aberdeen-music

Hell Is For Heroes + Aereogramme + Succioperro - Thursday

Ross

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest neil ex

i use my student card everywhere and the only place it's not been accepted is the cathouse in glasgow, though they accepted it the last time i was there. that's fair enough to only accept driving licenses/birth certificates, but why don't you just use the same policy for the club nights? i'm sure most people would carry around one form of the other, and if they were refused entry, they'd know to bring next time. might cut down underagers but i don't think fake IDs are that big a problem, better to be safe than sorry though surely?

nice one for putting on the gig by the way ross. i think the lay out of moshulu is good for gigs.

I can see your point.

A person working in a licensed premises can ID who ever they wish and refuse to serve who ever they wish.

Anyone with a wristband at a ig can consume alcohol. THUS if one of the members of staff sees a wristband on someone they will assume that they are definately OVER 18. If that person was drunk and found in the venue with a wristband on then it would all come back to the girl on the front desk.

Maximum fine for serving a person alcohol who is underage is 5,000.

Licensing Boards are always keen for clubs and bars to crack down on underage drinking during school holidays. Hence the heavy handed IDing appreoach that has been happening recently.

I can see your point in the arguement but you have to look at it from both sides.

Aereogramme were indeed MIGHY!

Guest neil ex
you'd need a billboard Poster to fit the photo on though

i've got a scaled down version of my ego on a passport sized ID, but i never take him out with me, as when ever he gets IDd they say they can't tell if it's him or not.

i use my student card everywhere and the only place it's not been accepted is the cathouse in glasgow' date=' though they accepted it the last time i was there. that's fair enough to only accept driving licenses/birth certificates, but why don't you just use the same policy for the club nights? i'm sure most people would carry around one form of the other, and if they were refused entry, they'd know to bring next time. might cut down underagers but i don't think fake IDs are that big a problem, better to be safe than sorry though surely?[/quote']

I'm 22 but I don't carry my birth certificate and don't have a driving license. Woah is me! The bouncers still don't seem to recognise me either even though I'm flyering for Moshulu. Gadzooks!

i've got a scaled down version of my ego on a passport sized ID' date=' but i never take him out with me, as when ever he gets IDd they say they can't tell if it's him or not.[/quote']

buy a motorcycle and join the "North East Nomads" biker gang, you won't need any I.D to get you or your double door sized ego into Moshulu then;)

aereogramme were fantastic tonight. the new material sounds great - the last song was superb!

maxi' date=' craig b came over and spoke to me at the bar after the gig and said gofones are his 'favourite scottish band that no one has heard' and he thanked me for coming. i just replied 'yeah ok' as i don't like being approached at gigs and we actually have a fairly good following down in glasgow. i don't really care if he thinks i was rude or not though.

wasn't keen on either of the other bands.

some of the people working in moshulu have like big issues man. also i'm not sure why they wouldn't accept my old student card as ID tonight when they accepted it last night. check them out with their different clothes, think they're cool. maybe it's because i don't dress like my favourite chart bands. someone should teach them some manners, you should say please and thank you, when handling money, unless you play in an established band with a good following in glasgow. prick. some of them like to think they work in the cathouse. i should really be on the telephone first thing towmorrow morning to make a formal complaint.[/quote']

Superstar!!

Who the fuck are guts on fire of north east scotland.

the gig was amazing,best gig i've seen this week i think!first time i'd seen succioperro and really enjoyed them-hope they go far.aereogramme's set was blinding,indiscretion was ace and so was the 10 minute number they did at the end,loeft a hard act for hell is for heroesto follow-which they did,in fine style as usual.was awesome to hear sick happy and 3 of clubs was my favourite song of the set, played a lot of new stuff as well which sounds really promising and they as well as"FOLDEED PAPUR FIGURRS!!!!" band looked like they gave it 110% all the way through,HIFH remain one of my favourite live bands.ace.

also muchos great big thank you to whoever had the decency to hand in my visa card which went missing from me during the action and for moshulu rob for returning it to me afterwards-thanks very much guys!:)

Guest neil ex
Superstar!!

Who the fuck are guts on fire of north east scotland.

i'm most certainly not a superstar. thanks for the interest though.

keep your eyes peeled, not literally though.

older was bloody good last night, as always, aswell.

who are guts...?

and why am I the only person that seems to think areogramme were ok to poor? They did nothing for me.

HIFH were immense.Thoroughly enjoyed them and are 1 of the best live bands I've seen for giving it their all.I would go as far as say they were slightly better than Biffy on monday.

What a totally dissapointing gig, first band where shit, aereogramme were average, the set list was poor for me as they have much better material, musically aereogramme were a little flawed.

Hell is for heroes what a totally overated band, so linear musically. Heard one song, heard em all. For fucks sake are people so easily led to buy into that shit?

Why the hell where people in the crowd shouting "ooh play this, play that blah blah blah"

All their material sounds the same. Why dont they just release one song twenty times over people would still buy into it just so that they could be trendy.

Then what really pissed me off was the crowd reaction to aereogramme, lets face it only a hand full of people showed any kind of activity the rest just stood there. Fucking sceners really piss me off. You could have the most musically talented band supporting this shit and people still wouldnt appreciate the musical talent they have. Why put the two together?

That for me is way off the mark. Are people really that clue less to what real talent is?

Oceansize are streets ahead musically, so much better on the night than the two combined.

Hell i guess alot of those sceners never bothered their arses going is because oceansize arent trendy enough. Like i give a shit

who are guts...?

and why am I the only person that seems to think areogramme were ok to poor? They did nothing for me.

HIFH were immense.Thoroughly enjoyed them and are 1 of the best live bands I've seen for giving it their all.I would go as far as say they were slightly better than Biffy on monday.

No you're not cos I thought Aerogramme were pish. The ten minute song wasn't actually that bad, some nice nits to it. But overall they seemed very mad-at-our-dads. Well the singer did anyway.

HIFH were far better than Biffy I thought, but then I didn't get a good place for Biffy and I'm not as big a fan. HIFH were absolutely immense. Only two snags: Will's guitar being out of tune for the first few songs, and those "FOLDID PAPUR SIZURSSSSSS" guys who did the old "oh look how hard I am, I can shove girls and people who are off balance" act. The fact they were so easy to shove a fair few feet kind of ruined the act. Fools!

Otherwise, that was the best HIFH gig I've been to yet. Great atmos.

As for Rune, if you thought everyone was so bad, then why the FUCK did you go to the gig????

Guest neil ex

Then what really pissed me off was the crowd reaction to aereogramme' date=' lets face it only a hand full of people showed any kind of activity the rest just stood there. Fucking sceners really piss me off. You could have the most musically talented band supporting this shit and people still wouldnt appreciate the musical talent they have. Why put the two together?

That for me is way off the mark. Are people really that clue less to what real talent is?

[/quote']

You said that you thought Aerogramme were average though.

I thought Aereogramme were fantastic and I was happy just standing there listening to them, very much appreciating the music. They seemed to go down quite well i thought.

Just out of curiousity, what would you have liked them to play? Hell, there were a heap of songs I would've liked them to play, but I enjoyed it none the less.

It would've been well funny if they ended the set with 'Shouting for Joey' after saying the last song was 10 minutes long.

Guest stuartmaxwell

aereogramme are a great band

its a shmae they stopped playing snake which used to be the old set ender (its a cover of pj harvey), i personally reckon they should bring tunes like "fuel to brun" back to the set-feckin rocking

i go through different periods with aereogramme some weeks i prefer 12st album some weeks the second

they are strong songwriters and at times they are more complex than straight out block rock bands like hell is for hereos, many fowk whop are there to see hifh prob wont get it

as for oceansize, they are a truly fucking immense band, they write amazing songs, wehre they not only think, but have mainstream appeal adn melodies

the curse of oceansize struck again as i didnt go on wednesday due to blu/tiredness/work etc, gutted as they are a favourite band of mine and have been for a long long time

I just hope that they dont get the boot from beggars

You said that you thought Aerogramme were average though.

Just out of curiousity' date=' what would you have liked them to play? Hell, there were a heap of songs I would've liked them to play, but I enjoyed it none the less.

It would've been well funny if they ended the set with 'Shouting for Joey' after saying the last song was 10 minutes long.[/quote']

Would of liked them to play a set list from any of the following - Question is complete, shouting for joey, sunday 352, fuel to burn, inhalation blues, i dont need your love, in gratitude, the here the now whenever, art of belief, zionist timing, , motion.

For me older is a weaker release, as was the first untitled song they played. Hatred was good tho so was black path. Dont think the last song suits their live act. For me craig b wasnt at his best as ive seen them perform alot better than that.