aberdeen-music

Lucida Console, The X-Certs, Flight 19 and My Mind's Weapon, Mon 3rd January, Drakes

Dan G

I have no idea of the details to be honest..

However,

The Lucida Console

The X-Certs

Flight 19

My Mind's Weapon

Drakes, Monday 3rd january, 7.30(?)

I think that's about all that needs said. Much rock. Much much rock. Get in early, I say.

Jamesy(who can post as someone else, because he was never banned, noice!)

Random MMw news - Last gig in Aberdeen pre-English dates with Days in December/Through Silence at end of January. Just been recording 3 new tracks, shall be finished Jan 5th, if interested email us - mymindsweapon@hotmail.com, or sign up to the forums @ www.mymindsweapon.net. Next Aberdeen venture post January 3rd shall be Bleeding Through/Cult of Luna, email for tickets. Dont be a fool and miss out.

Cheers.

are reasons are red not playing this anymore?

Unfortunately not this time. We totally wanted to but we've had a few set backs recently so it wasn't to be. We going to be playing with Aereogramme in Kef on the 21st if anyone is interested in some more maraca-based dance rock!

Every one should definately head on down for this gig tho. The X-certs get better every time i see them. The Lucida Console are great guys and a really good band, great musicians. I ain't seen Flight in ages but I'm sure they'll be primed to explode and the mighty Weapon will no doubt fill our shoes and then some! I'm sure they'll bring the screaming rock noise we all need!

Guest stuartmaxwell
Unfortunately not this time. We totally wanted to but we've had a few set backs recently so it wasn't to be. We going to be playing with Aereogramme in Kef on the 21st if anyone is interested in some more maraca-based dance rock!

Every one should definately head on down for this gig tho. The X-certs get better every time i see them. The Lucida Console are great guys and a really good band' date=' great musicians. I ain't seen Flight in ages but I'm sure they'll be primed to explode and the mighty Weapon will no doubt fill our shoes and then some! I'm sure they'll bring the screaming rock noise we all need![/quote']

were you drunk when you posted that??

thats a mighty ramble

fuck me what a gig!!!

Seen weapon play better but considering what happened still fucking awesome. I love that opening song guys.

Flight 19 were there usual selves. Its not really my thing altoghether i dunno why but still those guys are a great band very fucking tight even after not playing together for ages.

Lucida Console never did it for me at all really. Found them very boring.

Then we come to the X Certs.....fucking hell.....you guys are without a doubt one of the best bands aberdeen has ever produced. So much energy and passion about your performance. Everyone singing along at the start as well was truley awesome. I cant say enough good things about you guys i really cant. Thank you so much for that tonight!!!!

That was a great gig.

Not seen Drakes so busy since the last xcerts gig.

My Minds Weapon have palyed better gigs but that gig was still pretty decent. What actually happen to Alex's bass?

Flight 19 were very good. First time I had seen them in ages and I like them a whole lot better now that I used to. Sorta remind me of early Get Up Kids.

Lucida Console didn't seem to impress a lot of people but I personally think they were good. Nice songs to chill out to with little spurts of energy in between.

Xcerts stole the show with their set. The "Still The Same" was beautiful with everybody joining in singing. Was a shame that there was a hitch during their new song but sounded ace. Reminded me of Reuben and Brand New.