind there back like kirk does as he's supposed to be one of my oldest mates and yes i wear black nailvarnish all the time occasionally black eyeliner and lipstick but i've never claimed to be a goth so kirk was being stereotypical which is what a lot of people seem to hate so why did he first post this??? :swearing: yes i listen to cradle of filth and slayer and slipknot and limp bizkit, iron maiden, megadeth but guess what i don't care i listen to what i actually like!!!!! p.s. yes i did say limp bizkit but not there new album. i'm a fuc*ing old school dj at a local club and not drakes cause i get paid for this, let me c if i was a new metler why do i make money in this job. P.S. how old r u's all i'm almost 20.

P.s. i hate the stereotype too that's why he pi*sed me off so much :down:[/quote']

you spell metler: metaller actually. Anyway I meant the guy looks like you. Id have said that to your face if I'd seen you recently. But i haven't. If i was really slagging you off I wouldnt have called you my amigo would I?

and yeah Limp Bizkit aren't as bad as people say.

Guest spikefae20dj

oops

:help: i think i might have overreacted to what kirk said about me as he thinks the guy looks like me next time think i might not post anything while drunk. SORRY Kirk i said some really nasty things via e-mail and didn't really mean them. :rockon: Kirk is a cool guy and a really good freind and i need to buy him a drink i think so sorry mate next time i'll speak to u first :cheers:

I wonder if the writers know that Cradle of Filth are actually a real band or if they thought of something incredibly cliche and it was a coincidence. They keep going on about Stench of Death who are fictional (at least' date=' I've never heard of them). It was like the episode of Friends where the girl who tried to buy the same wedding dress as Monica said her fiance wanted "the heavy metal band, Carcass" to play their wedding. I doubt the Friends writers knew that a band called Carcass actually existed and just went for something cliche.[/quote']

Writers aren't stupid, they have whole teams of researchers and they do know stuff.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
clearly you didn't know that Matt Le Blanc was part of the Liverpool grindcore scene in the late 80's

Carcass were from Wirral. Sorry, petty as absolute fuck, but the noise anorak within me needed to come out to play.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
They keep going on about Stench of Death who are fictional (at least' date=' I've never heard of them).[/quote']

On another pedantic note, "Stench of Death" is the title of Raw Noise's discography 10" EP.