aberdeen-music

Johnny Truant + Salem + Allergo + My Mind's Weapon

Ross

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was at this gig and unfortunatly to leave before johnny truant due to other things but i'll say what i think nonetheless.

evacuating heaven - not my thing as such but vocalist was damned good and at least he was gettin into the music by jumping around like a manic! and very brave guys for going at it without a bassist although i do think that with a bassist they will sound ALOT better.

allergo - totally not my kind of music at all..too dillenger escape plan for me but i will give them huge credit for gettin the crowd going in way ive seen no other local(ish) band do it (although i aint been to all THAT many local gigs that will change with me moving into town on saturday).

MMw - the band i was there to see basically and i have to say i wasnt let down at all. very good performance in my opinion. the only thing i would mention was the bass cable get being knocked out but these things happen but even with bens throat probelm it was still great finally gettin to see ya. although i felt sorry that allergo got such a great reaction and you guys didnt...maybe just not the right gig for you..at least thats my opinion..think the gig was a bit heavier than your band if you see my point. hope to see ya again soon.

Guest WalkingOnGlass
Agreed' date=' that's a totally stupid thing to say. Calling another guitarist "clueless" is pretty arrogant. You're right, what he should have said is that he didn't enjoy your playing... that's cool, someone doesn't enjoy your playing, who gives a fuck? When someone has the audacity to say that another musician is "clueless" then its blatantly just a personal attack.

That sucks :moody:[/quote']

Mac, it was nothing like a personal attack, just a mere observation from standing around all day watching the proceedings, from load-in till the end of the gig...I cant see where arrogance comes into it when their's no comparison to myself, or in fact, my band as a whole in the Evacuating Heaven review paragraph I wrote. He was playing out of time, his tone was painful, and he struggled to switch the amp on, I understand that everyone has to learn, but surely that's a process that you must complete beofre supporting the likes of Johnny Truant at a venue like Moshulu. I apologise if I came over harsh, but that's my honest viewpoint, personality clashes aside...

Jamesy

Mac' date=' it was nothing like a personal attack, just a mere observation from standing around all day watching the proceedings, from load-in till the end of the gig...I cant see where arrogance comes into it when their's no comparison to myself, or in fact, my band as a whole in the Evacuating Heaven review paragraph I wrote. He was playing out of time, his tone was painful, and he struggled to switch the amp on, I understand that everyone has to learn, but surely that's a process that you must complete beofre supporting the likes of Johnny Truant at a venue like Moshulu. I apologise if I came over harsh, but that's my honest viewpoint, personality clashes aside...

Jamesy[/quote']

Em... just to give some sort of reply, was there really need to repeat your points? If anyone wants to read them, they are just a little further back. It's little things like that that make comments seem personal. But maybe thats just my viewpoint.

I would give my thoughts on your comments. But then it may come accross as me being hostile, and the last thing that Evac needs is arguements between other bands in the scene, especially since we have only just started gigging.

However, if you do want to hear my explinations, just PM me or something.

No hard feelings :up:

Neale

Em... just to give some sort of reply' date=' was there really need to repeat your points? If anyone wants to read them, they are just a little further back. It's little things like that that make comments seem personal. But maybe thats just my viewpoint.

I would give my thoughts on your comments. But then it may come accross as me being hostile, and the last thing that Evac needs is arguements between other bands in the scene, especially since we have only just started gigging.

However, if you do want to hear my explinations, just PM me or something.

No hard feelings :up:

Neale[/quote']

Were you even using your own amp dude?

Were you even using your own amp dude?

We rented a head amp from tom's. The cab I used appears to have been Dan's.

I won't be using my own amp for a while, as I really need to plug it into a cab, and I've yet to try that out. I doubt it could gig on it's own, plus apparently it was designed for a bassier sound. Most people would probably say that it would be better to use that, but I haven't managed to find a way to get a sound out of it that doesn't sound muddy as fuck.

Bloody high price tagged equipment X(

bit late with my opinion but anyway,

Evac-crazy.really good vocals and stage presence,yeah guitar was a bit trebly but learning experience,drums were good,some of the time changes were a bit ropey but good all the same,tonnes of potential.

Allergo-man these guys know how to play,thought they were the best band of the night.really tight,brutal and great stage presence,they deserve to be huge.

MMW-muchos respect to you guys for playing when you were so ill-that was really brave. quite enjoyed your set ,was nice to finally hear some melody in the night!

Johnny Truant-destroyed completely,looking forward to the show with the bled

:)

Hey man' date=' I didn't actually realise the cab I was using belonged to you, so I must apologise for not thanking you and will take the opertunity to say cheers now.

Also, the reason I did not review MMw was simply because I didn't actually watch you guys and thought it would be unfair to rate a band on a performance I never even watched. The reason why I didn't watch was because I saw you guys play at Broken Oath and simply didn't enjoy your performance due to my personal taste.

Also, I'd like to mention the fact that although I'm not fond of what you guys do, I let Jamesy's comments slide even though I found them very insulting, and quite uncalled for. If the only thing he didn't like was my guitar playing, he could have said that. Saying that I'm clueless and that I should learn how to actually play guitar in my opinion is a bit excessive.

Anyways, Cheers for the usage of your cab.

Neale :up:[/quote']

Nae problems at all...

I wasn't looking for a review or anything like that dude - just a simple "Didn't enjoy MMW that much", or "didn't watch MMW" would have been cool, so it felt like we were actually a part of the gig!

Anyway, it's all good :up:

[by the way, I know where you're coming from with Laney heads - as I use totally different to normal settings when I practise in Tom's. I have the bass on 3, whereas usually it's on about 8 or 9!]

• 5 weeks later...