aberdeen-music

Hell Is For Heroes + Aereogramme + Succioperro - Thursday

Ross

Guest neil ex

craig b (the singer) came across to me as friendly, happy to be there, no ego, just like he always does. i don't know what you meant by that comment. i'm not going to go and watch an adam sandler movie to find out. i'm just curious to what other people thought about the gig.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

craig b (the singer) came across to me as friendly' date=' happy to be there, no ego, just like he always does. i don't know what you meant by that comment. i'm not going to go and watch an adam sandler movie to find out. i'm just curious to what other people thought about the gig.[/quote']

Well basically it's somehting me and my mates say. It's from the scene where Adam's character is in the park with the little boy he's looking after. A Hollywood Goth goes past and Adam says, to the boy, something about the Goth having a bad relationship with his dad. The Goth says "what are you looking at?" Adam says something like "let it go man, he can't hurt you now" and the Goth says "Get bent!" Adam replies "You're mad at your dad, not at me, I forgive you" and the Goth walks off mumbling "yeah I am".

Basically in the songs I saw (admittedly I didn't see the whole set), the singer was doing the old 'oh-so-emotional screaming' thing, and me and the folk I was with did this: :rolleyes:

I'm sure he's a very nice guy in person, but tortuered screaming is old hat and almost makes me wish Pixies had never formed. Speaking of Pixies, one of their songs was a total rip off of Gigantic...

But that's just my opinion. It should be beared in mind that my mates call me closed-minded. Which is rather ironic considering their the ones who slag off any band I mention without even having heard them before. But such is life.

Guest neil ex
Well basically it's somehting me and my mates say. It's from the scene where Adam's character is in the park with the little boy he's looking after. A Hollywood Goth goes past and Adam says' date=' to the boy, something about the Goth having a bad relationship with his dad. The Goth says "what are you looking at?" Adam says something like "let it go man, he can't hurt you now" and the Goth says "Get bent!" Adam replies "You're mad at your dad, not at me, I forgive you" and the Goth walks off mumbling "yeah I am".

Basically in the songs I saw (admittedly I didn't see the whole set), the singer was doing the old 'oh-so-emotional screaming' thing, and me and the folk I was with did this: :rolleyes:

I'm sure he's a very nice guy in person, but tortuered screaming is old hat and almost makes me wish Pixies had never formed. Speaking of Pixies, one of their songs was a total rip off of Gigantic...

But that's just my opinion. It should be beared in mind that my mates call me closed-minded. Which is rather ironic considering their the ones who slag off any band I mention without even having heard them before. But such is life.[/quote']

pixies was more eccentric screaming than anything. i couldn't hear any song that ripped off gigantic and i can't hear any pixies influence in aereogramme's music either. what's wrong with the screaming? you didn't explain, you just said it was emotional.

pixies was more eccentric screaming than anything. i couldn't hear any song that ripped off gigantic and i can't hear any pixies influence in aereogramme's music either. what's wrong with the screaming? you didn't explain.

Ahhh there was one song that had a really similar bassline to Gigantic. Third last song I think. But apart from that' date=' you're right, there didn't seem to be any Pixies influence. I only brought them up cos folk always go on about Black Francis being the one to make screaming in songs trendy. Especially Nirvana fans.

And you're right, I didn't really properly explain what my problem with it is. Basically, it makes me feel like shouting out "I feel your pain maaaaaaaaaan"... It just seems very cliched, very "look at me, I'm tortured and angst-ridden and really in touch with my emotions" or something like that. Some people can do screaming and pull it off (eg Mike Patton), some can't. [b']In my opinion, Aerogramme's singer falls into the latter.

But I'm always willing to be proven wrong.

the gig was amazing' date='best gig i've seen this week i think!first time i'd seen succioperro and really enjoyed them-hope they go far.aereogramme's set was blinding,indiscretion was ace and so was the 10 minute number they did at the end,[b']loeft a hard act for hell is for heroesto follow-which they did,in fine style as usual.

Go to hell bitch! :swearing: (Kidding :up: )

For me Aereogramme were band of the night, musically sound, brilliant songs. Couldn't believe it when they announced The Unravelling, quality song. Dissapointed that Shouting For Joey, Meaningfull Existance or The Art Of Belief didn't get played. But considering they were supporting HI4H I thought the set was a nice cross reference of their material, to appeal to people that have never heard them before. Besides with a headline show at Kef in Feb, they willl no doubt play a few more of the older songs, to which newer fans can join in :up: .

HI4H played just as well, I always love a good scream/singalong to HI4H. I was so pleased with Out Of Sight being the opener to the set, sheer bloody class! I love the new tracks, they fit in well with the pace of the set against the older tracks. Just a shame that Slow Song didn't make it onto the set :( but shit happens, can't realy complain as the first two times seeing them Slow Song was the opener song of choice at the time :rolleyes: . Can't wait to see how the second album turns out, HI4H deserve a good comeback.

Martin x

Guest neil ex

you're probably talking about the song indiscretion #243, although i think it sounds nothing like a 'rip off' of gigantic.

i don't see aereogramme like that in anyway. craig's lyrics are very emotional yes, but personally i think the band aren't cliched at all, and i think craig's screams are great. but that's fair enough.