aberdeen-music

D-Range

Agree with what kev said above and the pa holds up well for vocals. U look at the size and think no but because of the compact size it gives vocals better clarity. The most inportant thing I found tho is that it made everyone seem like they were playing together, it sounds like music. Check it out.

Have they created some kind of magical room or something? If you cant make your band sound like its making music in any room, your in the wrong hobby. Absurd thing to say. 

Have they created some kind of magical room or something? If you cant make your band sound like its making music in any room, your in the wrong hobby. Absurd thing to say. 

Not really, a well EQ'd room can make it easier to hear your bandmates which increases tightness. If you practice in exactly the same room with everything in the same position (or near enough) you can get round that by altering your own sound through the EQ on the amps/PA and reigning in volumes but if the room is well EQ'd it makes that a lot easier.

Not at all. If anything the acoustics of a small room can be a lot worse and cause an even more muddy sound if you don't reign in the volume.

Which is exactly what you would be doing very wrong. Its probably the number one problem that practising bands have, volume. Keep the volume reasonable, and you will always hear your band mates. 

Which is exactly what you would be doing very wrong. Its probably the number one problem that practising bands have, volume. Keep the volume reasonable, and you will always hear your band mates. 

Yeah, but most people don't realise that and in a small room drums are harder to compete with so people tend to crank the volume which doesn't help. This problem is part solved if the room is treated/EQ'd.

Yeah, but most people don't realise that and in a small room drums are harder to compete with so people tend to crank the volume which doesn't help. This problem is part solved if the room is treated/EQ'd.

Which brings me back to the point, that if you cant hear your band mates in a practice room, you're doing something very wrong, you're being too loud for the room. 

Which brings me back to the point, that if you cant hear your band mates in a practice room, you're doing something very wrong, you're being too loud for the room. 

Yes, you clearly aren't understanding my point though: A pre-treated room makes it easier to make the steps necessary to make your band sound better/tighter.

Not that I claim to know anything about sound but seeing its my job I had a point. A well made room makes all the difference. More dampening by carpets extra kills a room so the acoustics don't sound right and dampens the sound of everything. You need a little bit of room for instruments to work. Sound is made of sound waves so if your killing the wave before it has a chance to be alive u kill the sound. Most people think more sound proofing the better. Again not the case check most professional studios they use less dampening and use a rooms acoustics. I.e room 4 of toms. Room is dampened too much. My point about the speakers was as they are 10 inch speakers they have less bass response so helps the clarity of the vocals with the frequencies of the vocal range.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Went here today. Lovely place. The only things was the equipment. But new equipment comes with time and more customers really. Our drummer is a big guy and the kit was too small for him. And playing loud the wee bass amp couldn't keep up. I'd love to go there with my own kit as it was a nice room and the same price as toms.

Basically, if we were to bring my own kit, I'd go there all the time.

I echo Jake. It's a nice place. I was planning on taking my own amp head, as they've got some decent looking cabs in there. The Marshall combos did the job though.

I think they need a better (louder) bass amp, and perhaps bigger PA speakers.

The room itself is smart. Seems well treated acoustically, and it's good that there's only one room. You don't get any sound-bleed from the br00dal deathcore from the next room.

• Upvote 2