aberdeen-music

Babyshambles last night

allstardawn

So then..

sorry, but i find it really hard to believe that pete 'fell down the stairs' - i know this is probably just me jumping to asumptions, but it seemed that pretty much everyone else who was present last night thought along similar lines.. especially as he has a reputation for pulling out of gigs at the last minute. Yes, i realise i get my money back, but it doesn't really compensate for what could have been an utterly fantastic gig.

anyone else have any opinions on it?

Guest killamangiro

no he didnt,you should've went to newcastle the day before last for an utterly fantastic guitar smashing gig.

two wombles said i'd be going down town with em if i didnt clear off when i did, even though andrew(the guy who came on stage to tell everyone) signalled me to come over and have a word with him, one of the wombles wouldnt let me past, the little pavement,

From Nme.com

Seven BABYSHAMBLES fans were arrested last night (September 29) after riots broke out upon news that PETE DOHERTY would not be appearing at a Scottish venue.

Fighting began at Aberdeens Lemon Tree when fans heard that the estranged Libertine would not be playing the scheduled gig.

Twenty police officers were called to bring the gig goers under control, including a dog handler. Fans had crowded around the bands tour bus as it tried to leave.

One fan explained to NME.COM that the 550-strong crowd became restless after an announcement that Pete had fallen down the stairs and wasnt able to play. Fans were told they could get a refund for their tickets.

"The aftermath wasn't very pretty, and saw disappointed young fans in tears at the realisation that they were not going to see their hero," he explained. "Aggressive neds fighting bouncers, a one man stage invasion, and the sound of the fire alarm."

The fans were then moved outside the venue where police intervened with the fighting.

Were you there? Send you eyewitness accounts and pictures to news@nme.com.

The band plan to reschedule the Aberdeen leg of the tour in the near future as a free gig. The Babyshambles tour will continue tonight at The Reading Rooms in Dundee.

Guest killamangiro
Anyone particular in mind???????????

inciting a riot, breach of the peach, drunk n disorderly(what the fuck?! no alcohol consumed) and another one that slips my mind, all of which my mte gets slated with,

Seven BABYSHAMBLES fans were arrested last night (September 29) after riots broke out upon news that PETE DOHERTY would not be appearing at a Scottish venue.

Fighting began at Aberdeens Lemon Tree when fans heard that the estranged Libertine would not be playing the scheduled gig.

Twenty police officers were called to bring the gig goers under control' date=' including a dog handler. Fans had crowded around the bands tour bus as it tried to leave.

One fan explained to NME.COM that the 550-strong crowd became restless after an announcement that Pete had fallen down the stairs and wasnt able to play. Fans were told they could get a refund for their tickets.

"The aftermath wasn't very pretty, and saw disappointed young fans in tears at the realisation that they were not going to see their hero," he explained. "Aggressive neds fighting bouncers, a one man stage invasion, and the sound of the fire alarm."

The fans were then moved outside the venue where police intervened with the fighting.

Were you there? Send you eyewitness accounts and pictures to [email']news@nme.com.

The band plan to reschedule the Aberdeen leg of the tour in the near future as a free gig. The Babyshambles tour will continue tonight at The Reading Rooms in Dundee.

Sorry to say it but we did tell you so :p

Everyone should've been at Filthpact/Easpa Measa/Evacuating Heaven instead - there's some REAL talent. ;)

Did everyone leave before said trouble or is it all getting blown out of proportion?

It isn't getting blown out of proportion. Although I never saw any fighting or "disappointed young fans in tears". But there was 2 police vans, 3 police cars, 2 fire engines and 1 police dog. Was most amusing when the first police arrived on the scene. The crowd around the bus started chanting "get the junkie on the bus, get the junkie, get the junkie, get the junkie on the bus" and continued to for a while. I would have been quite happy last night to have seen him arrested. I totally support The Libertines decision to play without him until he gets his act together.

What number do we call to get a refund by the way???

Guest killamangiro
It isn't getting blown out of proportion. Although I never saw any fighting or "disappointed young fans in tears". But there was 2 police vans' date=' 3 police cars, 2 fire engines and 1 police dog. Was most amusing when the first police arrived on the scene. The crowd around the bus started chanting "get the junkie on the bus, get the junkie, get the junkie, get the junkie on the bus" and continued to for a while. I would have been quite happy last night to have seen him arrested. I totally support The Libertines decision to play without him until he gets his act together.

What number do we call to get a refund by the way???[/quote']

lemon tree box office www.lemontree.org it's on the main page, anyway theyre trying to get a gig sorted for tomorrow, so if you still want to see wait and see what becomes off this- and yeah their was fighting inside before andrew came on stage to make the annoucement, the bouncers thrown out 4 or 5 people cause of the fighting,

The Lemon Tree would like to issue the following statement on the events surrounding the hire of the venue by Bullet UK Promotions on the evening of 29th of September 2004.

The Lemon Tree was engaged by Bullet UK Promotions for a hire of the venue to stage a performance by Babyshambles, featuring Pete Doherty formerly of The Libertines, on the 29th of September.

530 tickets in total were sold in advance for the performance with 280 sold via agents engaged by Bullet UK Promotions, and 250 through the Lemon Tree Box Office.

Following three support acts having played to the audience, 25 minutes after Babyshambles were due onstage, The Lemon Tree's staff were informed by Bullet UK Promotions that Doherty, who was on the band's tour bus, was unable to play, due to "having fallen down stairs".

Another member of the Babyshambles tour party then made a statement to the audience to this effect and further stated that the Babyshambles perfomance would not go ahead. Some members of the audience became unruly, with one setting off a fire alarm resulting in the building being evacuated. Our staff attempted to inform as many of the audience as possible that refunds would be available for tickets bought through our Box Office in due course, and that for tickets bought through other agents to approach the appropriate point of sale.

Full refunds for tickets bought through The Lemon Tree Box Office are available to purchasers with valid ID checkable against purchase.

Unfortunately, given the concert was a hire by Bullet UK Promotions The Lemon Tree is unable to take further responsibility for the non-appearance of Babyshambles or for refunds for purchases made through other agencies.

Customers seeking refunds for tickets bought through other agencies are advised to contact the point of sale, these being:

www.ticketweb.co.uk

(customer service - 08701 535353)

Babyshambles Ticket Hotline

0870 950 7262

got any info on the possibility of them appearing at aberdeen tomorrow?

i know lemon tree has something on so shant be there' date=' but ye heard owt none the less?[/quote']

Pete will appearing at a dealer near you in order to score some scag. don't miss this once in a lifetime oppurtunity as it won't be happening again!

Well, until the day after probably.

Guest killamangiro
Pete will appearing at a dealer near you in order to score some scag. don't miss this once in a lifetime oppurtunity as it won't be happening again!

Well' date=' until the day after probably.[/quote']

actually i think you will find it was the tour bus driver who was doing the rounds

Guest killamangiro

make of this what you will,

LIBERTINES frontman PETE DOHERTY is considering a 100,000 offer to appear in Celebrity Big Brother.

Producers have promised him the cash even if he quits after a day. . . which sounds a likely scenario to me.

taken from the Sun.