aberdeen-music

Johnny Truant + Salem + Allergo + My Mind's Weapon

Ross

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although not too much of a fan of that style of music, Allergo were unbelievable from a musicianship/stage performance point of view. These guys deserve to 'make it', as to me they do it better than a heap of signed bands in that genre.

Evacuating Heaven - great name, although I was dissappointed to find out they didn't come up with it themselves (as it is a Pig destroyer song title, apparently). Definitely needed some low end though - either a bass player or a new guitar tone. Still, nice to something a little different in Aberdeen circles.

Johnny T - wanted to watch their whole set but felt really sick so only stayed for the first 4 or so songs. Nice guys though and the Bloodening is an ace tune.

I love it how the 'hardcore' kids refused to watch MMW, even though we're not that less heavy than the other bands. I love even more how some people at the gig who used to really like us a few months ago, now refuse to even acknowledge we play at all, even though we're heavier than we used to be. I don't get that one I'm afraid. Maybe we're not cool anymore. Either that or just shite.

dont see how to be honest. my fave frontman in the world is prob scott weiland when was in stone temple pilots. camp as hell but just amazing. following on from same vein you have james hart from visions who is decidedly camp also. more camp front men i say :p

Agreed. I'd say he was camp us fuck, but he pulls it off really well.

Calling someone camp isn't an insult in that context.

Guest Nikola Tesla

cheers for all the feedback guys....... we knew that playing a hardcore gig would have been a risk for a band such as ourselfs.

All comments are muchly apreciated and thanx to everyone who enjoyed us.

Also just as a small thing.. as i said it was only our second gig so not everything is going to be perfect considering the experiance of the other bands in the room, but we are trying out bassists and should have one up and running by november.

About the timing issues... they were simple slip ups that happened. Normaly the songs are tight as hell.... but anyway as ive said come check us out in drakes.. we should be a totaly differant band in a smaller setting :up:

So yea thanx again.

stu.

i was at the back for MMW because i pretty much wiped myself out during allergo and wanted to save strength for the band i paid the ticket price for. sorry guys. i was listening though and have to say that for some reason i wasn't as impressed this time, it may have been that i was coughing my guts up. i can't really offer any constructive criticism because i don't know what i'm talking about tech wise, but the heavier guitars sounded good.

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake
I'm certain some of the 'fashioncore' members of the crowd have been to SOIA' date=' and some [i']are going.

Why yes! Tickets bought, much excitement (if in fact I am being referred to here;))

Allergo - I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought they shoulda been higher on the bill.

Much agreement. They should have been on after MMW.

Allergo were on before MMW so that people would stay and watch Johnny Truant...

It is a trend in Aberdeen to watch the supports and not the headliners.

It is annoying butthese things happen.

Johnny Truant loved every minute of their day and will be back opening for The Bled & Alexisonfire.

Guest Nikola Tesla
It is a trend in Aberdeen to watch the supports and not the headliners.

Yea i noticed that a few times..... its a rather odd way to work especialy seeing as you're paying to see the headliners. But aye great gig thanx ross for putting us on :up:

Guest Nikola Tesla
No problem...

Need to work on your guitar sound.... TOO much treble..... Sounded like a fart in a jaccuzzi.

Guitar definately needs beefened up.

Yea ill kick our guitarist into working on the sound.... we shall return at some point. (hopefully)

Guest Nikola Tesla

I look forward to Wednesday night sir - I'm hoping for a pleasing set!

Besides Jake might rough you up if you're rubbiss!

I think our set should be kool (although basicly the same as the jt one)

hehe jake will probibly kill us for our song titles anyway :p

yeah thanks to all who enjoyed and commented ... grindcore is never something everyone will enjoy but good to see people keeping an open mind about us !!

We are still working on our sound as it is still early days so we are just getting some experiance gigging as we are still nervous wrecks.

thanks Jamesy for the blast beat comment i hope one day you will hear me playing some killer funky beats !

* can be seen running in the distance *

Right, clear a few things up.

Tone. Sorry about this folks, I set the amp in the same way as I was using it in toms. In there it sounded cool and any bass caused it to become muddy as fuck (boy, I hate room three!). I'm still fucking around with sound and should have it pretty sorted soon.... hopefully.

Anyways...

Allergo - Enjoyed their set. Think they should have been higher up the bill, but I guess the point about people leaving after the local support made that one a no.

Johnny Truant - Em... what more can be said than GET THEM BACK UP HERE SOON DAMNIT! Really enjoyed their performance. Really. Really. Really enjoyed it.

Must apologise about the tone again folks. Why's it so hard to get a bassy, cutting sound, rather than sounding like something that belongs in a swamp.