aberdeen-music

PIGDOG - CHELIOS LP (New album! Free download!)

Soda Jerk

My noisy recording alias, PIGDOG, has finished recording a full length album for your listening holes, if thrashy, nasty hardcore punk is your bag.

It's going to be released on vinyl at some point, but we don't know when (possibly around Spring, at the earliest) but we're itching for people to hear it right now as it's been finished for some time, so it's all on Bandcamp for your streaming and downloading pleasure for free. No money down. £0.00 - Or you can download it on a 'name your price' deal, if you are feeling super generous, which will go towards the vinyl costs, and probably beer and steaks.

It was recorded between September and November this year, except for the vocals, which were hammered out in about an hour in some dirty practice space in Leeds. The first two EPs were thrashed out in an evening each, but I spent a lot more time on this one, so it's a bit more exploratory I suppose.

So if you've got half an hour to spare, please give it a listen, share, download it and put it on your iPod, feedback. If you want to ping the link onto your mates who you think might dig it, that would be most excellent of you. Likewise if anyone wants to review it for their pop music blog. We just want people to hear it, and I'd be chuffed to hear what people think of it.

http://pigdogpigdog.bandcamp.com/album/chelios

2833799507-1.jpg

1. Your Eyes Are About To Piss Tears

2. Thy Knows Nowt About Owt

3. Bloodsoaked Nightmarish Hellscape

4. Marco Van Bastard

5. Sweating Lunatic, Iggy Pop

6. TV Has Gotten Crazy Good

7. Scottie Pippen's Barber

8. Fuck Off David Lamb You Unbearable Tosser

9. Bill Withers Is Still With Us

10. Come The Fuck In or Fuck The Fuck Off

11. Tape A Bunch Of Cats Together

http://pigdogpigdog.bandcamp.com/

• Upvote 1

Oh, and I don't know if it was someone here, but whoever paid £7 for the name your price download, that was totally excellent of you. If it was someone here (I think it might be as I've not posted it many places yet) PM me, and you can have an LP for nowt when it is ready, and I will buy you a beer.

No pressure on anyone to put money down. We just want people to hear this more than anything. Free or whatever you feel like giving. The money will either go towards putting this out on vinyl or paying for an aggregator to get the record put on Spotify. Thom and myself just appreciate anyone who has taken the time to listen to the record from start to finish.

To be honest, Thom and myself would appreciate you sharing this to your friends more than any cash value.

Is there a certain amount I can choose to pay now that will guarantee me a vinyl copy as well?

Vinyl is the pipeline, but it's still not 100% nailed on, so we can't really guarantee vinyl for anyone yet. Any money made from Bandcamp sales will probably go towards getting it put on Spotify and other such places first, as the lad who is putting it out on vinyl already seems committed to paying for it out of his own pocket. Anything extra we make will go to him once he's set on releasing it. He's a busy man, so we haven't had a chance to hammer it all out. If/when it does come out, I can set one aside for you. Would be happy to do a trade for any Filthpact stuff perhaps?

Also - what is the soundbyte at the end of David Lamb from? It's fucking ace!

xx

Cheers man. It's from Parks and Recreation, by the excellent Fred Armisen, playing the Venezuelan head of something-or-other.

I'm not keen on the production, but I can tell the songs/riffs are there - would be interested to see it live. Do you have plans to gig?

Cheers for the feedback. My knowledge of music production is very limited to say the least. I have no real gear for recording other than a computer and an amp. It's a bit harsh at times, though I'm relatively pleased with how it sounds considering it did it all at home with a shite laptop, a free drum sequencer and a little Yahama THR10. It could definitely sound better if we invested money into it, and also got a real drummer.

No gigs planned, as it's a logistical nightmare. It's just me and Thom and we live 300+ miles apart. I also have a hand injury and can't play guitar for a while. Managed to finish this off before my hand went gammy.

Thanks for listening all!

Vinyl is the pipeline, but it's still not 100% nailed on, so we can't really guarantee vinyl for anyone yet. Any money made from Bandcamp sales will probably go towards getting it put on Spotify and other such places first, as the lad who is putting it out on vinyl already seems committed to paying for it out of his own pocket. Anything extra we make will go to him once he's set on releasing it. He's a busy man, so we haven't had a chance to hammer it all out. If/when it does come out, I can set one aside for you. Would be happy to do a trade for any Filthpact stuff perhaps?
Sound, will just download for now and then wait for the vinyl. I might chuck you a pound or something. Cos I'm a gangster.

Cheers man. It's from Parks and Recreation, by the excellent Fred Armisen, playing the Venezuelan head of something-or-other.

Cheers for the feedback. My knowledge of music production is very limited to say the least. I have no real gear for recording other than a computer and an amp. It's a bit harsh at times, though I'm relatively pleased with how it sounds considering it did it all at home with a shite laptop, a free drum sequencer and a little Yahama THR10. It could definitely sound better if we invested money into it, and also got a real drummer.

No gigs planned, as it's a logistical nightmare. It's just me and Thom and we live 300+ miles apart. I also have a hand injury and can't play guitar for a while. Managed to finish this off before my hand went gammy.

Thanks for listening all!

Is Chris filling in for you in Das McManus while the Doctor decides whether or not to take your paw off at the wrist?

I downloaded it for nowt on basis that if I liked it I would buy an LP when it came out. I didn't read properly that you were semi-relying on download cash to pay for the LP release. Now I feel like a freeloading mink.

I much prefer when things just cost money. The band sets a price and if I find it fair and am interested enough I will pay it.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed it on first listen. Reminded me a lot of earlier Unsane with the muffled vocals. Nice oppressive and claustrophobic sound. I quite like it with the drum machine as well. I'm no expert on production values but I thought what it is suits the music just fine.

I didn't read properly that you were semi-relying on download cash to pay for the LP release. Now I feel like a freeloading mink.

Oh no, we're definitely not. Apologies if it comes across that way. The download is most definitely FREE for all. Anyone who does chip in a few quid, the money will be used to getting it on spotify/napster etc and releasing the record, but if we make £0.00 on downloads, that's completely fine as we're committed to paying for it all ourselves anyway. We just want people to hear it, above all else. Anything that comes in is a totally unexpected bonus. Thanks for listening to it, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The distorted and slightly hidden vocal was intentional. I'm a big fan of that sort of masked vocal style like Unsane and Converge. I think it makes the vocal sound more strained by distorting it and making it almost struggle to cut through the mix.

I really like the production. I'm not a HUGE fan of that vocal style so I liked it being in the back of the mix. Emphasis on RIFFS!!!

The drums are ridiculously good for being done for free on a sequencer.

xx

Hydrogen

http://www.hydrogen-music.org/hcms/

Highly recommended. Has a great community of supporters too, who make and share their own unofficial drumkits for use. There's plenty of official ones too. Great bit of kit. I've used cracked legitimately obtained versions of expensive drum sequencing software, and this seems just as good to me.

• Upvote 2