aberdeen-music

Departure tonight.

Skacel

Guest killamangiro
is it sold out or can i just pay at the door?

just heard them for the first time' date=' their new single and its pretty fucking cool

this should be a really good gig.[/quote']

i don't think it is, i mean i hope it's not for my own sake !

Guest killamangiro

no one think the sound was a little, how do i put it, crap?

i noticed at pink grease it was far too hard to distinquish shit, it just sounded a nice down the stage area, and four guys at the gig agreed with me, as did the vocalist from the departure, not that is was crap, that it just wasnt 'clear enough' y'know? (example last night bass guitar, listen to them on record the bass is more visable in their songs as was earlier in year when i seen them at king tuts)

clor were good, didnt get to see them that much but their sound was great, the departure were great, shame not a sell out, but as they say, MISS IT, MISS OUT

Our PA is a club rig..

It isn`t entirely made for live music and a room of that size.

This is why we hire in larger PA Rigs for certain events.

Bare in mind to do ths costs 1,000 say. Now 6 per ticket mean that you need 167 people in to pay for the rig.

There are plans to sort out our live music system in the next 6 months but it is going to cost a large amount of money.

In an ideal world we would have a rig the same size as The Moorings although it may be a bit too large a PA for Moshulu.

Next time the Departure play we`ll have a rig in.

Guest killamangiro
Our PA is a club rig..

It isn`t entirely made for live music and a room of that size.

This is why we hire in larger PA Rigs for certain events.

Bare in mind to do ths costs 1' date='000 say. Now 6 per ticket mean that you need 167 people in to pay for the rig.

There are plans to sort out our live music system in the next 6 months but it is going to cost a large amount of money.

In an ideal world we would have a rig the same size as The Moorings although it may be a bit too large a PA for Moshulu..[/quote']

Alright, that's good to hear, that and a little more lighting, and we have genuine promise for a rather spiffing venue for live music.

i thought the sound was great.

thought the departure was a little empty sounding compared to record....but i wouldnt really blame the p.a. for this, they are a relatively new band after all.

anyway...for me...sound quality at a gig isnt really what i'm concentrating on and isnt what makes or breaks a gig for me.

all the bands were the shizzle last night! :up:

Flicker were Okish, not really my thing.

Clor were yummy, I liked them more than I thought I would.... those light sticks... Oooooooh.

The Departure were awesome, would definately go see them again. I even bought the Tshirt :D

As said previously.... BRING ON THE KILLERS!!!!

Ruck!