aberdeen-music

The New FOPP Store

Mouse

Since Fopp dont do second hand music, t shirts, vinyl or more obscure Cds et al I doubt they will put One Up out of business. Asda / Tesco / Amazon etc are more likely to put HMV / Virgin / Fopp out of business in the long term because of the intense price competition rather than range / customer service focus.

BTW I wonder how One Up will do when the Cavern vol 2 opens this month?

Dave

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word what the exact date for oening will be Dave? I saw the place in its early stages' date=' but I've heard it looks fabulous, with cafe etc[/quote']

January sometime according to Mike Cavern yesterday. But best not to hold our breath yet...

Yep I'm interested in finding out what the club / live venue bit will be like. Another Drakes / Drummond rival??

Sore head on the 1 st Alan?

Dave

Since Fopp dont do second hand music' date=' t shirts, vinyl or more obscure Cds et al I doubt they will put One Up out of business. Asda / Tesco / Amazon etc are more likely to put HMV / Virgin / Fopp out of business in the long term because of the intense price competition rather than range / customer service focus.

BTW I wonder how One Up will do when the Cavern vol 2 opens this month?

Dave[/quote']

What?! Where?

Yep I'm interested in finding out what the club / live venue bit will be like. Another Drakes / Drummond rival??

Sore head on the 1 st Alan?

Dave

Apparently the sound system is excellent!

I did have a somewhat fuzzy head on the 1st, Dave.......and you? It was a brilliant Hogmanay, though.

I'm not personally a massive Fopp fan, mainly because they rarely have the albums I'm after (mostly on small independent labels). One-Up definitely cover a wider range, and aren't part of a chain. I buy a lot of things mail order, but otherwise it's One-Up for CDs and the Cavern for vinyl.

Yep I felt rather ruff around the edges on the 1 st. I blame the German beer we had at the Blue Lamp and the very late night. Some of it was almost 8 % but had a great taste.

Yep it was a great Hogm given that the Blue Lamp had been rather limp and quiet and we all had a few beers the previous night.

Dave