aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Mouse

The New FOPP Store

Fopp sucks. Stick with 1UP

I think u are probably right. Fopps got cheap dvds, but aside from the 5 section, when u go to the a-z there are a few nasty shocks of 15 albums that are way cheaper in one up. I think Fopps maybe becoming a bit "corporate giant", i dunno, but i suppose ill still go there....but one up has more choice

Guest AmbientMood

New Fopp is cool, I've bought 10 cds in 2 days there (all fiver ones) - fucking long breaks between college classes!

Guest haigyman
I got Steve Earle's "Jerusalem" for a fiver' date=' and the new Green Day for a tenner.

At those prices, you'll hear no complaints from me.[/quote']

...until you give the greenday album a good listen

:up:

Guest Tam o' Shantie

fopp is great if your taste in music is contained within the 20 different CDs they have in there

it's nice-i liked the little fopp better though-dunno why,think just cos it was a bit away from the high street and was nice and small.

it's really good for books and dvds

Fopp isn't worth the hassle, can never find anything i'm after and just end up going into one-up. Ocassionally i'll see something i want but the 5,7 and10 sections really piss me off. and they've got the most random a-z???

t

I really dont like the fact that there are very few unsigned bands, albulms that are not purchasable at these knock down prices ............... o well progress is a bitch

Guest tv tanned
they had that ages ago. Is it the one without directors cut?

Butterfly Effect kicks its ass im afraid. Both smashing films though.

Have you been hit over the head or something?!? How on earth can you suggest that Ashton Kutcher's take on Quantum Leap is even close to touching Donnie Darko?

they had that ages ago. Is it the one without directors cut?

Butterfly Effect kicks its ass im afraid. Both smashing films though.

ho ho..good one...yeah, my sides are still hurting...

As a store, it is better in the new location than the old in my opinion... But I think ill contnue to buy my cd's from 1up. Although, Fopp will retain a lot of my dvd business im sure.

Guest stuartmaxwell

missing records and monorail are great shops in Glasgow

they have shiteloads of second hand stuff by a wide wide range of artists and genres

unlike FOPP

missing records and monorail are great shops in Glasgow

they have shiteloads of second hand stuff by a wide wide range of artists and genres

unlike FOPP

Well helpful as that is, I think Glasgow is a little out my way to go for a second hand CD.

Guest HARRY

Checked it out last saturday and was quite disappointed. Unidentified reasons, there was just something about it which made me want to leave

Guest AmbientMood
is fopp still selling a large selection of beefheart for 5?

cause there is 3 cds i need from that selection

well I got one of em!

Also a 'zappa Best of' for a fiver, but I think its shite. The singles versions of a lot of his tracks are shite compared to live.

As a shop, it's alright, just now the smell's horrible - but that's to be expected from a newly painted shoppy. I'm chuffed with the new, expanded DVD section. Quite a leap form the old store, and there's also the vipco films for just 5, which is nice. Lots of good stuff but i'd still only go there to get a cheap book or a bargain cd.

As for the actual shop, i think the design's a bit strange. The walls are so bare, and the colour scheme is so cold and mundane. The roof of the main street level section is also very high. As someone else said, it's not a shop that you'd want to stay in for too long, but saying that there might still be changes as it's not finished yet.