aberdeen-music

celtic 1 - 2 aberdeen

-matthEw-

Don't think that's a fair comment. I support Partick and that's because I saw them at at dour Gayfield (Arbroath FC) afternoon five years ago and was somehow grabbed by the way they played' date=' and chose to support them from that day forth.

Don't get the idea of supporting a football club just because it's your local, it's like saying you should always drink in your local just because it's closest, when there are better, more exciting pubs elsewhere (perhaps a dodgy analogy, but i hope you see the point....).[/quote']

yeah i understand...its just over the years so many people have chosen to follow clubs due to success...years ago i recieved a birthday card (as you do) only it was a manchester utd card as it was assumed EVERYONE supported them! Alot of people at school were rangers fans due to them being at the height of their sucess. But i can't direct that 'glory hunting' tag at you, being a partick fan and all hehe

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scorge Spike
yeah i understand...its just over the years so many people have chosen to follow clubs due to success...years ago i recieved a birthday card (as you do) only it was a manchester utd card as it was assumed EVERYONE supported them! Alot of people at school were rangers fans due to them being at the height of their sucess. But i can't direct that 'glory hunting' tag at you' date=' being a partick fan and all hehe[/quote']

True. I still find it hard to define glory hunters, I suspect with most Old Firm fans it's a generational thing as opposed to who's doing best.

That match in my post above was a second division encounter, so I'd like to think I am not one of these glory hunting types. I just enjoy watching a good game. :p

Errrr, better go to work......

True. I still find it hard to define glory hunters' date=' I suspect with most Old Firm fans it's a generational thing as opposed to who's doing best.

That match in my post above question was a second division encounter, so I'd like to think I am not one of these glory hunting types. I just enjoy watching a good game. :p

Errrr, better go to work......[/quote']

errr better actually do some college workhehe

Celtic must be embarrassed I think not bigot boy' date=' just show how little people rate Aberdeen if you think they can't compete this season, see you at the end of the season.[/quote']

What the hell are you talking about?

Can you please type something that makes sense.

Thanks.

I hope the dons have a fit keeper for Sunday....... or the Glasgow double could be out the window! :help:

thats a good point...it iritates me when folk from say aberdeen dont support their home team :moody:

That wasn't my point. I was saying that it's worse to be a celtic fan in aberdeen right now than in glasgow. And I don't go for the whole supporting your home team thing either. Being a Celtic fan is in my blood and i couldn't help it if i tried. It's much more of a sociological matter than a geographical one.

That wasn't my point. I was saying that it's worse to be a celtic fan in aberdeen right now than in glasgow. And I don't go for the whole supporting your home team thing either. Being a Celtic fan is in my blood and i couldn't help it if i tried. It's much more of a sociological matter than a geographical one.

True indeed, you might remember i got into an argument over this in the Aberdeen-Rangers thread, what a load of shit it is to suggest you really should support a team solely based upon location. I was born into a family of Ranger's supporter's and so really don't think much of the geography argument. :swearing::partyboy:

well i have seen Rangers on several occassions and so won't take offence to your not so thinly veiled jibe' date=' got tickets to the Graz and Auxerre matches too![/quote']

You poor man! ;)

Take some soap down with you to share out amongst your minions! Some of them haven't seen a shower for years! Let alone a toothbrush!

:D

Guest neil ex
Celtic must be embarrassed I think not bigot boy' date=' just show how little people rate Aberdeen if you think they can't compete this season, see you at the end of the season.[/quote']

i suppose that would be like if celtic were to win any of the next 3 games in their champions league group before they make an early exit from the competition again.

if we beat celtic at parkhead, there's no reason why we can't be the scum on sunday.

haha' date=' nice one :D

Aye, there are some horrors.... some of the Celtic fans at the last game at Pittodrie cracked me up..... my god, these people have no fashion sense or hygiene....

scary![/quote']

The worst i have ever seen are the Dundee supporters! They kept offering me a fight, and made it known as i left the stadium that my mother was a good shag, the bastards!!! :swearing:

Guest neil ex
The worst i have ever seen are the Dundee supporters! They kept offering me a fight' date=' and made it known as i left the stadium that my mother was a good shag, the bastards!!! :swearing:[/quote']

I didn't know that Dundee were once the most succesful team in scotland. ;)

I think the Gers fans are the worst looking. Naff' date=' ill-fitting shell suits, massive beer bellies, cigarette stained skin, tattoos, scars, broken noses, bad breath, smelly feet, lank, manky hair, bruised knuckles etc..........and the men are even worse!!!![/quote']

agreed ! :up: