aberdeen-music

80's Music Hall Of Fame

Rob

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id say Bob Dylan will come up in 70's hall of fame.

Id say Smiths' date='Rem,GnR. Beastie Boys aswell.

Cant really break down the list anymore.[/quote']

seriously, SHIT THE FUCK UP YOU CUNT AND GET A FUCKING CLUE, before you start making shitty remarks like that.

let me start with your marks back to front : WHY THE FUCK SHOULD GNR be in any hall of fame when they are one of the worst bands ever!!!!!

also, if bob dylan is in the 70s hall of fame you can just go and fucking die right now.

dylan made his best albums (6 of them) in the 60s so just go and fuck off. i bet youve only heard Blood On teh tracks and felt touched by it. people like you should jump off a cliff

i would've had new order and frankie goes to hollywood in there. Blondie aswell?

New Order I agree with, but Blondie are really a 70's band, I'd say. Pararell Lines came out in '78.

I have to agree that I completely miss the appeal of G'N'R, the choice band of children's TV presenters who want to become "RAWK CHICKS, DOOD!"

Guest Nikola Tesla
Where's the likes of Ministry' date=' Napalm Death, and Slayer? o_O

And whose this Metallicock I've been hearing so much about? :rolleyes:[/quote']

Skinny puppy too my good man :p...

plus a bit of Black Flag and Circle Jerks... even some Discharge would not go a miss in this list !!!!

they might be in a metal hall of fame but i think these nominations are classed on what these bands have achieved throughout that particular decade and what mark they made on music as a whole on that decade

surely the stone roses should've been included in this list too, i think joy division is a bit of an odd inclusion because they only made one album in the 90s and their main achievements and recordings as a band happened from 1977 to 1979

Guest Nikola Tesla
they might be in a metal hall of fame but i think these nominations are classed on what these bands have achieved throughout that particular decade and what mark they made on music as a whole on that decade

Metal hall of fame???

skinny puppy are an industrial band which influecned a lot of non metal bands/musicians

black flag circle jerks and discharge are all punk bands who are cited by many bands now to have had an immense influence upon them.... a lot of these bands are also removed from metal/punk origins... so meh :p

Plus half the bands mentioned here truly are abismal bands that are pallatlble to mainstream press and media.. Although saying that New order, Joy division, The Cure and the Smiths are all very good bands in my opinion.

Metal hall of fame???

skinny puppy are an industrial band which influecned a lot of non metal bands/musicians

black flag circle jerks and discharge are all punk bands who are cited by many bands now to have had an immense influence upon them.... a lot of these bands are also removed from metal/punk origins... so meh :p

Plus half the bands mentioned here truly are abismal bands that are pallatlble to mainstream press and media.. Although saying that New order' date=' Joy division, The Cure and the Smiths are all very good bands in my opinion.[/quote']

calm it down geezer, i wasn't referring to what you were on about, i was talking about the fella talking about napalm death and slayer

although what he was saying and what you're saying comes down to your own personal tastes and opinions and i don't think thats the point of these UK Music Hall of Fames, if they were then every band that was ever worshipped and enjoyed and liked by everyone would have to go into the same music hall of fame and i doubt they're going to build an extension to that hall of fame to get skinny puppy, slayer and napalm death into it in order to please the members of that largely-unknown Aberdeen-based metal act called Evacuating Heaven;)

New Order I agree with' date=' but Blondie are really a 70's band, I'd say. Pararell Lines came out in '78.

I have to agree that I completely miss the appeal of G'N'R, the choice band of children's TV presenters who want to become "RAWK CHICKS, DOOD!"[/quote']

Wasn't "Boys don't Cry" by the Cure out in 1979 aswell?

calm it down geezer' date=' i wasn't referring to what you were on about, i was talking about the fella talking about napalm death and slayer

although what he was saying and what you're saying comes down to your own personal tastes and opinions and i don't think thats the point of these UK Music Hall of Fames, if they were then every band that was ever worshipped and enjoyed and liked by everyone would have to go into the same music hall of fame and i doubt they're going to build an extension to that hall of fame to get skinny puppy, slayer and napalm death into it in order to please the members of that largely-unknown Aberdeen-based metal act called Evacuating Heaven;)[/quote']

I believe I am beginning to dislike you, as you have the tone of a person whose only purpose on a messege board is to stir things up.

Also, the bands that I suggested was post as a joke, not to be taken seriously and there for the sheer humour.

And just for one final thing, Evacuating Heaven are not a metal band. We take influence from genres such as Death Metal, Doom Rock, Grindcore, Hardcore, Noisecore, amongst others. I also think it's safe to say we are also beginning to make a name for ourselves, having already played three gigs in the five months that the band has existed. If you're interested in hearing us, pop along to Drakes on Novermber the 13th where we are supporting Co-Exist, Filthpact, Margruder Grind and Zillah.

Hell, if you point out who you are, I'll pay you in.

See you there :up:

Guest Scorge Spike

The thing that made me laugh was the advertisement of the programme being 'The UK Music Hall Of Fame', considering that 7 of the 10 nominees were yanks. :rolleyes:

Out of the other three I'd pick Joy Division, simply on the grounds that New Order should have been included instead.

I believe I am beginning to dislike you' date=' as you have the tone of a person whose only purpose on a messege board is to stir things up.

Also, the bands that I suggested was post as a joke, not to be taken seriously and there for the sheer humour.[/quote']

dislike me all you wish sir, and my purpose on these messageboards is to discuss music and promote some things i am working on now and again just like your purpose on these messageboards are as well i presume

if your posts about slayer and napalm death was intended to be a joke then well done, i saw the funny side in what you said the first time round even if you had been being serious ;)

And just for one final thing, Evacuating Heaven are not a metal band. We take influence from genres such as Death Metal, Doom Rock, Grindcore, Hardcore, Noisecore, amongst others. I also think it's safe to say we are also beginning to make a name for ourselves, having already played three gigs in the five months that the band has existed. If you're interested in hearing us, pop along to Drakes on Novermber the 13th where we are supporting Co-Exist, Filthpact, Margruder Grind and Zillah.

Hell, if you point out who you are, I'll pay you in.

See you there :up:

thanks, i'll bring me personal stereo and big headphones with me too ;)

• 4 weeks later...
New Order I agree with' date=' but Blondie are really a 70's band, I'd say. Pararell Lines came out in '78.

I have to agree that I completely miss the appeal of G'N'R, the choice band of children's TV presenters who want to become "RAWK CHICKS, DOOD!"[/quote']

i just meant that they should've been shortlisted.