aberdeen-music

Who's got the cushiest job?

Alex

I think yours beats mine, but I'm enjoying my new job.

I now work from home, sitting in a big comfy chair in my room with all my music. I can wander off and take a break anytime I please, same with eating etc. I have a coffee machine and some very tasty coffee. I have a shop right next door for snacks. A 2meg internet connection on which I tend to play some online RPG's or browse forums as I work. I get to boss two of my friends around. I can go out whenever I like so I don't miss any social events due to work anymore so long as I keep up with my schedual at some point. Oh and when I'm feeling a bit uninspired I just have a few ice cold beers. All this and I'm being paid about 25 quid an hour for my time, doing something I actually quite like, and courtesy of laptop with wireless internet I can even work in bed (not that I've resorted to being that lazy yet).

I think yours beats mine' date=' but I'm enjoying my new job.

I now work from home, sitting in a big comfy chair in my room with all my music. I can wander off and take a break anytime I please, same with eating etc. I have a coffee machine and some very tasty coffee. I have a shop right next door for snacks. A 2meg internet connection on which I tend to play some online RPG's or browse forums as I work. I get to boss two of my friends around. I can go out whenever I like so I don't miss any social events due to work anymore so long as I keep up with my schedual at some point. Oh and when I'm feeling a bit uninspired I just have a few ice cold beers. All this and I'm being paid about 25 quid an hour for my time, doing something I actually quite like, and courtesy of laptop with wireless internet I can even work in bed (not that I've resorted to being that lazy yet).[/quote']

One word.........BASTARD!!!!!

Guest Cowboy Dan
I think yours beats mine' date=' but I'm enjoying my new job.

I now work from home, sitting in a big comfy chair in my room with all my music. I can wander off and take a break anytime I please, same with eating etc. I have a coffee machine and some very tasty coffee. I have a shop right next door for snacks. A 2meg internet connection on which I tend to play some online RPG's or browse forums as I work. I get to boss two of my friends around. I can go out whenever I like so I don't miss any social events due to work anymore so long as I keep up with my schedual at some point. Oh and when I'm feeling a bit uninspired I just have a few ice cold beers. All this and I'm being paid about 25 quid an hour for my time, doing something I actually quite like, and courtesy of laptop with wireless internet I can even work in bed (not that I've resorted to being that lazy yet).[/quote']

What are you? An online stripper or something?

I have a great job and a terrible job- wedding photographer.

Good points- Photograph peoples special day and everyone is happy and smiley

I get to take photos and am paid to do it which is ace

I work from home so I have similar perks to Mr Tristens job

Bad points- During the week I work at home and it can be lonely....awwww

I have tons of responsibility, i.e cant mess up a wedding!

I dont have Saturdays off

I now work from home' date=' sitting in a big comfy chair in my room with all my music. I can wander off and take a break anytime I please, same with eating etc. I have a coffee machine and some very tasty coffee. I have a shop right next door for snacks. A 2meg internet connection on which I tend to play some online RPG's or browse forums as I work. I get to boss two of my friends around. I can go out whenever I like so I don't miss any social events due to work anymore so long as I keep up with my schedual at some point. Oh and when I'm feeling a bit uninspired I just have a few ice cold beers. All this and I'm being paid about 25 quid an hour for my time, doing something I actually quite like, and courtesy of laptop with wireless internet I can even work in bed (not that I've resorted to being that lazy yet).[/quote']

I felt this needed to be quoted again. What is it you're doing now man? :0

my jobs ok i suppose. the john lewis. itll probably grate in a couple of years. but cant complain because its going to pay my rent and bills.

good points - free food,internet access,pool,darts,nice place.

bad - long day,constantly busy. cant complain though. would rather be working hard than moping around doing nothing.

I'm now writing php applications and databases for various companys as well as building php driven backend control panels for websites, and upgrading current html ones over to php to take advantage of the new control. I am also doing a lot of work developing plugins for phpNuke and phpBB. At the moment I am working on an entire admin-end database control system for a company called HPR (UK) Ltd, building them a system to manage their client base from a web based enviroment and basically setting up and running their webside and office network as well. The pay is really good. In theory I'll work for ten quid an hour, but the last two jobs have been more than double that at the end of the day.

Lot of hard work and takes a lot of discipline, but loving the self employment so far. I am also taking a 'break' shortly to go out to Northen Cyprus and help runs my dads holiday complex development - again hard work but well paid and I get to spend some time in the sun

i'm a Portal Developer

woohoo!

is that a cushy job?

i dunno

could be....

just had a bacon roll... yum

speaking of Dell

i've got about 4 Dell computers... (but didnt actually buy any of them..)

but they suck... they refused me finance when i actually wanted to buy one! so its not easy at all

if you want an ace system go here

http://www.alienware.co.uk

:)