aberdeen-music

Neil Leyton - Dr Drakes - Fri 22nd Oct

Dizzy Storm

• 2 weeks later...

Me and chris from the band went down to the Bannermans gig in Edinburgh a few days ago.

Boy did it suck!

There had been very little promotion done for the gig, and as a result, me and chris made up the majority of the paying customers.

No Radio Lucifer either.....

So we saw Aceface who were, to be honest, dreadful. They kind of sounded like Deep Blue Something without any tunes. I actually wondered why the hell they were over here wasting money instead of staying back in Canada and getting better. I almost felt sorry for them.... They reminded me of one of the shit bands we get stuck on bills with in crap pubs in Greenock, and wonder "why the fuck would you put us on with such turgid bilge water?"

Neil Leyton was playing with Aceface as his backing band plus some other guitarist. it wasn't a good mix. Neil is pretty good, but the band were like a lead balloon dragging him down. I dunno who the guitarist was but I have never seen such lifeless and uninspired playing in a long time. Technically, he was playing the parts, but Craig's official verdict was: "suck". Big Neil needs to get his old band back playing with him, they were much better.

The atmosphere didn't help (not that there was any), but my finely tuned bullshit detector was pinging for Aceface.

Hopefully it'll be better up north for you heathens.

Craig

Me and chris from the band went down to the Bannermans gig in Edinburgh a few days ago.

Boy did it suck!

There had been very little promotion done for the gig' date=' and as a result, me and chris made up the majority of the paying customers.

No Radio Lucifer either.....

So we saw Aceface who were, to be honest, dreadful. They kind of sounded like Deep Blue Something without any tunes. I actually wondered why the hell they were over here wasting money instead of staying back in Canada and getting better. I almost felt sorry for them.... They reminded me of one of the shit bands we get stuck on bills with in crap pubs in Greenock, and wonder "why the fuck would you put us on with such turgid bilge water?"

Neil Leyton was playing with Aceface as his backing band plus some other guitarist. it wasn't a good mix. Neil is pretty good, but the band were like a lead balloon dragging him down. I dunno who the guitarist was but I have never seen such lifeless and uninspired playing in a long time. Technically, he was playing the parts, but Craig's official verdict was: "suck". Big Neil needs to get his old band back playing with him, they were much better.

The atmosphere didn't help (not that there was any), but my finely tuned bullshit detector was pinging for Aceface.

Hopefully it'll be better up north for you heathens.

Craig[/quote']

oh cheers craig, nothing like puting folk off before the show has even happened up here is there?

shaz

Jesus. Sorry folks, think Craig's been on a late night drinking/ internet binge again :rolleyes:

Just to clear up, Neil Leyton is fucking brilliant and the Aberdeen gig will be awesome.

The Edinburgh gig was lame though, more to do with the lack of an audience than anything else though. And why no Radio Lucifer?

I will catch Radio Lucifier one day!! You need to keep your drummer more informed' date=' i read on here before he knew that you guys were supporting The Damned![/quote']

oggy is informed it's just that he's normally pissed and forgets.

radio lucifer had to pull out of the gig on monday because james had a big face. no really. he got an abcess on his tooth and had to have emergency dental surgery to drain the abcess and pull the tooth. not cool. his face is small and childlike once again though. and boy, can he play guitar.

neil leyton's backing band last time were rich jones (ex amen) natasha moledina (ex little hell) and Jimmy lucifer. it was righteous. i'm still looking forward to the gig tonight.