aberdeen-music

D-Range

If you are going to look at it as a business then it makes total sense. This is one room at 20 quid an hour. Toms has 4 maybe 5 rooms going at once. So making potentially 75 quid an hour. Mv has 7 rooms so works out same so from a business point of view there has to be a higher rate. Ain't it better tho that they charge 20 then drop the price so people feel like they are getting a deal or starting at 15, realising they are not making enough money to keep the business open then put up to 20. People be up in arms like the end of the world is coming for a fiver.

• Upvote 1

That's saying Tom's will be like a walk in the rain compared to this place. But for me, the bass amps at toms will be better. You have the capability to bring your own head. To me, this places two advantages should be cheaper, and lack of hearing the band next door. So far it only has one. Hence the discussion.

It's nothing like saying Toms is a walk in the rain. You made a comparison that didn't really work, I made a better one and then added the rain for dramatic effect.

I like Toms, the amps are fine there and we're loud enough that the band next door doesn't affect us. All i'm saying is that an extra fiver for a brand new room isn't that big a deal.

It's nothing like saying Toms is a walk in the rain. You made a comparison that didn't really work, I made a better one and then added the rain for dramatic effect.

I like Toms, the amps are fine there and we're loud enough that the band next door doesn't affect us. All i'm saying is that an extra fiver for a brand new room isn't that big a deal.

that extra fiver will be when they aren't really bringing anything exceptional to the table. maybe if Tom's was out the way and they were the only one in town they could charge that, but they're both in town. And Tom's is actually closer.

• Upvote 1

that extra fiver will be when they aren't really bringing anything exceptional to the table. maybe if Tom's was out the way and they were the only one in town they could charge that, but they're both in town. And Tom's is actually closer.

Tom's is actually closer? Closer to where?

You don't know if they bring anything exceptional to the table, you're guessing based on a description on the internet. Might be the best sounding room in the world for all any of us know. Only one way to find out...more internet arguing so we can settle how good this practice room is without going anywhere near it.

Tom's is actually closer? Closer to where?

You don't know if they bring anything exceptional to the table, you're guessing based on a description on the internet. Might be the best sounding room in the world for all any of us know. Only one way to find out...more internet arguing so we can settle how good this practice room is without going anywhere near it.

Closer to me.

So lets sum it all up:

Its a fiver more expensive than Toms.

Its new with new equipment and a fancy new room.

Its got a decent enough PA.

Its further away, from somewhere.

Its closer to somewhere else.

It wont have a sexy looking Capt Tom dishing out freddo's.

You wont hear the band next door.

People in bands spend all of their extra money on fags, booze and popcorn.

Have i missed anything?