aberdeen-music

Role Playing

Guest HARRY

I was just wondering if anyone actually goes to one of the things mentioned on this site:

The Aberdeen University Role-Playing Association

Its not like I am thinking of going (or taking the piss out of such a thing), I just always wonder if people actually take this seriously, or its just a good excuse to attack fellow players with a foam sword?

and dont reply with stupid comments like "omg when i red teh thread title i thot it waz bout sex roleplay lol", such as what Kai or Bob would most likely say :rolleyes:

Ah' date=' but I role a double 5 whilst wearing the vest of eternal banishment. You must role a double even to take ANY damage!!!![/quote']

"Why would I want to take any damage??"

I have used the mace of logic to bamboozle you. You must now play through an entire game of teletext Bamboozle in a single go or spend your next 5 turns in the Bog Of Eternal Stench.

Guest haigyman
"Why would I want to take any damage??"

I have used the mace of logic to bamboozle you. You must now play through an entire game of teletext Bamboozle in a single go or spend your next 5 turns in the Bog Of Eternal Stench.

then after that you have david bowie's crotch to look forward to

one time me and my chum were flyering the staff of businesses round aberdeen for a certain bar

and we walked down the street games workshop was on and i was about to go in and my friend went "don't go in there, they won't take any. could you see anyone from in there ever going out to a bar?"

and i thought he was just being silly so i went in alone

behind the counter was this geeky-looking fella with long greasy hair, discussing these orc models with a customer

and when he had a spare second i handed him the flyer, saying "here, take these flyers. you can get cheap drinks with them"

at first he looked scared, like he didn't quite know what i was on about and said "we aren't allowed to have these adverts on the shop floor"

so i explained to him that the flyers were for the staff, i wasn't expecting him to give them to customers

he became quite enraged, sternly replying "we do not have this sort of thing in the shop!!"

so yeah, i'm not normally one for believing stereotypes but i met one, that fateful day

i wonder if i'd persisted in trying to plug the bar, would he have tried to put a spell on me?

Guest haigyman
one time me and my chum were flyering the staff of businesses round aberdeen for a certain bar

and we walked down the street games workshop was on and i was about to go in and my friend went "don't go in there' date=' they won't take any. could you see anyone from in there ever going out to a bar?"

and i thought he was just being silly so i went in alone

behind the counter was this geeky-looking fella with long greasy hair, discussing these orc models with a customer

and when he had a spare second i handed him the flyer, saying "here, take these flyers. you can get cheap drinks with them"

at first he looked scared, like he didn't quite know what i was on about and said "we aren't allowed to have these adverts on the shop floor"

so i explained to him that the flyers were for the staff, i wasn't expecting him to give them to customers

he became quite enraged, sternly replying "we [i']do not have this sort of thing in the shop!!"

so yeah, i'm not normally one for believing stereotypes but i met one, that fateful day

i wonder if i'd persisted in trying to plug the bar, would he have tried to put a spell on me?

if you kept pushing him he might have used his limit break and gone level 4 on your ass

i onced had the fantastic experience of being in the shop on schoolhill, that used to be the fantastic art gallery - how i miss that place... anyway , one of my "friends" and i use the term loosely needed to buy the rule book for something or other, i think it had to do with space trolls, but it was 30, which shocked the hell out of me.

but yeah so we went down to the till to pay for it and then he started talking the the scary man behind the till that just reminded me of everything i never want to be in life, and they were talking about how this rule book was the new one, and they got all nostalgic about the games they used to play when they were younger, and they were discussing how it would be great to have a dedicated night in the shop for this, and then the manager guy goes "I'd get fired if i played that." Apparently they can't play the old games for some reason or other and then they said something about some sort of dwarf and they both burst out laughing hysterically.

Possibly the most surreal moment of my life.