aberdeen-music

Bass: Guitar for Retards

Guest Craig

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a guitarist could pick up a bass and just play' date=' but a bassist couldnt pick up a guitar and just play[/quote']

That is the Stupidist comment i have ever heard. you a fucking moron. Your saying a bassist couldnt play a guitar? i never play guitar but i bet my classical finger style is better than yours on guitar and bass.

Fuck you.

That is the Stupidist comment i have ever heard. you a fucking moron. Your saying a bassist couldnt play a guitar? i never play guitar but i bet my classical finger style is better than yours on guitar and bass.

Fuck you.

what im saying is that sombody who can play guitar well, can pick up bass very quik, but sombody who plays bass well would find it harder. from my expeirnce and my freinds anyway.

you motherfucking cunt faced twat

what im saying is that sombody who can play guitar well' date=' can pick up bass very quik, but sombody who plays bass well would find it harder. from my expeirnce and my freinds anyway.

you motherfucking cunt faced twat[/quote']

But I pointed that out a few posts before, but added the fact that all guitar players only think they can play bass, cos they hit the right notes (fuck the time, eh guys :D )

what im saying is that sombody who can play guitar well' date=' can pick up bass very quik, but sombody who plays bass well would find it harder. from my expeirnce and my freinds anyway.

you motherfucking cunt faced twat[/quote']

No u didnt, u said a bassist COULDNT pick up a guitar and play it.

and the cunt on my face was your mums.

but a bassist couldnt pick up a guitar and just play
what im saying is that sombody who can play guitar well, can pick up bass very quik, but sombody who plays bass well would find it harder. from my expeirnce and my freinds anyway.
No u didnt, u said a bassist COULDNT pick up a guitar and play it.

PWN3D B1TCH!!!!!!oneoneone!!!!1111!!!

You shitmouthed cunting cockhead of a cumbag.... :D

To be totally honest' date=' I've found bass to be harder, mostly due to the technique with your fingers. To play it with a pic is a bit easier, but no-one can say they find learning to play bass with your fingers easy! takes a hell of alot of practice.[/quote']

Um I'd actually have to say that I find it easier to play bass with my fingers. I don't think I can play bass with a pick, I really can't do it, but that could just be because of what I play, I don't know. I don't really care to be honest, I just do what's easiest for me, and if that means using my fingers then so be it, even though they are mangled to a certain extent because of it.

And just to add to that, I did learn to play with my fingers, when I did bass at school I didn't use a pick once - I wasn't allowed to.

• 2 weeks later...

Guitarists, get over yourselves, you egotistical twats. Do you think because a bass has 4 strings (normally - I have a 6 string too) and resembles a guitar that it should be regarded in the same way? There have been a gazillion bands over the years who have managed to do without a guitar player, but very few who have had no bass. Generally all the guitar does is add a bit of texture to a song, whereas the bass (and drums) hold the song together. Bassists (well good ones anyway) listen to all the instruments of the band and complement the melody whilst holding down the groove. Also, basses have thicker strings (harder to fret for a beginner) and wider frets (harder to player 'weedly weedly' guitar wank). Any time I hear a guitarist pick up bass I cringe because they just don't understand what it's all about...

THE GROOVE!!!!

Whereas any decent bassist can do wanky guitar solos...... :D