aberdeen-music

Jobs in One-Up or The Belmont

Guest idol_wild

Do you actually want to work there for the enjoyment of working there? Or to gain some more of your precious 'Scene Points'. :moody:

hahaha

face it avrilcore boy, a year back you'd love to work at one up for "scene points" and would be sticking up for the dude

hell if im being honest i would've too, but now i've seen what its like to work at places like one up - nae as much fun as you think and as for being on "the scene" its a fuckin joke, id rather have a horny sailor with std's skull fuck me then hang about with half the emo kiddies that are on this site and are on the "scene"

and yes im a moody bastard - bite me :up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
for those who think burger king is one of the worst places to work' date=' i disagree... ok, so it may not be my dream job but it helps if your workmates are ace! the only problem is about 20% of the customers to be honest.[/quote']

As with any job in the service industry, it would be a great job if it wasn't for the fucking customers!

Yes' date=' well done, you disparaging clown. I don't have over 500 posts on this site, so do you think I want to be part of the 'scene'?

Firstly, this thread was started in a largely jocular manner - it wasn't serious. It was light-hearted. Succinct, but light-hearted.

Secondly, your now common anti-'scene' stance is as pathetic as the whole 'scene' mentality itself.

And to satisfy people's inquisitiveness: working in either of those places would appeal to me because it'd be excellent to work in an environment in which I was tuned to. I love films and I love music.

Pretty fucking simple, really.[/quote']

haha...

um, nope, that's all that comes to mind.

haha...

you'll hate it soon

sure the atmosphere seems cool jus now' date=' free live music, meeting new folks (usually drunk) but soon you'll grow tired of it all.[/quote']

well the live music is normally pretty bad, I'm working when Vonda Sheppard is playing tomorrow night. But the folk are great, and thats the people I'm working with, which is the most important. there's no point working somewhere that looks cool but you really dread going there because of the people.

for those who think burger king is one of the worst places to work' date=' i disagree... ok, so it may not be my dream job but it helps if your workmates are ace! the only problem is about 20% of the customers to be honest.[/quote']

I would say the same for McDonalds. I worked there for six years and had some great fun, only left when i was dreading going into work. It was the same with when i worked in a video shop, but that was also partly down to those bloody sunbeds and a very haphazard way of running things.

The only thing you get out of a job is what you put in.

Yes' date=' well done, you disparaging clown. I don't have over 500 posts on this site, so do you think I want to be part of the 'scene'?

Firstly, this thread was started in a largely jocular manner - it wasn't serious. It was light-hearted. Succinct, but light-hearted.

Secondly, your now common anti-'scene' stance is as pathetic as the whole 'scene' mentality itself.

And to satisfy people's inquisitiveness: working in either of those places would appeal to me because it'd be excellent to work in an environment in which I was tuned to. I love films and I love music.

Pretty fucking simple, really.[/quote']

Logan was infamous for his attempts to score scene points; be it his haircut, his music taste, the people he hangs out with or the girl he's chasing. He has a legendary record on the Wasteland as well, under various guises.

I draw attention to this classic quote from Dan Atom:

I remember a day when THE MOST RECENT 63 posts BAR NONE had "last post by The Game"

And' date=' yes I counted them.[/quote']

(Logan was formerly known as The Game.)

As for working in One-Up, I have to say that the idea does seem rather appealingthe atmosphere seems pretty relaxed, and I could indulge one of my main interests: expanding my tastes in music. The wages may be poor-to-average, but I think that the job would be much better than some McJob where you're treated like a number on that corporation's system.

Logan was infamous for his attempts to score scene points; be it his haircut' date=' his music taste, the people he hangs out with or the girl he's chasing. He has a legendary record on the Wasteland as well, under various guises.

I draw attention to this classic quote from [b']Dan Atom:

(Logan was formerly known as The Game.)

ok, you're starting to creep me out a little be you freaky stalker.... _

and by the by, taking pop shots at me does not make you cool. Look at Hobbes/tv tanned, he's been doing it for the past 2 years and he's still a loser.

ps. I was never ever known on these boards as The Game. I don't know where you're getting that info from but it's crap.

working in the belmont is very boring. working in one up would be good for the discount. working in virgin is ok' date=' the games centre will have a new floor soon. shame about the staff there.[/quote']

one of the reasons i want to work there is because of the staff. everytime ive been in there, the staff have been great. really friendly, helpful and they love Jack Skellington. the other reason i want to work there is for the games, ofcourse.

ok' date=' you're starting to creep me out a little be you freaky stalker.... _

and by the by, taking pop shots at me does not make you cool. Look at Hobbes/tv tanned, he's been doing it for the past 2 years and he's still a loser.

ps. I was never ever known on these boards as The Game. I don't know where you're getting that info from but it's crap.[/b']

I would hardly call it stalking. I just happened to (briefly) be in orbit around one particular group that you tried to infiltrate in an attempt to gain "scene points", andas a result of the annoyance this caused one member in particular of that groupI was told at some length about your various "scenie" antics.

As for "taking pop shots" at you to look cool, you are sadly mistaken on this countlooking "cool" on the Wasteland couldn't mean less to me; the whole concept of hip-via-web is totally alien to me. And, for the record, I find it extremely amsuing that you would see yourself fit to label tv tanned a loser.

P.S. My information may be flawed. Though if this is the case, why didn't you highlight the innaccuracy when Dan Atom posted that quote in the first place?