aberdeen-music

Am I Missing Something Here...?

Pete

"Even as an adult, it would be difficult to function on that amount."

The drug expert said two ounces would be enough for 300 joints a week, which would equate to a 40-a-day habit. This would cost the user about 90 a week, he said.

it would only be enough for 300 joints if you were sitting alone everyday

but i dont know many people who smoke that much by themselves

- and a pipe or bong would polish off that amount much quicker...

but still... 4.5oz a week... if he did do the deed - then he must've been asleep...

but back to the point

it's quite clearly scapegoating - at it's finest

i dont think that it has anything to do with anything

if you kill someone in that kind of way

it's because your mental

not because the picture told you to do it... it's because... your mental...

fruitcake

baaampot

nutbar

craaaazy

they were also blaming a DVD that came with one of the Marilyn Manson albums...

i think i've seen it...

maybe i'm dangerous too... :bat:

if the accused had been obsessed with the black dahlia murder then maybe it might be loosly relevant but as far as i know marilyn manson has only ever shown himself to be a highly intelligent if slightly rubbish rock star who knows how to stir up a bit of controversy and not a murderer or cult leader who inspires murder.

when will people get over him?

Guest onlynik
if the accused had been obsessed with the black dahlia murder then maybe it might be loosly relevant but as far as i know marilyn manson has only ever shown himself to be a highly intelligent if slightly rubbish rock star who knows how to stir up a bit of controversy and not a murderer or cult leader who inspires murder.

when will people get over him?

Its easier to use him as he is well known and easily identifiable as a corruptor of the young, besides the verdict will be debated by 12 people too stupid to get out of jury duty.

You might chortle at the bullshit being spouted in the trial, but the final verdict itself and the way the trial has gone has serious implications for those of the alternative persuasion, I think. If the kid is found guilty of murder, then the media will have a frenzy on Marilyn Manson and all similar "goth" things that might happen to influence kids in how they behave. It may be used as the start of some kind of backlash or restrictions being bought into place, and that would be very worrying.

I would tend to agree with karloff... The media would use it as a springboard, and thats a bigger pcture that's worrying...

Manson has been thrown in because he is an easy target, just like all those'hateful and violent' computer games, and other artists like Eminem and so on...

Guest tv tanned

I find this whole pantomime deeply disturbing. I fail to see why every day we need to hear a report from the trial, and judging by the evidence so far there hasn't been a shred of hard evidence brought against him, it's all just completely circumstantial crap.

Basically they are trying to paint him as some evil goth weirdo, as if that is somehow what makes a person a criminal.

I am sure I am not alone in fearing the worst about the judicial system.

yea, but what if he did do it?

fair enough just cause he's a goth type doesn't mean he did it but it also doesn't mean he's innocent automatically. agreed if he's guilty it might mean another media backlash and probably worse but if it would probably be his fault rather than the medias. if he did it. who knows just now.

Guest tv tanned
yea' date=' but what if he did do it?

fair enough just cause he's a goth type doesn't mean he did it but it also doesn't mean he's innocent automatically. agreed if he's guilty it might mean another media backlash and probably worse but if it would probably be his fault rather than the medias. if he did it. who knows just now.[/quote']

Hey don;'t get me wrong, I'm not presuming innocence here.

I do worry at the way in which they are trying to construct an image of his lifestyle choices as being indicative of a homicidal personality.

Frankly he's fucked on the cannabis charge anyway

Hey don;'t get me wrong' date=' I'm not presuming innocence here.

I do worry at the way in which they are trying to construct an image of his lifestyle choices as being indicative of a homicidal personality.

Frankly he's fucked on the cannabis charge anyway[/quote']

I fully agree. His lifestyle choice is being put under more scrutany than the hard fact that he was caught carrying knives. That unarguably has more to do with the murder and trial, whether the evidence is there or not. Basically, the jury are being asked to pass judgement on the suspicions of the Police, and a bunch of circumstance. The prosecution and media, rightly or wrongly, are more focused on his alternative following and music tastes than the fact he routinely carried a knife. I don't know whether the jury gets to see the press coverage, but it certainly seems that the trial has focused with the same slant.

Frankly he's fucked on the cannabis charge anyway

true. :gringo:

the only thing that gets me is the fact that if he wasnt a fan of Marilyn Manson then they wouldn't have mentioned anything about his lifestyle at all

what if his favourite band was coldplay

or maybe he was well into his drum n bass... would that make him less of a psycho killer?

there are probably tens of thousands of people who have seen the same art work and watched the same films and listened to the same music as that kid

but they haven't rushed out and killed anyone

which is good..

someone who has the capability of doing something like has serious mental issues...

the music and the lifestyle would have an influence.. sure it would.. you are who you are and suchlike... but it wouldnt drive you to it..

Guest tv tanned

Horror movies, horror music and horror books don't create psychos. They make psychos more creative.

I can't remember who said that, but it was fairly prophetic.

People who are likely to commit these sorts of atrocities are going to do it, no matter what happens.

As Manson himself said. There was no Marilyn Manson around when Cain killed Abel.

You might chortle at the bullshit being spouted in the trial' date=' but the final verdict itself and the way the trial has gone has serious implications for those of the alternative persuasion, I think. If the kid is found guilty of murder, then the media will have a frenzy on Marilyn Manson and all similar "goth" things that might happen to influence kids in how they behave. It may be used as the start of some kind of backlash or restrictions being bought into place, and that would be very worrying.[/quote']

you mean the sheep like minions of "alt" would have to find another trend to follow ? bring it on then! the people who are "alt" (?!) can get on with what they do as normal, and let the scenesters pick up on something else then!

if you are geniunely into alt / goth stuff, you'll not be put off by some court ruling / news story / parent bawling in yer lug ...

The prosecution and media' date=' rightly or wrongly, are more focused on his alternative following and music tastes than the fact he routinely carried a knife.[/quote']

The media seem to be, though that might not necessarily be the case for the prosecution. The media are bound under law to report court proceedings fair and accurately, but this doesn't mean they won't concentrate on one aspect, unfortunately in this case, the Marilyn Manson thing.

However there's probably been a variety of other evidence which hasn't been covered, because it's more routine, and not as newsworthy, for better or worse. It's the same as any long-running cases such as OJ, you won't get the press lying, but at the same time you shouldn't try and base all the coverage as being equivalent to what the jury are hearing, the weighting on certain issues will be a lot different.