aberdeen-music

GIG : Sat 22nd January, Dr Drakes w. Double Jack

Mac Atom

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scorge Spike
So I have just rather distressingly read... :( That is utterly rubbish news' date=' we've had a lot of support from Drakes down the years and they will be sorely missed :([/quote']

Bizarrely enough, it's the only venue I've never seen you lot play in, thankfully this will be rectified on Saturday.

fucking ace gig, i LOVED the sheer length of it! (atoms set of course.....)

i think i got a bit carried away in the taking of the photos though........... about 115 in total!

aaah but it was all worth it, unfortunatly i had to run out on you guys on your last song as stagecoach buses are really fucking gay and i have work in the morning ;(

hope the gig that was gonna be on the 10th still goes ahead, just at a different venue...... or even better! the same venue! KEEP DRAKES OPEN!!!!

Guest Scorge Spike

Full DJ set, for those of you who care (* denotes what Calum played)

Testament - Practise What You Preach

*Stratovarius - Elements

Def Leppard - Gift Of Flesh

*Megadeth - Skin Of My Teeth

Slayer - Disciple

*Sepultura - Arise

Gamma Ray - Heart Of The Unicorn

*Pantera - Art Of Shredding Skin

Metallica - No Remorse

*Anthrax - Caught In A Mosh

Dream Theater - Lie

*Rush - YYZ

Iron Maiden - Only The Good Die Young

*Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt I

Megadeth - Hangar 18

*Dragonforce - Once In A Lifetime

Blaze - The Brave

Paradise Lost - Rememberance

Slayer - South Of Heaven

Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes To Midnight

Motorhead - Ace Of Spades

Megadeth - Symphony Of Destruction

Guns And Roses - Mr Brownstone

Pantera - Domination

Metallica - Master Of Puppets

Testament - Into The Pit

Slayer - Reborn

Dream Theater - This Dying Soul

Iron Maiden - Powerslave

Strapping Yound Lad - Detox

Paradise Lost - Dying Freedom (I think)

Stratovarius - Paradise

Slayer - Angel Of Death

Metallica - Metal Militia.

</end>

Was a good gig - I dd not think terribly much of Equilibrium, but Black Atom and Double Jack both played good sets (some inspired covers by the latter).

That was an awsome gig i still bloody recovering while writing this i can hardley move my neck, and my ribs are killing me thnx Erskine for trashing me with your bass. And that was one weird bit of the show where changed the song, so Joe did you say you changed it by a semi-tone so was that augmented or diminished.

Oh well I notcied mac stayed to the one end of the stage out the way, i thought if he came close in on stage he would wack his head off the speaker.

anyway congrats on a fucking great show. and cool drummer swap.

Deepdrinker

yeah, grr to mac, i could hardly get any pics of him as there were people standing in the way :(

if he'd moved more to his right then i would have got prettyful pics of him with the rest of the guys.

didnt get many pics of dan coz he was away at the other end of the stage hiding in the shadows and didnt get any of len im afraid, unless you can just make him out behind the kit hehe

got an awesome one of joe posing though hehe

so Joe did you say you changed it by a semi-tone so was that augmented or diminished.

Almost, the 3 guitars and bass all went a semitone out from each other so individually the song was being played in G, Ab, A and Bb. I never saw us doing that in front of people as its pretty disgusting! In an enclosed space it almost made me want to puke. Anyway, its all for a laugh, dont expect to hear it ever again!

Cheers to all ye who came, good night was had by all! :)